The Student Room Group

Thanking a special teacher

Hi :smile:
I'm leaving school to go to uni and have had my last ever class with a very special teacher who I think is amazing and I will really miss her!
I obviously need to thank her because she has done sooooo much for me! But I don't know how....I have thought of what I would write in a card for her but it's really, really long and possibly excessive and so I don't know if I will give it to her because it might be too long-winded and she might find it a bit strange. I want to tell her all the things I would put in the card but am too shy to say it to her face--I just have so much to thank her for but am a bit too embarrassed because it's emotional and I am really bad at expressing myself! :s-smilie: Should I just give her the really long card full of all the things I want to say?? Or would she just find it really weird and be freaked out?! :O
Or is there something else I could do? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Just leave a little card for her. She won't be freaked out, in fact I bet she'll be over the moon! It's her job to teach, so, if she's really just made the difference for someone i.e you, and she knows she's done it, it'll make her so happy!

You'll regret it if you don't! :h:
Reply 2
I wrote some for the three teachers that really made an impact while I was at school, but I wimped out and never gave them their cards. Really regret that.

Also as a teacher myself now I've got to say that I would love to know that I'd truly made a difference to someone's life.
She'll be happy to have been such a help and so feel so appreciated!
If I had a lovely student, I'd be really pleased with a card from them - it is one of those little things that would make her job (and all the late night marking) worthwhile :tongue:
Reply 4
Give her a small plant, like a bonsai, ficus or cactus, or even a tomato or strawberry plant (the gift that keeps on giving...). Not too sentimental, but a good gift nonetheless (unless she has a phobia of plants).
Reply 5
:sexface:
Reply 6
Card with "thanks for all your help"

Flowers or Wine

Job done

I always appreciate a card from a student :smile:
In my last ever Chemistry lesson, someone brought in cupcakes for my teacher, and he was literally :cry2:

true story
If you don't let them know, you will regret it!

When I was in Year 10, I had a really bad year and my Psychology teacher was there for me the whole time. She left at the end of the year, and I wrote her a card and gave her a present, and we are still in contact now via Facebook. Turns out she still misses me and my class!

Trust me, if somebody has made such a change, let them know. They might be having a bad time, and to hear that they have made a difference might just be a pick-me-up!
buy the a box of chocolates. I already know which teachers im gonna buy things for.
Reply 10
thanks, everyone :smile:
this makes me feel like less of a freak and now I will think I will defo write her a card. But i wonder if I should give it to her in person or do you think maybe I could just leave it for her on her desk when she isn't in her room?? I'm shy of her reading it in front of me... :/ what if I cried??!! or if she did?! Cos my class gave her a card once before and she cried! Was traumatic...!
Reply 11
As somebody who works with the public on a day to day basis, it really makes my day when someone appreciates the effort I put into my job. Do it. Give that person the same feeling as I get when someone appreciates my efforts!
Original post by flutegirl
thanks, everyone :smile:
this makes me feel like less of a freak and now I will think I will defo write her a card. But i wonder if I should give it to her in person or do you think maybe I could just leave it for her on her desk when she isn't in her room?? I'm shy of her reading it in front of me... :/ what if I cried??!! or if she did?! Cos my class gave her a card once before and she cried! Was traumatic...!

In person

Crying in normal behaviour

It is nice to be able to say thanks to the student when they say thanks

Quick Reply

Latest