The Student Room Group

If you hadn't kissed by a 3rd date....

would you start loosing interest?
Reply 1
No other wise you wouldn't be on the 3rd date
Reply 2
Original post by Soph(:
No other wise you wouldn't be on the 3rd date

So your point is that they wouldn't be on a 3rd date with you unless they were interested?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So your point is that they wouldn't be on a 3rd date with you unless they were interested?

Spot on
Reply 4
No
Reply 5
If I hadn't been kissed by the third date then I would probably kiss them
Reply 6
No but I'd start *losing interest. Would probably see it as a lost cause after being rejected on the previous dates.
Reply 7
I would probably assume it was just a friendship and I'd been wrong to think they were dates. If I thought the signals were there I'd kiss them, but my automatic reaction would probably be 'ah, he's not actually interested'. Doesn't mean I'd lose interest though.
Reply 8
I definately don't think what we have is a friendship, there just hasn't been the right 'moment'...
its nice to see some people actually taking their time over things instead of guys trying to launch themselves at the first opportunity.

The amount of dates ive been on where guys try and get in my pants the first time.... why cant people just take things slow and get to know each other first.

For me attraction builds off of personality and looks, so i dont really enjoy kissing someone if i dont know them that well, which makes it awkward when they try too soon!
If he hadn't tried to kiss me or make a move by the 3rd date, I'd question what's up.
Obviously he must be interested, as he's initiated meeting again. But I'd be slightly put off if a man expresses no physical interest. I'd feel it gives an indication of him not taking proper care of things in the bedroom.

Edit: this obviously requires that you both see these meetings as 'dates'. What I'm referring to when I say 'date' is a man calling me up or texting me, asking me to a restaurant or cafe, meeting him for a meal just the two of us etc. Not sending a message on fb coming over to 'join' something or hang out. Or texting "babes u goin out tonite??"
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Last night i Went for 3rd date and I didn't KISS her!!!! Justin holding hands and kissed her good night on her forehead.

Not everything about KISS, Just respect and show u like her.

PeaceMy
Reply 12
Original post by pinkangelgirl
its nice to see some people actually taking their time over things instead of guys trying to launch themselves at the first opportunity.

The amount of dates ive been on where guys try and get in my pants the first time.... why cant people just take things slow and get to know each other first.

For me attraction builds off of personality and looks, so i dont really enjoy kissing someone if i dont know them that well, which makes it awkward when they try too soon!

Excellent post

I like and agree on what you had said.
IM happy coz there is someone with genuine mind
Reply 13
He gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug when i left the last time i saw him, does this make any difference to the situation?
Reply 14
Original post by Aconcernedparent
If he hadn't tried to kiss me or make a move by the 3rd date, I'd question what's up.
Obviously he must be interested, as he's initiated meeting again. But I'd be slightly put off if a man expresses no physical interest. I'd feel it gives an indication of him not taking proper care of things in the bedroom.

Well if he doesn't know you that much ? And he wants to take it slow with you? Will you think he bad in bed??.

Well i Went for the third date and i didn't KISS the girl yet, Just holding hands.
Coz i WANT to take it slow..

To get to know eachother more..

Peace
The guy might be really nervous about it... how old are you? Have you given him signs that you like him?
Reply 16
Why don't you go in for the kiss? Chances are he'll be receptive. He's probably nervous so is going for the slow build-up.
Original post by hfreaks

Well if he doesn't know you that much ? And he wants to take it slow with you? Will you think he bad in bed??.

Well i Went for the third date and i didn't KISS the girl yet, Just holding hands.
Coz i WANT to take it slow..

To get to know eachother more..

Peace

He show know the girl by the 3rd date. Suffice they've been talking a lot and been getting to know each other - that's what dates are for. You know plenty about a person by 3 dates. Most people consider kissing no big deal, because it isn't.
This might be slightly individual but I like a guy who's touchy-feely and intimate. Most girls like a guy who's confident about his sexuality and shows his interest. I cannot speak for the grand total, but in my experience, most men try to at the very least cop a feel during the first dates. Those who are good with women always do - it's important to be able to be sensual without being sleazy.

Kissing a girl on first or second date does not interfere with 'taking it slow'. Having sex does.

OP: Do not go in for the kiss. I don't know what his reason for not kissing you yet is, but there is one. Women who take a sexual initiative before men do, can come across as easy and a tad desperate. That's just the way it is. I acknowledge that this is holding men and women to a different standard but in this case it is appropriate, because men and women ARE different in this regarding, regardless of what feminism will have you believe. Assuming he's just nervous and you 'do the job' for him, he'll never learn how to make a move in the long run.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Lucia.
Why don't you go in for the kiss? Chances are he'll be receptive. He's probably nervous so is going for the slow build-up.

This, basically.

If there are other positive signs there, then it would be reasonable to conclude that the reason why he has not kissed you is because he is nervous or does not want to rush things.

If he recoils in horror when you go in for a kiss, then you know roughly where you stand (i.e. he sees you as a friend or you are dealing with some kind of kiss phobic person). If he is receptive then it's happy days - you have got your kiss, confirmed that you are more than friends and shown him that you are happy to engage in that level of physical contact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending