The Student Room Group

K

nm
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you see a mushroom cloud on the horizon, that for sure is an immediate threat to you, given that the mushroom cloud is a signature of a nuclear detonation.
Original post by marcusfox
If you see a mushroom cloud on the horizon, that for sure is an immediate threat to you, given that the mushroom cloud is a signature of a nuclear detonation.

this...

and to be fair the way things are going in the world atm, i'm almost expecting it in the next decade or two.
I can't envisage a scenario where I would ever see the Olympics being attacked, the TV signal cutting out and a mushroom cloud on the horizon as "not an immediate threat" to me... I'd be on the first ferry/train out of here. (Or more likely, crammed in the ferry terminal with thousands of panicking people as the UK borders are sealed off!).
Reply 4
If I wasn't instantly killed by nuclear destruction, I'd probably make my way to Denmark.
I'd swim to france.
Reply 6
Turn on the radio and TV, load up my crossbow, maybe take a quick trip to a couple of people's houses I know, especially the guy with the HAM Radio. Find out what is going on.

If it looks like societal breakdown is a possibility, intiate plan. Otherwise, 'Dang son' and sign up to whatever armed force is going to kick the ever loving ****e out of whoever perpetrated the attack.
I'd probably be dead since I'm planning to work at the olympics (if I get a job there), oh well at least I would go out with a bang. :erm:
I will attempt to get a gun from a gun store near my area. (never actually been in so idk what the hell they sell. Probably just airsoft or replicas)

and then with my massive arsenal of (potential airsoft guns) I will join the resistance.
Reply 9
I'd barricade myself in the house
Id just head up to the Scottish Highlands where I have relatives and come loaded with tents, sleeping bags, food and water, knives, matches, fill up as many containers with petrol as I could plus I would get as much cash as I could from the bank to bargain with.

I probably would join the army actually to take on the ***** who had done it that is a real war worth fighting
If the gunshots sound like they're getting closer I'd probably high-tail it out of there, I don't got no guns to shoot back with, what am I supposed to do?
Attempt to go home. Most people seem to think that anything north of Aberdeen is a myth and doesn't actually exist, so I should be safe all the way up there :wink:
Original post by The_Last_Melon
How will you react if the UK becomes target of regular and intense acts of terrorism?

My reaction:

Reply 14
I've already created an underground bunker and should the Earth face imminent destruction I have emergency spacecraft on standby to fly me to the nearest habitable galaxy so not to worry.
I love how the title is "How will you react if the UK becomes target of regular and intense acts of terror". I think OP should be taken in for questioning..
I would probably retreat to the bunker and not come out until Christmas.
Original post by RichyFrench
I love how the title is "How will you react if the UK becomes target of regular and intense acts of terror". I think OP should be taken in for questioning..

Er, not quite.

If the title had been 'how will you react when the UK becomes target of regular and intense acts of terror?' that would be more indicative of a presumption that the putative increase of terror would indeed transpire.
"Satan, you owe me!"

Erm, **** knows - probably drink myself through the end while listening to metal - let's go out doing something I love.
If this were to happen in London, apart from the horror of the death and massive injuries for the thousands involded, the consequences for daily life for all of us would be horrendous.
The seat of Government would be gone, along with most mps if the house was in session and the head of state if HMQ is at home. Food distribution would stop straight away (at least in the short term) as the head offices of all food and logistics companies are there. The shops would empty within a day and there would certainly be ugly scenes at Tescos. A good thing to do is bottle as much drinking water as you can get out of your tap in case pumping is effected due to the national grid being disrupted.
As we all know who would be most likely to have done this act I would have thought tensions near large Muslim communites would be running high and the understanding and patience of the non Muslims would be stretched to breaking point leading to large civil unrest.
Marshall law and curfew would be a real possibility. Anybody thinking of heading to the Outer Hebrides will be dissapointed unless they are within walking distance as flights, all public transport and major motorways could be closed.
For most people not living in London or down wind of London, the safest place would be in their own homes, surrounded by neighbours they know.
I would like to think we would all pull together but what happened last summer shows us what may well take place.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending