The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8180
Original post by Deshi
I can't believe that some of the fans are proud of the team. I'm proud that Andy Carroll managed to give us something to cheer in the final because none of the other players could but apart from that there was absolutely nothing to be proud of in that performance. I'm so disappointed.

I agree. Some of them don't deserve to wear the shirt at all ever again. Our first half was garbage. They played like they were playing a pre season friendly and not a bloody final! 30 minutes to go and they realise that they should start playing football....we wouldn't have scored if Carroll hadn't played the way he did.

Enrique has no brain, Spearing is absolutely piss, Downing had no balls until the 50th minute, Hendo wasn't at his best, Suarez isolated and Gerrard not able to do anything.

So disappointed with the players today.
Reply 8181
Original post by Xotol
Take off your rose tinted glasses, and you'll see that he's absolutely right.

Chelsea did deserve it because you only turned up for 20 minutes. The rest of the team (besides Carroll) was absolutely shocking.

:yep: 1st half was terrible, we kept on losing the ball, we seem to have passed it halfway through Chelsea's half, then pass it back to our own half, we hardly ever created any chances. Chelsea managed to press forward, and got their goal. We seem not to have turned up until the 2nd half after Carroll came on, even then we didn't take our chances properly. I think we had a few brilliant chances to score, but nobody was there.
Did anyone just watch the replay a few seconds ago?
There is a split second it looks like it may have gone over. But benefit of the doubt I'd still say no goal, but no worries hope for better next year.
Reply 8183
Original post by Xotol
Take off your rose tinted glasses, and you'll see that he's absolutely right.

Chelsea did deserve it because you only turned up for 20 minutes. The rest of the team (besides Carroll) was absolutely shocking. Apart from Carroll, there is nothing to be optimistic about from that performance.

I'm not saying we should be optimistic or anything like that. I just don't know how you can talk about FA cup being not important etc just 5 mins after losing a final
Reply 8184
Original post by Pn94
I'm not saying we should be optimistic or anything like that. I just don't know how you can talk about FA cup being not important etc just 5 mins after losing a final

I agree and I was about to quote him as well when I saw it but couldn't be arsed.
Reply 8185
Just been watching the replays, and I have to say the disallowed Carroll header looked like a goal to me. :erm: Harsh one there.

But Liverpool fans must have been encouraged by Carroll's performance? At one point in this season, many people were saying that the one thing Liverpool really lack is a goalscoring focal point; after these last couple of performances, perhaps Carroll can yet grow into that?
Also good game for Carrol, nearly made himself a hero. Keep him another year, it looks like he might pick up.
Can't say the same for Downing better towards the end but seriously why is he so unwilling to make himself available and take men on until it's forced or desperate.
I'm a goalkeeper and I did the same when I was played in midfield because I knew I had no skill there. He knows he can do it I mean seriously, Kenny needs to tell him to take it on with Enrique covering incase he doesn't manage to beat the man.

Pretty even having an opinion on this site is neg worthy..
(edited 11 years ago)
Hate to say i told you so, but Carroll should have started.

Spearing was a liability ( I don't like to slate him, he gives it his all, just isn't good enough). Carroll was a menace as soon as he came on.

No one performed bar Carroll for me, season over, need some exciting signings to get me up for next season.
Original post by Abiraleft
Just been watching the replays, and I have to say the disallowed Carroll header looked like a goal to me. :erm: Harsh one there.

But Liverpool fans must have been encouraged by Carroll's performance? At one point in this season, many people were saying that the one thing Liverpool really lack is a goalscoring focal point; after these last couple of performances, perhaps Carroll can yet grow into that?

Yes to pretty much all of what you said, I said it too a few seconds later. Lol.
Original post by Torrresss
Hate to say i told you so, but Carroll should have started.

Spearing was a liability ( I don't like to slate him, he gives it his all, just isn't good enough). Carroll was a menace as soon as he came on.

No one performed bar Carroll for me, season over, need some exciting signings to get me up for next season.

Did you tell us so?
Reply 8190
Especially after there fans booing during the Hillsborough and Morisini minute silence I was really hoping we'd stuff them, couldn't have lost to a more classless team.

Hopefully the players give the fans a win to cheer about on Tuesday, thought our fans were great.
Reply 8191
Original post by Deshi
I agree and I was about to quote him as well when I saw it but couldn't be arsed.

All I can feel atm is complete disappointment tbh
If we'd have started Carroll we'd have won that.

#StatingTheObvious
Reply 8193
Original post by Deshi
Especially after there fans booing during the Hillsborough and Morisini minute silence I was really hoping we'd stuff them, couldn't have lost to a more classless team.

Hopefully the players give the fans a win to cheer about on Tuesday, thought our fans were great.

and your fans booed the national anthem.
Original post by lol_this

Get a life and stop trolling...
Original post by lol_this

#ScouseNotEnglish

Booing during a minutes silence for 96 fans and 1 footballer is definitely 1 million times worse though.

disrespectful bastards.

Edit: hahaha neg all you like I couldn't care less. I dare you to reply to it though, have a debate...
(edited 11 years ago)
*sigh* tactics were wrong. On paper they looked right but we set up with either a 4-3-3 or it was Gerrard deep and Henderson attacking.

Didn't work, Henderson hasn't learnt or can't play with his back to goal. No movement offered up front, Chelsea just dominated us. All we had were lumped balls to Suarez who was in no shape fit for that role.

So many loose balls from every play. Can't believe how many mistakes there were for Chelsea's goal (credit to them for scoring a great goal). Whoever lost the ball in the first place, Enrique's positioning, Enrique's poor tackle (he should've fouled him or kept up and tried to force him wider), and then Reina getting beat at the near post.

Once Carroll came on, the tactics suited him and he won most of the balls in the air and was able to bring in other players. Great goal from him though, shows how much more confidence he now has and he put England's best CB (allegedly) onto his backside to score. Massive shame he didn't score another.

Tbfh, everyone bar Carroll was poor imo. Chelsea got the tactics right and were more ruthless in attack. Disappointed with Skrtel with the Drogba goal.
Swap 1 cup for 4th?

Who would have ever though Andy Carroll would be Liverpool's best player?
Reply 8198
Original post by lazy smurf
#ScouseNotEnglish

This isn't twitter :colonhash:
Original post by mhsc
This isn't twitter :colonhash:

#NotBothered

Latest