The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jeh_jeh

We spent so much time on MSN from when we met in the May to getting together in the July. And his parents guessed he had a girlfriend because he was on PAYG and getting through £10 credit every two days. Yeah, he switched to contract after that. :p:

Bless :lol: What's he like as a person? Must be strange going out with a medic :eek:
Reply 7341
Original post by such_a_lady
Bless :lol: What's he like as a person? Must be strange going out with a medic :eek:

Erm, well, like I said, I met him in the May and we started going out in the July, and he's a year younger than me, so while I was already at the end of my first year of uni, he didn't know whether he was going to be a medic yet, or not. But I wouldn't really say he's your "typical" medic. Yeah, he works hard, but he's pretty chilled out and down to earth (I've come across a few wannabe consultant types who can be a bit arrogant). I wouldn't really recommend dating one, though, because it's so much more than a career - it really is a lifestyle choice - but I love him so I know we'll make it work.

My sister's a medic, too, though, so the whole concept isn't that strange... although our situations are eerily mirror. I'm a finalist, her boyfriend's a finalist. I'm a non-medic, her boyfriend's a non-medic. My boyfriend's always complaining about how much work he has to do, she's always complaining about how much work she has to do. I'm always sad that exams and studying get in the way of us seeing each other, and I know that her boyfriend would like to see her more, too. So it's weird in that respect when we're having a bitch about how I haven't seen boy for days, and she's in almost his exact position (she's a first year and he's a second year at the same place).

To illustrate my point perfectly, sister's just spent ten minutes anxiously pacing the room because her boyfriend has asked her to go over for dinner tonight and she doesn't really want to because she has exams next week. They saw each other all evening Friday (bearing in mind that he's a finalist, so should have lots of work to do), and will have an unlimited amount of time to spend with each other after next Friday... and she's panicking that she hasn't seen him enough, or something. In my sixteen day separation, they will have seen each other four times. It's easier for them, though, because he lives significantly closer and they both drive so they see each other in the evenings. Whereas for me, when the boy's at uni it's half an hour (plus connection time and a mini journey) on the train; and at home it's an hour on the motorway, and I have to do all the travelling because he doesn't drive, and obviously trains aren't always good late at night.
(edited 11 years ago)
Is someone still here? :smile:
How are you?
Original post by warriorheart
Is someone still here? :smile:
How are you?

Eine Deutsche?!

A German?!
Eine Deutsche?!

A German?!

Yep :tongue:
Are you from germany, too? :smile:
Yep :tongue:
Are you from germany, too? :smile:

No :frown: My boyfriend's German. Which Bundesland are you from? Are you at uni? :smile:
No :frown: My boyfriend's German. Which Bundesland are you from? Are you at uni? :smile:

I'd rather be english. Maybe we should change. :biggrin:
But isn't it hard, if your boyfriend is in germany, and you're in another country? :frown:
Where are you from? (:
I'm from 'saarland'. It's one of smallest ones. Nope, I'm still going to school, and what about you? :smile:
I'd rather be english. Maybe we should change. :biggrin:
But isn't it hard, if your boyfriend is in germany, and you're in another country? :frown:
Where are you from? (:
I'm from 'saarland'. It's one of smallest ones. Nope, I'm still going to school, and what about you? :smile:

Weak link here but my boyfriend's mother is from the Saarland :wink: I'm from Surrey. Near London. Are you in an LDR then? :smile:

Yes, it is quite hard. But mainly I'm so used to the distance that I don't even notice it- we've always been long-distance. But I'd rather have my German boyfriend miles away than an English boyfriend in my own town :h:

I'm nearly done with school. I'm going to university this autumn to study German and Spanish :wink:

I'm Chiara btw :smile:
Weak link here but my boyfriend's mother is from the Saarland :wink: I'm from Surrey. Near London. Are you in an LDR then? :smile:

Yes, it is quite hard. But mainly I'm so used to the distance that I don't even notice it- we've always been long-distance. But I'd rather have my German boyfriend miles away than an English boyfriend in my own town :h:

I'm nearly done with school. I'm going to university this autumn to study German and Spanish :wink:

Really? Kind of cool! :smile:
I'm sorry, but what does LDR mean? :colondollar:

Seems like you love him a lot. :3

You're going to study german? I wanted to say, if you've got some questions then, you can ask me, but then I thought of your german boyfriend. :tongue:

Nice to meet you, Chiara. :smile: My name is Alina.

You're going to study german? I wanted to say, if you've got some questions then, you can ask me, but then I thought of your german boyfriend. :tongue:

Well, you are in the LDR Thread so I assumed you were in a Long Distance Relationship/Fernbeziehung :wink:

Have you done your Abi yet? And nice to meet you too :biggrin:
Reply 7350

Are you in any way Italian? Or did your parents just like the name?
Original post by jeh_jeh
Are you in any way Italian? Or did your parents just like the name?

My dad's Italian but my command of the language far outstrips his, but only covers a few words :wink:
Reply 7352
My dad's Italian but my command of the language far outstrips his, but only covers a few words :wink:

I always think German compound nouns ("Fernbeziehung") are so cool, but sadly I don't think that's a good enough reason to learn the language. :p:

Ah, ciao! Hallo! Hello, etc.

Übrigens...http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=719291

Original post by jeh_jeh
I always think German compound nouns ("Fernbeziehung") are so cool, but sadly I don't think that's a good enough reason to learn the language. :p:

Grazie, prego, sale, pepe, gelato, gabinetti, various words for greetings which I deleted because I can't spell them and didn't want to offend your eyes :frown: also how are you, what's your name, my name is, etc.
Well, you are in the LDR Thread so I assumed you were in a Long Distance Relationship/Fernbeziehung :wink:

Have you done your Abi yet? And nice to meet you too :biggrin:

I'm kind of stupid, please tell me. :redface:
Oh god, this is really embarassing. :ahhhhh: I should have been more attentive. Oh god. Let's ignore this fact, please? :biggrin:

Actually, I'm not. But that's a very long story.

No, I haven't. There are still 4 years.

What are you doing? (:
I'm kind of stupid, please tell me. :redface:
Oh god, this is really embarassing. :ahhhhh: I should have been more attentive. Oh god. Let's ignore this fact, please? :biggrin:

Actually, I'm not. But that's a very long story.

No, I haven't. There are still 4 years.

What are you doing? (:

What do you mean? :tongue:
Original post by jeh_jeh

Hey (:
how are you?
I also think that this isn't a good enough reason to learn it. d: But I could teach you something, if you want. :cool::biggrin:
What do you mean? :tongue:

I don't know :tongue:

How long have you been in love with your boyfriend? (:
If I'm allowed to ask. :biggrin:
And thanks for your link, seems like I'm not the only german here.
:woo:

College are doing a trip to Edinburg post-exams, for £12 :biggrin: So just signed up with 4 of my friends, hopefully we should get on cause I got the form in just after it opened.

Only thing is, I was supposed to go the the boy's on the Friday (the trip is on the Saturday). Hoping he won't mind though - we'll have seen each other the weekend before, and I'll head up to his on Sunday and we'll have a full week together, so it's not too bad. Just really want to make the most of my final term.

Mmmm, dinner time methinks. Also, wine :biggrin:
Reply 7359
Hey (:
how are you?
I also think that this isn't a good enough reason to learn it. d: But I could teach you something, if you want. :cool::biggrin:

I'm good! For a bit of background, I've been with my boyfriend for three years in July - the first year of that I was in Italy and he was in England, and now we go to universities that are half an hour from each other on the train... but I've graduated, so we don't really any more. I'm going to his university to do my Masters in September, only he won't be there because he's a medic and will have started his hospital-based training by then.

Haha, I'd love to, but my brain is full of Italian (I study it).

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37425832']:woo:

College are doing a trip to Edinburg post-exams, for £12 :biggrin: So just signed up with 4 of my friends, hopefully we should get on cause I got the form in just after it opened.

Only thing is, I was supposed to go the the boy's on the Friday (the trip is on the Saturday). Hoping he won't mind though - we'll have seen each other the weekend before, and I'll head up to his on Sunday and we'll have a full week together, so it's not too bad. Just really want to make the most of my final term.

Mmmm, dinner time methinks. Also, wine :biggrin:

£12? Is that a day trip? That sounds so cool!

---

YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS, I think *it's* fiiinished!

Latest