The Student Room Group

My course is not available through extra, what are the chances it will be in clearing

I still haven't received an offer in which I want..I have found another different course in which I want to apply for..but it's not available through extra at the moment..it has a C next to it. The problem is it is only available at two universities one is too far! So I'm limited to one. I was told that on results day people will get their firm offers or some people won't get the grades so there will be vacancies? What are the chances? I am working above the entry requirements too. Or do courses which generally aren't available through ucas extra tend not to be in clearing too? I really have my heart set on this course too so I really hope
I can work hard and get in for September!! Or I may re apply but preferably I would prefer to go this year
Reply 1
Does the C mean closed at the moment? Can that change on results day?
Reply 2
I don't have an offer from the unis/courses i want. So i found a completely different course, it's only available at two unis. One is very far, so i'm limited to one. But they aren't taking applications for it atm (in other words its full) through extra. What are the chances it will be in clearing on results day? I am currently working above the entry requirements..i was told that on results day people either do not get the grades and get rejected, or they get into their firm choice (if they haven't firmed my desired course that is) What are the chances i can get in?? do courses which aren't available through extra have some vacancies in clearing? Many thanks
Reply 3
It's very unlikely that if a course that has been advertised as full on UCAS will have places left on results day. If they did, they would look at the applicants they had already interviewed and shortlisted who made the cut but didn't get an offer.

The chances they take on somebody who has no prior contact with their application process is slim.

Sorry :frown:
Reply 4
what's the course and which uni's offer this course? i know someone who has the clearing papers from the past 2 years who could take a look to see if the uni's for the course have come up in clearing in the past?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Low but possible.
Reply 6
As the course is only offered at 2 unis it's likely to be quite oversubscribed and so might not be in Clearing. It's possible, but not really something to set your heart on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending