The Student Room Group

Controlled assessment/coursework moderation

Does anyone know, for AQA, how many pieces are included in the coursework sample?

Is it the top two/three, middle two/three and bottom two/three from each class, or the top two/three, middle two/three and bottom two/three from the whole year group?
It's completely random
Gosh I really hope that it isn't mine... I always get really paranoid and stuff, like what if I've plagiarised something, or the mark the teachers gave me is completely off... I'm gonna pray! x
Reply 3
Original post by ArtisticFlair
Gosh I really hope that it isn't mine... I always get really paranoid and stuff, like what if I've plagiarised something, or the mark the teachers gave me is completely off... I'm gonna pray! x

It doesn't matter which essays get sent off for moderation, they are looking at how the cohort has been marked. If they feel the essays they receive are three marks too high, the whole year will be marked down.

I wouldn't worry about it!
Reply 4
Original post by ArtisticFlair
Does anyone know, for AQA, how many pieces are included in the coursework sample?

Is it the top two/three, middle two/three and bottom two/three from each class, or the top two/three, middle two/three and bottom two/three from the whole year group?

It is usually completely random but they will probably take a sample of 5-10% of everyone who done the controlled assessment.

However, last year, my teacher said the exam board had specifically asked for one persons because they got a very high mark, something like 99-100%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending