The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natalie21
Haha that would have been big competition :wink:

I wouldn't complain either - sounds great :P

You'll do amazingly! I had all my mocks weeks ago so its been pretty stress-free at school this week - 2 more days til study leave :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha thanks, it was actually pretty easy :smile: Hopefully went fine :P and yeah, had everything else 2 weeks, ago, we are just reaaaallly behind on bio :P

aahhh lucky :frown: mine doesn't start until next wed D:

Original post by Gcayte
I know its stupid :redface:
No, August.
And yeah :tongue: my friend got a phone call today telling her she got in :frown: looks like I might not.... :redface:

nah don't worry yet, it's only been like 4 days, you will get it :biggrin: did she set her own project up? it's probably going to take ages to set up individual schemes for us...no one else in my school has heard back yet :/
Just booked my UKCAT for 3rd week in august, scary stuff.
Reply 2542
Original post by Boom533

nah don't worry yet, it's only been like 4 days, you will get it :biggrin: did she set her own project up? it's probably going to take ages to set up individual schemes for us...no one else in my school has heard back yet :/

I don't think I will, it seems weird that she got a phone call but not me :redface: Do you know if we get an answer either way? :smile:
No she didn't, they've organised one for her :smile:
So what open days has everyone booked? I've booked: Leicester, Leeds, Manchester (opened today), Nottingham, and I'm booking Bristol on the 9th when it opens :smile:
Reply 2544
Original post by Holz888
So what open days has everyone booked? I've booked: Leicester, Leeds, Manchester (opened today), Nottingham, and I'm booking Bristol on the 9th when it opens :smile:

Ive booked Sheffield, Nottingham and Leeds.
Already been to HYMS :smile:
Original post by Holz888

Booked: newcastle, sheffield, nottingham, UCL, KCL, aberdeen, st andrews and QUB

Might have to cut down a little to save on travel costs

Already been to Imperial college
Original post by TaraBelle
oooh now that's pretty amazing! gahh rihanna!

it's for one week :smile: gonna have to get up so early to travel though :frown:

ooh you must have got it back by now- how did you do? I got a B on my chem mock :frown:

Aha can't wait :sexface: :biggrin:

Ah sounds great :smile: have fun! I tried to arrange some with the National Royal Orthopaedic hospital but I was unsuccessful in the application :frown: :tongue:

I got 66/100, 1 mark off a B! Happy with that considering I haven't started revision yet and our class actually did terribly - my score was 2nd best o.O

Got a lot of work to do though. :frown:
Original post by Gcayte
I'd have no idea who to look for, Id be like are you erniiee to random people, I'd be know as the crazy girl! :tongue:

Ahaha :tongue: not good to get a reputation early :wink:
That is a major problem but I reckon two months is enough time to revise for it?

Yea hopefully it will be, I'm really not sure whether to do it late July or after results :/
Original post by Satta101
I'm doing mine on the 23rd August! A week after results day, just to make sure my grades go to plan, then I'll be prepared to sit it. If not, then I might just cancel it and get my money back!

Ah good luck :biggrin: I need to decide!
Reply 2547
Original post by erniiee

Ahaha :tongue: not good to get a reputation early :wink:

Definitely not :tongue:
Original post by Holz888

Been to Imperial, QMUL, Oxford...booked Kings and Cambridge. Gonna book UCL, BIrmingham and possibly Nottingham.
[INDENT]
Original post by Holz888

Leeds,machester,sheffield and nottingham
Reply 2550
Original post by erniiee
Aha can't wait :sexface: :biggrin:

Ah sounds great :smile: have fun! I tried to arrange some with the National Royal Orthopaedic hospital but I was unsuccessful in the application :frown: :tongue:

they've got an event coming up in June you know for sixth form students interested in medicine. A number of surgeons and people in the medicine field doing talks and offering advice on applying for medicine. Have your school been offered any places there?
Original post by Pride
they've got an event coming up in June you know for sixth form students interested in medicine. A number of surgeons and people in the medicine field doing talks and offering advice on applying for medicine. Have your school been offered any places there?

Oh really? Not that I know of. That's a shame as that sounds interesting
Reply 2552
Original post by erniiee
Oh really? Not that I know of. That's a shame as that sounds interesting

ahh bummer.

Well my school were given 2 places this week, and they offered me one! apparently there'll also be a 'live operating demonstration via theatre link', the whole program does look really good.
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Lucky, I have another week :frown:

Have to go in for Psych soon, really can't be bothered, especially as we're doing ethical and methodological issues with investigating social influence. It makes me tired just talking about it

Woo study leave has begun :biggrin:

I won't pretend to have a clue about what you're talking about :wink:.

Original post by Boom533
Haha thanks, it was actually pretty easy :smile: Hopefully went fine :P and yeah, had everything else 2 weeks, ago, we are just reaaaallly behind on bio :P

aahhh lucky :frown: mine doesn't start until next wed D:

Good good :biggrin:

At least you only have a 2 day school week :smile:

Original post by erniiee

Yea hopefully it will be, I'm really not sure whether to do it late July or after results :/

I'm definitely doing mine before results as I'm off on holiday after results :biggrin:
Woo study leave has begun :biggrin:

I won't pretend to have a clue about what you're talking about :wink:.

Good good :biggrin:

At least you only have a 2 day school week :smile:

I'm definitely doing mine before results as I'm off on holiday after results :biggrin:

My study leave has just started too... but I don't consider that a 'yay' since it means exams are looming :work:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
My study leave has just started too... but I don't consider that a 'yay' since it means exams are looming :work:

Hahaha that smiley sums up my next week!

But study leave is so great once exams finish or towards the end of exams - that's what I'm happy about :wink:
Original post by Pride
ahh bummer.

Well my school were given 2 places this week, and they offered me one! apparently there'll also be a 'live operating demonstration via theatre link', the whole program does look really good.

Ah...we got offered 2 places at a one day course in an apparently "prestigious" school which I went on back in March. Otherwise nothing! Tell me how it goes

Dam you and your early study leave :tongue:

Ah nice, where you off to? :smile:
Haha I would literally die without it - still going into school for a couple of revision lessons though :P

Barcelona :biggrin:

Ah okay :tongue: ahhhh, take me in your suitcase! I neeeed a holiday :'( how long are you staying? :smile:
Original post by erniiee

Dam you and your early study leave :tongue:

Ah nice, where you off to? :smile:

Haha I would literally die without it - still going into school for a couple of revision lessons though :P

Barcelona :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee
Ah okay :tongue: ahhhh, take me in your suitcase! I neeeed a holiday :'( how long are you staying? :smile:

Haha I would but I need to fill it full of new summer wear! :wink:
2 weeks - can't wait :biggrin:

Latest