The Student Room Group

Sending GCSE's result to University

Hey guys, I am thinking lately how to do this, and been quite **** at it. Heres the situation, I replied to my offers on the 8th of March, firming Lancaster as my firm for Biology with Psychology, and Sussex as my insurance for Psychology and cognitive neuroscience.

The situation is that I really really want to go Lancaster; as being to the open day and finding it amazing and really breathtaking, thus firming it. However the conditions for that offer are BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level DDM, and GCSE Maths C. I am predicting myself to achieving D*D*D hopefully which is above the required and probably A*-B in maths if i revise really hard I will probably get an A or A*. But the real problem is that they want me to achieve the conditions by 31st of August 2012. My tutor informed me that the BTEC results get published in mid July, but I have to wait like everyone else untill the A-levels come out which is late july, also I have wait till 23rd of August to get my GCSE's results, now this is the real problem.

I don't know how I am going send these results to lancaster if I have a 8 day period between the 23rd-31st would this decrease my chance of being accepted can I just electronically copy the result and send them online, and I don't even know how the official paper results are going to come to me will it be on the 23rd of Thursday will my college send me the results on the day?.

Thanks
:s-smilie: What's the problem? You have 8 days to send the results. Thats surely more than enough time?
Original post by NaumanZoSo
Hey guys, I am thinking lately how to do this, and been quite **** at it. Heres the situation, I replied to my offers on the 8th of March, firming Lancaster as my firm for Biology with Psychology, and Sussex as my insurance for Psychology and cognitive neuroscience.

The situation is that I really really want to go Lancaster; as being to the open day and finding it amazing and really breathtaking, thus firming it. However the conditions for that offer are BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level DDM, and GCSE Maths C. I am predicting myself to achieving D*D*D hopefully which is above the required and probably A*-B in maths if i revise really hard I will probably get an A or A*. But the real problem is that they want me to achieve the conditions by 31st of August 2012. My tutor informed me that the BTEC results get published in mid July, but I have to wait like everyone else untill the A-levels come out which is late july, also I have wait till 23rd of August to get my GCSE's results, now this is the real problem.

I don't know how I am going send these results to lancaster if I have a 8 day period between the 23rd-31st would this decrease my chance of being accepted can I just electronically copy the result and send them online, and I don't even know how the official paper results are going to come to me will it be on the 23rd of Thursday will my college send me the results on the day?.

Thanks

You're worrying far too much. A first class letter takes 2-3 days at the very most. If you're very worried just email them now asking if it'd be a problem with them coming a few days late. I doubt there would be (the reason it says you must achieve the conditions by August 31st is basically so you don't try and claim you got the results; just a year late or something stupid).
Reply 3
They will probably allow you to send them a scan/fax of your results slip - or maybe an email from your referee - and then send a copy in the post or produce one at enrolment.

And if you post it first class at a post office and ask for a certificate of posting, they'll be able to see if it is just held up in the post. If you're really worried you could even pay extra for special delivery which will arrive the next day, but that is expensive

Quick Reply