The Student Room Group

Just got assaulted and can't stop replaying it

Basically, yesterday when I was walking home from school with 2 friends, someone stopped us and demanded a password. We ignored him and kept walking. Next thing I know, I've been spun around and punched in the face enough to draw a lot of blood. Neither of my friends helped, and there was two off them, so I ran off :/

Now I can't stop freaking out about "what ifs", like if they knocked me down or if I'd hit them back. The worst thing is I walk past that road every day, and they'll recognise me.

What do I do, or what should I have done?

Scroll to see replies

Been in a similar situation (8 vs 3) and none of us did anything. Pretty embarrassing tbh that none of us did anything.... but hey its a learning experience. Your always going to replay situations like that so just make sure your prepared to do something next time.

If you are really worried then report the assault to the police?
its time to start training! remember what doesnt kill you makes you stronger! be ready to defend yourself!. Its all apart of growing up!
Actually, if you can afford it martial arts isn't a bad idea. I'm not condoning confrontation (in fact, in almost every situation running away is your best option if you don't have ambitions to become a druglord), but it's fun, will keep you fit, and you won't feel entirely defenceless.
Oh my gosh! Well, you should go to police, it may be they can not do anything anymore, but maybe just for yourself.
You should also talk to somebody about it since it clearly left some kind of trauma. Maybe visit counselling/professional?
You did nothing wrong, and those kind of situations are never your fault by any means!
Anyway, I would recommend going to police.
its easy...

Control your breathing

bring up your secondary

pick targets :smile:

soap and price will take out the others
Reply 6
What do you mean 'demanded a password'???
Reply 7
Just ignore it sounds like a completely random act but if you are a little scared I would suggest walking with your friends still, they most likely did nothing due to the fact that they were dumbfounded and completely shocked that it happened.

Best thing to do is go on like it never happened, I've been in situations where I've been folowed home with rocks pelting my head, been attacked by 4-5 guys kicking and punching me to the floor but if you ignore it and just forget it happened it means you don't obsess over it.
Original post by Kiss
What do you mean 'demanded a password'???

I gather it's the thing that school children usually do. I.e "You're not getting through this hallway unless you know the password!"

...However in this case it sounds like a deranged drug bender.

Advice to OP, you'll get over it eventually. Happened to me once.
How does a girl get attacked by a 'crew'.
Reply 10
lol same thing happened to me a couple years back it was me and 3 m8s coming back from swimming when we were jumped by 13 guys I got beaten so badly lol but the part that I cant get out of my head was that I just froze and didn't even attempt to hit back.
not the LSM dont mess with the LSM
I would be very angry at my mates. If I was with a mate and got attacked I you expect them to get in and help out, even if they are useless at fighting it is the thought that counts, you should back your mates. I suppose you can't be annoyed since you didn't do anything either.The choice depends on your personality and your physicality, there isn't really a right or wrong thing to do. I have been punched when it was about 6 on 1, even though I was clearly going to lose I fought as hard as I could. I would rather my face hurt and know I hurt a few of them as well than take a punch and wish I had done something about it.
Happens to everyone, and most people wouldn't attempt to fight back when it's their first time or if they're grossly outnumbered.
Reply 14
tbh my experience made me a better person for some reason I don't know I just associated it with all the bad things about me and changed them.
Reply 15
Wow, did anyone get arrested Billton? I personally am extremely thankful that stuff like that doesn't happen in my city (or at least not where around where I live)
If you know who it was, report it to the police. Even if they only get a warning you'll feel like you were able to do something about it - and if they already have a warning they'll get into trouble and if they don't but they do it again they'll get into more trouble.
I was attacked by a girl who thought I had come onto her boyfriend when I was in high school. I was with a friend on the way to the toilet and she charged across the school with a massive crowd of people following her. I still replay it in my head now in the same way you do, and it was 5 years ago. But it does get easier.
And definitely talk to someone, be it a counsellor or a friend.
Reply 17
How did they get away with it!?!? Especially if the guy fessed up names
buy a punch bag, hang it in your room, and release some anger! also it'll help train your punches in case you need them in self-defense
Wow, thanks for all the advice. I already do kickboxing and I can throw a decent punch, but with 2 of them squaring up to me and a couple of them behind them, I didn't dare. Especially since my "mates" had already legged it. And I have no idea who they were, and they had hoodys on so I couldn't see. I don't think "chavvy and arrogant" is enough for the police.

But thanks for the advice

Latest

Trending

Trending