The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nut.
My thoughts are getting jumpy/paranoid. Hoping it's just a temporary effect of lack of meds/ no sleep/ lots of alcohol, because being suspicious of all the people walking around outside isn't fun, and neither was repeatedly throwing back the shower curtain this morning to check there was nobody there.

i've done the shower curtain thing too many times :sigh: it always makes my shower twice as long as it should be, and gets water all over the floor!

:hugs: hopefully it is just temporary cause of those reasons :redface:
Original post by Nut.
My thoughts are getting jumpy/paranoid. Hoping it's just a temporary effect of lack of meds/ no sleep/ lots of alcohol, because being suspicious of all the people walking around outside isn't fun, and neither was repeatedly throwing back the shower curtain this morning to check there was nobody there.

I get that sometimes. If I'm lying in the bath and I can't see the floor I'll keep sitting up to make sure nothing is crouching near the bath. Hope it passes soon because it really does suck!
Reply 9822
Oh wow, 500 pages already
Original post by headunderwater
I was just wondering, what do you all see/feel when you look into the mirror?

I never really feel anything, because I feel completely disconnected from the person I see. I "know" logically that it's me, I can recognise my reflection and recognise myself in pictures, but it doesn't "feel" like it's me. I don't really know what it is I expect to see, but whatever it is I expect, it's not my actual reflection.

I know what you mean, it happened to me just once when I was really upset... it passed though.
Original post by Nut.

Lack of sleep can most definitely do that to you. Maybe try and cut back on the alcohol too.
Original post by bullettheory
Are you borderline too? I feel outnumbered here :tongue:

I'm borderline!

Well, I've been diagnosed borderline quite recently, I don't know how I feel about this :s-smilie:
Reply 9826
Original post by Sabertooth
Lack of sleep can most definitely do that to you. Maybe try and cut back on the alcohol too.

Yeah I know. :frown:
Problem is at the moment that it's the only thing that stops all the thoughts dragging away in my head.

I hope I can sleep tonight... still not at all tired after 41 hours awake.
Original post by lifeguardsleeping
I'm borderline!

Well, I've been diagnosed borderline quite recently, I don't know how I feel about this :s-smilie:

Remember guys: abuse + self harm = BPD.

:rolleyes:
Original post by lifeguardsleeping
I'm borderline!

Yay! (Well not yay that you are borderline, but yay that there are some out there :tongue:)

:hugs: I got diagnosed for the first time about a year ago, and I had the same, no idea what to feel about it either. I still sometimes think "There is no way I have this", and try and push it all away, but I suppose that isn't very productive... Well I try not to anymore. Are you getting treatment for it?
Original post by Nut.
Yeah I know. :frown:
Problem is at the moment that it's the only thing that stops all the thoughts dragging away in my head.

I hope I can sleep tonight... still not at all tired after 41 hours awake.

Impressive work. Most I've ever gone was 42 hours (meaning of life :woo:).
Remember guys: abuse + self harm = BPD.

:rolleyes:

I got diagnosed with it without the abuse. :unsure:

I'm speshal. :wizard:
Reply 9831
Original post by Alofleicester
Impressive work. Most I've ever gone was 42 hours (meaning of life :woo:).

Mmm. Caffeine probably played its part overnight, but now the daylight seems to be keeping me awake, even with my curtains drawn so people can't see me.

Hopefully I'll crash and sleep for like 24 hours :coma:

You know any self harm means you must have a borderline personality. Being abused just makes their arguments stronger.
Hey people :h:

Haven't posted here in forever...
You know any self harm means you must have a borderline personality. Being abused just makes their arguments stronger.

Ah yes, of course. :dunce:

My new psychiatrist is still pursuing it. I told her about the voices and telling me to self harm and she goes yeah borderlines are like that under stress. :facepalm: I do not fit ANY of the symptoms!!! ****ing retards. :banghead:
Original post by Nut.
Mmm. Caffeine probably played its part overnight, but now the daylight seems to be keeping me awake, even with my curtains drawn so people can't see me.

Hopefully I'll crash and sleep for like 24 hours :coma:

You say that, but when I did it I only slept ~7-8 hours. Although that was the weekend FM 12 came out - I'm not losing valuable playing time to something as trivial as sleep.

My new psychiatrist is still pursuing it. I told her about the voices and telling me to self harm and she goes yeah borderlines are like that under stress. :facepalm: I do not fit ANY of the symptoms!!! ****ing retards. :banghead:

I had a good argument with the crisis team today. I also told them that I hear voices telling me to harm myself and they said it was 'transient psychosis' - "a crucial element of BPD". ****ers.

I told them to tell me which 5 symptoms out of the 9 I fit into and they couldn't answer. Idiots. So they've arranged for the PD unit to come and assess me next week. :frown:
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Hey people :h:

Haven't posted here in forever...

Hey. How are you? :smile:

I'm speshal. :wizard:

I got diagnosed with it without the self harm either, mega spesh please?

URGH wtf. How can they think you're borderline at all? Throw a table at her and see how she acts under stress :colone:
I had a good argument with the crisis team today. I also told them that I hear voices telling me to harm myself and they said it was 'transient psychosis' - "a crucial element of BPD". ****ers.

I told them to tell me which 5 symptoms out of the 9 I fit into and they couldn't answer. Idiots. So they've arranged for the PD unit to come and assess me next week. :frown:

That's a good step at least that they're going to assess you. :yy: I'm not even sure if my new psychiatrist is going to bother, will probably just continue to label me with it because she can't be bothered to deal with me. :rant: I might steal your idea to get them to list the ones that apply - at my last appointment I went through them all in turn and pointed out that they didn't apply but it fell on deaf ears.