The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37399142']
Really need to make sure I run tomorrow and Sunday, otherwise I won't fit in 3 runs this week :s-smilie: been having lots of early starts this week, and just didn't fancy getting up at 6 to rub, especially since I've not been sleeping all that well. Think I might do a longer (3.5 miles) run tomorrow, since the weather forecast says it's going to be really cold (hate running when it's warm), followed by a fast mile and sprints on Sunday. Plus I might be getting a takeaway with friends tomorrow night, so it would be a good idea to get some decent exercise in to balance it out...

:teehee:
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
:teehee:

Damnit :tongue: Stupid phone.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37399428']Damnit :tongue: Stupid phone.

Haha, made me laugh a lot! My sophisticated sense of humour :tongue:

You did make me feel guilty for not running for so long though. I need a kick up the bum!
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
Haha, made me laugh a lot! My sophisticated sense of humour :tongue:

You did make me feel guilty for not running for so long though. I need a kick up the bum!

My boyfriend always finds it highly amusing when I text him that by accident (which has happened on more than one occasion - you think I'd learn at some point to check things, but apparently not :tongue:)
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37399527']My boyfriend always finds it highly amusing when I text him that by accident (which has happened on more than one occasion - you think I'd learn at some point to check things, but apparently not :tongue:)

I always reply to texts from my boyfriend whilst asleep. Have also been known to reply to Facebook statuses. Absolutely no "real" words, just a string of utter junk.. the occasional real word if my iPhone corrects the junk, but nothing that makes sense.

:-(.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Hope you feel better soon, that sounds pretty miserable :-(. I can hardly cope with my usual 4 days!!

..I'm struggling a little bit at the moment. Not diet or exercise wise because I'm actually really geared up, but more about whether I NEED to lose a full stone more.

I look at myself in the mirror and fair enough I still have a bit of flab that needs to be shifted, but I'm not sure it's a full stone that needs to go. Obviously I'll play it by ear as things go along, and of course I'm thrilled that I'm almost at the "perfect" weight for my body, but there's something I'm struggling with about changing my goal.

The whole way along, it's always been 105lbs that I need to lose to get to the magic BMI 22. It's the amount everyone thinks I need to lose, and I have countdown things all round the house to remind me of how far I've come. But now, at a size 10-12, I'm thinking I don't need to go that far! Obviously I had no idea how I'd look at this weight when I started because I haven't been this weight since I was 11, and even then I was half a foot shorter so I can hardly compare that. But the thought of NOT reaching this "goal" seems weird and uncomfortable for me. No idea if that makes sense.

Chances are I'll end up losing the stone anyway because I don't know where the fat is going to come off, but if I don't need to I think it will be a slight anti climax!

I know what you mean about the whole target thing. Its like you don't want to stop until you reach that number.

Whether or not you lose the weight is up to you but remember that once you lose and if you feel to slim you can always slowly go back to your current weight
Reply 3006
Original post by infairverona
:redface: you are a lifesaver! Tesco costs me sooo much, I don't even go out clubbing etc but I swear fresh fruit and veg drains my loan! Ridiculous how you can get 5 jam donuts for less than 70p in sainsburys but a tiny pot of strawbs is 3 pounds :frown:

I generally get frozen veg, the only stuff I get is salad veg and only the stuff on special offer. Frozen fruit(except berry mix....with frozen yoghurt :coma:) is generally crap in my experience :frown:
Today
1 banana, large salad with 1 tbsp low fat mayo and paprika breaded chicken, large bowl of homemade lamb and vegetable stew with 2 slices of crusty white bread mmmmm
About 100ml of belgian chocolate haagen dazs ice-cream (276 so treat but not binge)

Someones birthday being celebrated at work today - could have choc cake, wouldve but things happened, so count not having it as a victory.
(edited 11 years ago)
I am at McDonalds now. So I know this is bad for me but I don't think it will stop the cravings all together (first time eaten this week compared to every day) I think I can stick to once a week, then increase the time to 2 weeks and etc.
Original post by sauce
I generally get frozen veg, the only stuff I get is salad veg and only the stuff on special offer. Frozen fruit(except berry mix....with frozen yoghurt :coma:) is generally crap in my experience :frown:

I don't like mixed veg so I'm sort of limited in frozen :/ the thing is I eat the same things everyday as well, always a banana, apple, strawberries, carrots, red peppers and mushrooms. Never tried frozen fruit...

Week 5 Day 2 done :biggrin: didn't realise the days of week 5 were all different, I was wondering why the 6 minutes felt so long...I thought they were only 4! haha.
(edited 11 years ago)
Dinner = totally makes up for crappy lunch :biggrin:
This is why homemade food > takeaway/pre-packed stuff. I can make things exactly the way I like :biggrin:
Reply 3011
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37401089']Dinner = totally makes up for crappy lunch :biggrin:
This is why homemade food > takeaway/pre-packed stuff. I can make things exactly the way I like :biggrin:

Takes effort but worth it, definitely a labour or love! What did you make?
Original post by sauce
Takes effort but worth it, definitely a labour or love! What did you make?

Sausage bolognese (but with carrot/shallots instead of mushroom/fennel, and chopped toms rather than a jar of sauce), with a big mixed leaf and red onion salad :smile:

Planning on making this tomorrow, sounds really tasty.

Definitely one of the best habits I've picked up from my mum - she makes dinner from scratch pretty much every night, so I'm used to always having home cooked food.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3013
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37402454']Sausage bolognese (but with carrot/shallots instead of mushroom/fennel, and chopped toms rather than a jar of sauce), with a big mixed leaf and red onion salad :smile:

oooh yummy :smile: although the second link doesn't work :'(
Original post by sauce
oooh yummy :smile: although the second link doesn't work :'(

Oh, weird :s-smilie: It's grilled chicken with minted new potatoes, and creamy peas and lettuce
hello everyone ! I recently started using myfitnesspal after 2 failed attempts before, and its really helpful especially the app (btw add me for support :smile: im latina_30 ) and my question is:

ive been minding my calories more closely and im aiming for 1200 atm, so thats what Ive been eating but after I work out and add it to myfitnesspal it tells me that ive only eaten 700 calories.. because it discounts the calories I burn.

does that mean that I can eat more than 1200if I work out and burn 500 ?
it said that I could slow my metabolism and my body would go into starvation mode ! :O

if anyone could set it straight for me that would be great ! thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Lomo_gurl
hello everyone ! I recently started using myfitnesspal after 2 failed attempts before, and its really helpful especially the app (btw add me for support :smile: im latina_30 ) and my question is:

ive been minding my calories more closely and im aiming for 1200 atm, so thats what Ive been eating but after I work out and add it to myfitnesspal it tells me that ive only eaten 700 calories.. because it discounts the calories I burn.

does that mean that I can eat more than 1200if I work out and burn 500 ?
it said that I could slow my metabolism and my body would go into starvation mode ! :O

if anyone could set it straight for me that would be great ! thanks :biggrin:

Just added you on MFP. Some people choose to eat back their exercise calories, some don't, but if you're going as low as 1,200 then you could certainly afford to eat them back.

I tend to eat mine back now, and still lose a little bit each week.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Just added you on MFP. Some people choose to eat back their exercise calories, some don't, but if you're going as low as 1,200 then you could certainly afford to eat them back.

I tend to eat mine back now, and still lose a little bit each week.

just accepted you on myfitnesspal, thanks! :smile: so it's ok for me to eat abit more 1350 ? if I know I'll work out later in the day ? I tend to have bigger breakfast and smaller dinner..

I just don't want to slow down my metabolism or go into starvation mode as myfitnesspal said I would for being under my calorie intake.. it would be pointless, I'm trying to speed it up!
Original post by cpdavis
I am at McDonalds now. So I know this is bad for me but I don't think it will stop the cravings all together (first time eaten this week compared to every day) I think I can stick to once a week, then increase the time to 2 weeks and etc.

I think that's the best way to do it. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating McDonalds every other week or so as long as you view it as a treat! I found it really hard cutting out everything junky all at once so I just have them as treat foods if they fit into my cals and I make sure I don't do it too much :P
Reply 3019
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37402454']Sausage bolognese (but with carrot/shallots instead of mushroom/fennel, and chopped toms rather than a jar of sauce), with a big mixed leaf and red onion salad :smile:

Definitely one of the best habits I've picked up from my mum - she makes dinner from scratch pretty much every night, so I'm used to always having home cooked food.
I can't even begin to describe how much I love the sound of that sausage bolognese. :eating: