The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2960
I've put on 1.5lbs :frown: I really don't know why or how this as happened, as I've been so good!! I'm having SUCH a crap time with everything - failing my exams, family issues, health worries and making no progress at all in my driving lessons which are so stressful, yet I've eaten healthily all week :frown: I really don't think weight loss is fair sometimes. Ugh.
Anybody got any experience with the 30 day shred?

(I know that I asked this earlier but I didn't see any replies)
Reply 2962
Such a snacky day again, waaah.

(Didn't have breakfast because I woke up too late)

Lunch: salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, tomato, grated carrot) with feta cheese, and one mini onion bhaji. Apple crumble
Dinner: plain pasta with a little bit of cheese and salad
Snacks: banana, brownie, handful of vegetable crisps, 40cal hot chocolate
Original post by Popular-reject-x
Anybody got any experience with the 30 day shred?

(I know that I asked this earlier but I didn't see any replies)

Hey - I've just done it for the first time and it's quite intense, there's no breaks or anything and you just have to keep pushing - it's good because you don't need much space, but i think I've ordered weights that are too heavy, because I used pasta sauces today (:tongue:) that are 500g each and they felt really heavy
Original post by betty_w
Such a snacky day again, waaah.

(Didn't have breakfast because I woke up too late)

Lunch: salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, tomato, grated carrot) with feta cheese, and one mini onion bhaji. Apple crumble
Dinner: plain pasta with a little bit of cheese and salad
Snacks: banana, brownie, handful of vegetable crisps, 40cal hot chocolate

none of your stacks are terrible really - they do say to eat little and often...
Bought size 10 skinny jeans :colone:

*victory dance*

Is it worth tracking walking around town? Had to walk about 20 minutes there and back, plus trudging around for an hour or two. Wasn't sure if this counts as some form of exercise :tongue:
Original post by The_Goose
Hey - I've just done it for the first time and it's quite intense, there's no breaks or anything and you just have to keep pushing - it's good because you don't need much space, but i think I've ordered weights that are too heavy, because I used pasta sauces today (:tongue:) that are 500g each and they felt really heavy

I think I'll start off with water bottles then :biggrin:
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
Bought size 10 skinny jeans :colone:

*victory dance*

Is it worth tracking walking around town? Had to walk about 20 minutes there and back, plus trudging around for an hour or two. Wasn't sure if this counts as some form of exercise :tongue:

Well done!
I always track walking to/from places. Just because I like to see how much I could eat rather than because I see it as a workout.. but I log everything I can!
Original post by infairverona
I've had the most awful week, dominos twice, a meal out last night and the scales say that since Monday I've put on 4lbs. I can't bring myself to revise, I haven't gone to the gym for a week. Just failing to see the point in anything. Feel like the only thing that would make me feel better today is cake and chocolate but at this rate I'll have put on half a stone by Monday. Need to get back on track in all aspects but just struggling now. Ugh.

Just think that if you really give in - like 'Ill start again monday' - you could double how bad itll be for you and itll easily take twice as long to get back to where you were. Can you at least do say an hour of exercise in the next 3 days? have a vegetable soup without bread, bowl of porridge with jam, fat free or greek yoghurt, piece of fruit, walk to the shops, dance to some music for half hour (diy zumba), fruit juice instead of chocolate bar, homemade or good granola... tiny bits will help balance, youve not been that bad :smile:

I havent posted in a while as Tuesday was Pub Night for work and Wednesday I had to get breakdown to meet me on the motorway after going to the gym at work so after dinner, shower and getting stuff ready for today I just did not have enough time for a rundown.

Tuesday
Apple, roasted skinless chicken breast (not whole just a few tablespoons say) with big salad including tomato and cucumber and loads of lettuce and 1 tablespoon low fat mayo, pub dinner - 8oz sirloin steak and chips with 2 beer battered onion rings and 2 lemonades, pack of quavers (someones birthday, yes like a kiddies bday we felt so silly and i said no to a cake)
Wednesday
Small bit of a banana, an apple, big salad again with 1 tablespoon low fat mayo and 2 smoked paprika breaded chicken strips, bowl of incredibly soft pasta with tomato sauce - had less than normal because I was out with the recovery service and it was reheated
30 mins total body bike
Thursday
Small bit of a banana, big salad again with hp bbq sauce and 2 smoked paprika breaded chicken strips, big bowl of homemade lamb and vegetable stew with 2.5 pieces of crusty white bread (i know bad but i dont have much bread anymore), 1 200ml? glass of m&s florida orange juice

I have a wisdom tooth coming through with a mouth ulcer in the same place so painful, still getting over the chest infection, many 6 day working weeks in the last 3 months and later than usual nights means Im soooo tired. Keeping up with the good diet - no sweets or chocolate for ages (in girl days) and relying on this sort of stuff for the rest of the week while i relax/sleep my spare time and work hard for my apprenticeship/at work for targets.
Original post by 08batee
I've put on 1.5lbs :frown: I really don't know why or how this as happened, as I've been so good!! I'm having SUCH a crap time with everything - failing my exams, family issues, health worries and making no progress at all in my driving lessons which are so stressful, yet I've eaten healthily all week :frown: I really don't think weight loss is fair sometimes. Ugh.

Stress releases cortisol which can stop you losing weight if you have too much of it. Your body can just play up on you when you have so much going on.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Well done!
I always track walking to/from places. Just because I like to see how much I could eat rather than because I see it as a workout.. but I log everything I can!

not because you can't drive or anything... :tongue:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Well done!

I just logged an hours leisurely walk. Ate the calories in cheese :colone:
Hi ^^
I`ve been doing a lot of swimming and running lately (only half an hour each session atm), really enjoying it :biggrin: also been doing the call me maybe squat challenge each day since Monday. I do the occasional Tiffany Rothe workout as well but hope to start the 30 day shred on saturday. However, I don`t think (with all the other exercise I`m doing) that doing it every day is best, so I`ll be aiming for 5 times a week.
Does this sound ok?

Also, with all the exercise I feel hungry wayyy more often, can anyone suggest some healthy, but cheap, snacks? I eat a lot of fruit but I would like a little more variety.

thank you ^^
Day 8 complete of 30DS sooo not looking forward to starting level 2 it looks painful!
Original post by Jennie1987
Just think that if you really give in - like 'Ill start again monday' - you could double how bad itll be for you and itll easily take twice as long to get back to where you were. Can you at least do say an hour of exercise in the next 3 days? have a vegetable soup without bread, bowl of porridge with jam, fat free or greek yoghurt, piece of fruit, walk to the shops, dance to some music for half hour (diy zumba), fruit juice instead of chocolate bar, homemade or good granola... tiny bits will help balance, youve not been that bad :smile:

Hey, dont worry I wasn't going to just be terrible til Monday haha. I've just been to the gym :smile: and hopefully will go everyday til Monday. I'm following Slimming World it's just this week I've either been out or my house have got take away together which I didn't want to miss out on when we're so close to the end of term.

Anyway, I seem to be back on track today.

B: weetabix, banana, skimmed milk
L: uncle ben's express rice wholegrain, ham, some bbq sauce
D: chicken breast, roast pepper/mushrooms, jacket potato (plain)

Aaaaand...I went to the gym to do the last day of week 4 C2k5, expecting it to be awful...well, I ran 5k in 31 minutes instead! on 9.3kmph with a little sprint at the end. Ecstatic, I still have a cold so I'm quite bunged up still so I know I could do better if I wasn't having trouble breathing! SO happy. although I did reward myself with a couple of little brownie bite things (housemate offered) but oh well, think this was a good day to get back on it :smile:
Original post by IBzombie
the call me maybe squat challenge each day since Monday.

I regret googling this :sigh: Just what I didn't need after yesterday's lifting session. Ouch.
Original post by The_Goose
not because you can't drive or anything... :tongue:

Driving is for wimps.. walking is the new driving :cool:.

I WILL PASS MY TEST AT SOME POINT.
Reply 2977
Meh, having a tough time of it atm :frown: relationship-wise I mean. Everything was perfect and then he gets a new job and is so busy. Which I get, cus I'm busy with my course a lot of the time too. But like tonight, I drove over to his at 6ish (half an hour away) and brought ingredients for tea, made dinner, then we put on a film, and he's asleep by 9.15 :frown:. I'd brought all my stuff over to stay even though I had to get up stupidly early to be back at uni on time tomorrow. Anyway I decided to just drive back tonight. No point in me lying awake with him fast asleep. Feel like gradually we are spending less and less quality time together, and it makes me sad :frown: I sobbed on the way back. I hate change.
Original post by Lu-x
Meh, having a tough time of it atm :frown: relationship-wise I mean. Everything was perfect and then he gets a new job and is so busy. Which I get, cus I'm busy with my course a lot of the time too. But like tonight, I drove over to his at 6ish (half an hour away) and brought ingredients for tea, made dinner, then we put on a film, and he's asleep by 9.15 :frown:. I'd brought all my stuff over to stay even though I had to get up stupidly early to be back at uni on time tomorrow. Anyway I decided to just drive back tonight. No point in me lying awake with him fast asleep. Feel like gradually we are spending less and less quality time together, and it makes me sad :frown: I sobbed on the way back. I hate change.

*hug* he probably just needs to get into a routine as the new job will be a shock to his system. Same happened in my relationship when I started uni, except it was me who hardly had any time.. We adapted to the change and are still going strong (well, occasional blip haha but probably best not to get me started on that) three years later :-).

Talk to him properly and tell him you miss him, and would like to make sure you do something special (make of that what you will..) at least once a week. Tuesday night is our date night and it's working well right now!
Original post by Lu-x

I know exactly how you feel, and this is why me and my boyfriend split up - he has a demanding job and we're also long distance, and things got too much to handle. Just get a hold on it now before it gets too much, my relationship did and we just kinda went into freefall and ended up really resenting each other. We weren't on the same page and neither of us appreciated what we had. Things do change, and people change, but I think if you are both on the same page and wanting the same thing then it will get better when you both get into a routine :smile: just don't make the relationship into a routine, and appreciate the little things! I hope you feel better soon :smile: :hugs:

EDIT: I must say, we are back together now and still have hectic schedules but we appreciate things more now and are on the right track.

---

On another note, I go on holiday on the 6th June and MFP says I can lose 7 pounds by then healthily, and I am determined to do it. It would also put me into the healthy range if I'm still what I was last week (166 pounds).

It's also exam period, but I need to keep a hold on myself and not let go of the healthy eating. Gonna aim to go for a nice early walk every morning with my dog and make sure I have a good routine in for exams. Hopefully I can shift this weight and feel a tad better about myself! Will be checking in daily, if not on here, on MFP - add me: outlawtorn_

So, goal is to lose 6 or 7 pounds by the 6th June. I hope I can do it! My motivation is always wavering as I'm unhappy at uni but I'll get through it. :biggrin:

Latest