The Student Room Group

How much would you ideally like to earn?

Scroll to see replies

I'd be happy with £30,000. If none of my current plans work out I'll follow in my dad's footsteps and get myself qualified on an excavator. I absolutely hate the job that he does, but £30/hour is pretty hard to ignore (admittedly, he's very experienced).
(edited 11 years ago)
I guess enough to be comfortable. I want enough to have a family holiday once a year, to send my children on school trips, buy what I like each week at the supermarket etc....
Reply 22
Ideally anything over £30k and i'll be happy :smile:
£1000000000000000000000000000 so I can fix world hunger and all the economic problems! Whooo!
I'd like to get 100k plus, considering 50% of that is taxed here in the UK.
£40K+ innit
Reply 26
At the age of 40 I'd like to be on minimum 80K, sounds money mad, but I'd like to lead a life with an extreme healthy financial security, not just for myself but for my family too (or 300 cats haha). Especially in the ongoing economic crisis this world seems to be plagued with. But I do want my job to be self satisfying and definitely not just about the money :smile:

For all the unnecessary negs - I'm really sorry, I forgot people on TSR condemn one for wanting to do well in life and be successful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
I'd like to earn £30k and make the rest
Right now I'd be happy to get £20k but in the future I think I'd ideally be on £30/35k. I seem to be following the crowd! I'd prefer to like my job than be on huge money. I'm not sure about what I want to do in the future but if I plan on going to the US later, then obviously I will need to be on more than that to save up and get myself there/set up without too much financial difficulty. I'd like to be comfortable enough to pay a mortgage without too much stress (not on a huge house), have a few luxuries and get a holiday or 2 during the year. In an ideal world!
25k for a starting salary
40k for a normal salary
I wouldn't sacrifice a happy life for money...
Reply 30
i'm hoping 70k. it would afford me a nice house nice car and a comfortable life while not being excessively obsessed wiht money
I don't know. A comfortable amount I guess. I'd rather have a job I'm happy with though. A lot of people who do the degree I'll be doing at the university I'm going to study at go into finance (around 1/3 I believe), but I don't think I could ever do that, as appealing as the money might sound, I know I'd be miserable. I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but I'm going to study geology because I like geology and I want a job in it, not because I want to make millions, otherwise I'd do an economics degree.
Happiness doesn't need a wage! :biggrin:

Is what I'd say in an ideal world. But anything above £30k is gurd.
If all things go to plan (chances are they won't :tongue:):

25 --> £25,000

30 --> £40,000

35 --> £50,000

40 --> £75,000

45 --> £85,000

50 --> £90,000

55 --> £95,000

60 --> £100,000

In today's terms, gross pay. Take home pay, on the other hand, :facepalm:

If I have a debt of over £75k + interest, and working irregular hours including nights / weekends, I expect to be earning around that much... :redface:
Reply 34
More than 40K a year :colondollar:
Reply 35
Enough to be comfortable on, paying all my bills, saving some and then hopefully a little disposable income left over. :biggrin:
Reply 36
Enough so I can expand my family's real estate business with my siblings and help turn it into a long term legacy. So ideally £30k+ from day one of graduation.
Reply 37
Original post by thegodofgod
If all things go to plan (chances are they won't :tongue:):

25 --> £25,000

30 --> £40,000

35 --> £50,000

40 --> £75,000

45 --> £85,000

50 --> £90,000

55 --> £95,000

60 --> £100,000

In today's terms, gross pay. Take home pay, on the other hand, :facepalm:

If I have a debt of over £75k + interest, and working irregular hours including nights / weekends, I expect to be earning around that much... :redface:

Lol what profession do you want to go into which you have such a detailed knowledge of future earnings potential? Looks like you've just grabbed some numbers and ages from thin air
Reply 38
One million pounds for five years. Then I'll quit and start giving to charity.
Original post by RocknRap
Lol what profession do you want to go into which you have such a detailed knowledge of future earnings potential? Looks like you've just grabbed some numbers and ages from thin air

Medicine, based on the hospital consultant route, not the GP route :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending