The Student Room Group

Would you vote for my political party?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bohedie
Referendum on Europe. yes
Legalization of Cannabis. No
Referendum on the legalization of hard drugs - heroine cocaine etc. No
Reduce immigration from current levels of over 200000 to less than 50000 with immediate effect. Yes
Three strike law - three offences and immediately 20 years in prison. ...why?
Increase available prison space from a ridiculous 1000 to an extra 30000-40000. okay
Abandon European court of human rights. Sort of
Remove all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq. No more military intervention in Middle East. Yes
Cut all spending on foreign aid. kinda
Cut government spending from £500 billion to under £300 billion - a sustainable rate. during periods of growth a budget surplus must be maintained. Yes
huge reductions in welfare payments and White elephant projects such as HS2 and olympics (can't stop it now) and art and culture projects. --> if anything spend it wisely on Extremely fast broadband for the country. why can't the broadband companies fund that why is it the governments responsibility? why don't you do something useful like give tax breaks to start up firms?
Cut 150000 'labour non-jobs'.
Cuts in red tape across private sector to allow large amounts of growth in these areas. wouldn't do an awful lot...
introduce a law by which people may only serve as an MP for 5 terms. Why? My local MP has been in my whole life and everyone thinks he does a great job in representing us
referendum on the house of lords. why?
Tax cut for MPs from £60000 to £45000 and reduction in pay for the shadow cabinet from cabinet salary to MP salary. this will just increase the temptation to fiddle expenses again
Reduction in amount of MPs. how would this be done fairly so population size rather than land mass is still represented?
NO more health bills to change the NHS that cost billions of pounds. Leave it as it is and allow managers to identify areas in which spending can be cut down. This was the big society idea and it has failed us miserably
order investigation into David Cameron for allowing people to pay their way into dinner with him investigation into Tony Blair into tax avoidance - he earned £12 million last year but paid less than £1 million. me and most the country would rather you spent money insuring all MPs were paying their tax rather than worrying about who Cameron ate with. so long as there's a list of who attends
Put back in place 50p tax. ...no.
On e-petitions website, 50000 signatures will GUARANTEE it be discussed in the house of commons. ha.
Tuition fees will be capped at £3000 per year. where will the money come from for this?
Maintain the law that gives tax breaks to people who donate to charity/universities.sure

a lot of things you have suggested are pointless and expensive, unpopular or unrealistic. You need to choose what cause you really want to follow through and build everything else around it. Where will the money come from for £3000 a year uni fee caps if you're reducing the yearly budget to £300 billion? You acknowledge we have no prison space but want to put people inside for 20 years at a time? You want to waste money on putting in fibre optic broadband across the country which will seem as big a waste of money to a lot of people (mainly the ones of voting age) think is a similar waste of money as that of HS2. Virgin put down their own high speed broadband why can't the others do the same? Also how can you hold a referendum on the legalization of heroine and cocaine? are you mentally stable?

You make some good point on immigration and reducing the budget but the rest is naive and in a lot of cases counter productive and hypercritical of your own policies.

Congradulations, you have become head of the Centre Party. I will become deputy head of the Centre Party. May Bohedie become the most successful prime-minister britain has ever seen. We shall work together to defeat the sleazy tories, unstrustworthy labourites, and those bastard libdems.
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Change your party's name to The Patrickinator Party and ... well... no I wouldn't vote but I'd like the name :biggrin:

that's brilliant actually, I'm very flattered :colondollar:. can you think of a catchy slogan since you are so good with names :wink:
Reply 22
To counter each point one by one:

Referendum on Europe.
DO you have any idea how much this would cost? In addition, do you really think the general public know anything about the complicated relationship between the EU and the UK? Maybe in an idealistic world where the general public weren't so easily swayed by the media, but realistically, this would be a joke. For example, people would no longer be able to travel anywhere without a visa.

Legalization of Cannabis.
Yes, because adding drugs to society makes everything better. Do you have any idea how much destruction this would cause in other countries?

Referendum on the legalization of hard drugs - heroine cocaine etc.
Do you even need a referendum to see this is beyond moronic?

Reduce immigration from current levels of over 200000 to less than 50000 with immediate effect.
Most immigrants are from the EU, and therefore have a legal right to work and live in any country they choose. This would never happen.

Three strike law - three offences and immediately 20 years in prison.
See above, for a brilliant reply.

Increase available prison space from a ridiculous 1000 to an extra 30000-40000.
I see, and this is going to be funded by the unicorn from Tinseltown is it? Have you even considered how much this would cost the taxpayer?!

Abandon European court of human rights.
Yay! Bloody Anarchy...

Remove all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq. No more military intervention in Middle East.
This, I agree with.

Cut all spending on foreign aid.
All spending? What, even though foreign aid actually brings in a large amount of diplomatic relations, and further funding to the UK? Britain exerts most of it's political control throughout the world through charity, you'd be a fool to stop now.

Cut government spending from £500 billion to under £300 billion - a sustainable rate. during periods of growth a budget surplus must be maintained.
And you'll achieve this how?

huge reductions in welfare payments and White elephant projects such as HS2 and olympics (can't stop it now) and art and culture projects. --> if anything spend it wisely on Extremely fast broadband for the country.
The Olympics? Do you have any idea how much income the Olympics will bring to the country? Investment is never bad.

It's been said before, what the hell is a "labour non-job", and what will you do with a staggering rate of unemployment?

Cuts in red tape across private sector to allow large amounts of growth in these areas.
Idealistic, and not pragmatic.

introduce a law by which people may only serve as an MP for 5 terms.
WHY? You'll only be getting rid of the best, most experienced politicians.

referendum on the house of lords.
For what purpose?

Tax cut for MPs from £60000 to £45000 and reduction in pay for the shadow cabinet from cabinet salary to MP salary.
Have you any idea how much work it actually takes to be an MP? This will only encourage low, unqualified individuals to contest. High salaries is what drives well qualified people to apply to run for election.

Reduction in amount of MPs.
It's been said before, they already have an immense amount of work, and it will only cause problems at a local level.

NO more health bills to change the NHS that cost billions of pounds. Leave it as it is and allow managers to identify areas in which spending can be cut down.
Agreed.

order investigation into David Cameron for allowing people to pay their way into dinner with him investigation into Tony Blair into tax avoidance - he earned £12 million last year but paid less than £1 million.
And this investigation will cost how much?

Put back in place 50p tax.
So, basically, make a large number of people unemployed, and tax businesses to death as well. Clever...

On e-petitions website, 50000 signatures will GUARANTEE it be discussed in the house of commons.
And once again, THIS WILL COST HOW MUCH?!

Tuition fees will be capped at £3000 per year.
As a student, I've got to agree with this once, but I would just abolish a large number of University places to allow for this change.

Maintain the law that gives tax breaks to people who donate to charity/universities.
Oh please, this was just a way so that rich morons could pretend to support those in need, whilst secretly earning massive tax breaks. I'm genuinely glad the tories got rid of this.

SO in conclusion, You really need to rethink your entire Manifesto.... :smile:
Reply 23
No, and even if I did, I can't see any long-term stability in it.

Legalizing Cannabis may be a good idea, yes. But heroin? Are you insane?
Another idiotic thing is to say three offences should lead to 20 years imprisonment... that is completely totalitarian and wrong.

You views swing between Nazism and Communism.
Reply 24
Original post by patrickinator
Congradulations, you have become head of the Centre Party. I will become deputy head of the Centre Party. May Bohedie become the most successful prime-minister britain has ever seen. We shall work together to defeat the sleazy tories, unstrustworthy labourites, and those bastard libdems.

erm sure... what's the pay like? I'm a little stretched for cash right now so I can't pay my 5k or whatever to become a candidate.
Original post by Swaraj
Restore the hereditary peerage.

I believe I have a better idea, I call it deathmatch-selected peers:

Whenever there is a vacant position, a region-wide Russian Roulette tournament would be held. The soul surviving candidates would become peer for life in their respective constituencies.

It's obvious - this way, God will select those who are best suited for the job by intervening in which chamber the barrel will stop spinning on. What better way to select our leaders?
Reply 26
Cut government spending from £500 billion to under £300 billion - a sustainable rate. during periods of growth a budget surplus must be maintained. - This will crucify tax revenue. As the government stops spending the economy seizes to a halt due the the money multiplier effect. You also end up with increased spending with more people unemployed.

If you want to get people off unemployment then get the country out of free trade agreements.
Reply 27
Original post by The Socktor
I believe I have a better idea, I call it deathmatch-selected peers:

Whenever there is a vacant position, a region-wide Russian Roulette tournament would be held. The soul surviving candidates would become peer for life in their respective constituencies.

It's obvious - this way, God will select those who are best suited for the job by intervening in which chamber the barrel will stop spinning on. What better way to select our leaders?

Brilliant XD
Reply 28
Original post by patrickinator
The Central Party's Manifesto:

Referendum on Europe. Yes
Legalization of Cannabis.Yes
Referendum on the legalization of hard drugs - heroine cocaine etc. not sure
Reduce immigration from current levels of over 200000 to less than 50000 with immediate effect. no
Three strike law - three offences and immediately 20 years in prison. god no
Increase available prison space from a ridiculous 1000 to an extra 30000-40000. no
Abandon European court of human rights. no, because in its place would be a bill of rights which would do less for you. Human Rights protect you from 'the man' no matter what the right wing papers say.
Remove all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq. No more military intervention in Middle East. Yes
Cut all spending on foreign aid. No
Cut government spending from £500 billion to under £300 billion - a sustainable rate. during periods of growth a budget surplus must be maintained. not sure
huge reductions in welfare payments and White elephant projects such as HS2 and olympics (can't stop it now) and art and culture projects. --> if anything spend it wisely on Extremely fast broadband for the country. no and yes
Cut 150000 'labour non-jobs'. que?
Cuts in red tape across private sector to allow large amounts of growth in these areas. no, this is the 4th best country in the world for ease of business. That'll do.
referendum on the house of lords. no, just bring in proportional representation
Tax cut for MPs from £60000 to £45000 and reduction in pay for the shadow cabinet from cabinet salary to MP salary. no, it's a mega important job and the salary and benefits need to reflect that.
Reduction in amount of MPs. no, but yes if AV
NO more health bills to change the NHS that cost billions of pounds. Leave it as it is and allow managers to identify areas in which spending can be cut down. yes
order investigation into David Cameron for allowing people to pay their way into dinner with him investigation into Tony Blair into tax avoidance - he earned £12 million last year but paid less than £1 million. yes, but all parties too
Put back in place 50p tax. hell yeah
On e-petitions website, 50000 signatures will GUARANTEE it be discussed in the house of commons. hell yeah
Tuition fees will be capped at £3000 per year. scrap them entirely, bring in grad tax
Maintain the law that gives tax breaks to people who donate to charity/universities. no, i dont like people evading tax through charitable giving, just to save themselves a bob or two, if they genuinely want to give, they can do it post-tax

What do you think - please come up with your own suggestions for the centre party. We shall put the trust back into politicians by beating the Sleazy Tories, untrustworthy labourites and those idiot libdems. Please do not negg because you don't agree with one of my policies!

Please come up for your own manifesto ideas. Our slogan is - 'prosperity through rationale'.
This thread has been made so that the TSR can put together ideas about an IDEAL political party that is intouch with people's problems. Please influence the centre party by posting on this thread!

It's quite good. Not sure if i'd vote for it though.
Wouldn't make huge cuts on the culture side of things, in fact if your pulling troops out of the middle east you should really be steadily adding money into projects which were hit by cuts to pay for wars
Original post by ThisaraD

Referendum on Europe.
DO you have any idea how much this would cost?

We were able to find enough money to pay for the AV referendum - and nobody (not even the Lib Dems) really wanted AV. By contrast, the vast majority of British people want a referendum on our membership of the EU. How can you justify spending money on the AV referendum but not on an EU referendum, especially when the cost of an EU referendum would be miniscule compared to our annual contributions to the EU?

In addition, do you really think the general public know anything about the complicated relationship between the EU and the UK? Maybe in an idealistic world where the general public weren't so easily swayed by the media, but realistically, this would be a joke.

I see that, like Ken Livingstone, you believe that if the public don't agree with you, then they must have been brainwashed by the media. :rolleyes: How can you say that the media is brainwashing people into wanting to leave the EU, when the only newspaper that supports leaving the EU is the Daily Express? Every other newspaper supports the UK staying part of the EU, and yet despite this, there is huge public support for withdrawal. Seems like the complete opposite of being brainwashed by the media to me.

For example, people would no longer be able to travel anywhere without a visa.

Erm no. Switzerland and Norway are not part of the EU, and yet they have open borders with the rest of the continent, and Swiss/Norwegian people do not need a visa to travel anywhere.
(edited 11 years ago)

Referendum on Europe.
DO you have any idea how much this would cost? In addition, do you really think the general public know anything about the complicated relationship between the EU and the UK? Maybe in an idealistic world where the general public weren't so easily swayed by the media, but realistically, this would be a joke. For example, people would no longer be able to travel anywhere without a visa.

Legalization of Cannabis.
Yes, because adding drugs to society makes everything better. Do you have any idea how much destruction this would cause in other countries?

Reduce immigration from current levels of over 200000 to less than 50000 with immediate effect.
Most immigrants are from the EU, and therefore have a legal right to work and live in any country they choose. This would never happen.

Three strike law - three offences and immediately 20 years in prison.
See above, for a brilliant reply.

Increase available prison space from a ridiculous 1000 to an extra 30000-40000.
I see, and this is going to be funded by the unicorn from Tinseltown is it? Have you even considered how much this would cost the taxpayer?!

Abandon European court of human rights.
Yay! Bloody Anarchy...

Remove all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq. No more military intervention in Middle East.
This, I agree with.

Cut all spending on foreign aid.
All spending? What, even though foreign aid actually brings in a large amount of diplomatic relations, and further funding to the UK? Britain exerts most of it's political control throughout the world through charity, you'd be a fool to stop now.

Cut government spending from £500 billion to under £300 billion - a sustainable rate. during periods of growth a budget surplus must be maintained.
And you'll achieve this how?

huge reductions in welfare payments and White elephant projects such as HS2 and olympics (can't stop it now) and art and culture projects. --> if anything spend it wisely on Extremely fast broadband for the country.
The Olympics? Do you have any idea how much income the Olympics will bring to the country? Investment is never bad.

It's been said before, what the hell is a "labour non-job", and what will you do with a staggering rate of unemployment?

Cuts in red tape across private sector to allow large amounts of growth in these areas.
Idealistic, and not pragmatic.

WHY? You'll only be getting rid of the best, most experienced politicians.

referendum on the house of lords.
For what purpose?

Tax cut for MPs from £60000 to £45000 and reduction in pay for the shadow cabinet from cabinet salary to MP salary.
Have you any idea how much work it actually takes to be an MP? This will only encourage low, unqualified individuals to contest. High salaries is what drives well qualified people to apply to run for election.

Reduction in amount of MPs.
It's been said before, they already have an immense amount of work, and it will only cause problems at a local level.

NO more health bills to change the NHS that cost billions of pounds. Leave it as it is and allow managers to identify areas in which spending can be cut down.
Agreed.

order investigation into David Cameron for allowing people to pay their way into dinner with him investigation into Tony Blair into tax avoidance - he earned £12 million last year but paid less than £1 million.
And this investigation will cost how much?

Put back in place 50p tax.
So, basically, make a large number of people unemployed, and tax businesses to death as well. Clever...

On e-petitions website, 50000 signatures will GUARANTEE it be discussed in the house of commons.
And once again, THIS WILL COST HOW MUCH?!

Tuition fees will be capped at £3000 per year.
As a student, I've got to agree with this once, but I would just abolish a large number of University places to allow for this change.

Maintain the law that gives tax breaks to people who donate to charity/universities.
Oh please, this was just a way so that rich morons could pretend to support those in need, whilst secretly earning massive tax breaks. I'm genuinely glad the tories got rid of this.

SO in conclusion, You really need to rethink your entire Manifesto.... :smile:

mate, I wouldn't have minded ifyou had just ruled out a few of the Centre Party's policies however you are a massive idiot bellend.

Why is it "beyond moronic"? What purpose does the ban on heroine serve?

Quick Reply

Latest