Spoiler

Original post by Frey
it's only sexual perversion if you say it is... Medbh will agree :sexface:

Well, what if I do say that it is? :colonhash: :tongue:

Original post by Frey
I do so try, kind sir. :pierre:
I live for innuendo :sexface:

Troiades.................noooooo. :frown:

P.S If anyone sees me back here in the next 4 hours, kick my bum and tell me to go study :ashamed:

You're here. Go and study! :whip: Otherwise you'll not meet your offer and we'll never find Chaucer's critique on Indian medicine! :erm:
Original post by Frey
Inspiration has come to me!

BEHOLD!

Messi is a bum!
he knows nothing about art
oh, what a bum head!

Spoiler

You seem to like using the word 'bum' too much. Semantic satiation is symptomatic of a limited imagination. :tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 1523
Original post by KingMessi
Well, what if I do say that it is? :colonhash: :tongue:

You're here. Go and study! :whip: Otherwise you'll not meet your offer and we'll never find Chaucer's critique on Indian medicine! :erm:

But that's the thing... it's an unconditional :frown: I love Greek but I don't want to read Trojan Women again for like the fourth time (mostly in Greek) this morning :sad:
Reply 1524
You seem to like using the word 'bum' too much. Semantic satiation is symptomatic of a limited imagination. :tongue:

Spoiler

No no no, you see you're my subject. Say if I were to write a poem about Medbh, oh such wonderful visions come to mind! :colondollar: I'm afraid when I behold you and your soul...'bum' perhaps 'bumhead', come to mind. I'm sorry.

Spoiler

Original post by Frey
No no no, you see you're my subject. Say if I were to write a poem about Medbh, oh such wonderful visions come to mind! :colondollar: I'm afraid when I behold you and your soul...'bum' perhaps 'bumhead', come to mind. I'm sorry.

Spoiler

:eek: Now, that was uncalled for. Well, given that you're now my subject, here's my little haiku about you...

I behold a black hole.
Freya's black hole of a soul.
No talent in art.

BAZINGA? :tongue:

Original post by Frey
But that's the thing... it's an unconditional :frown: I love Greek but I don't want to read Trojan Women again for like the fourth time (mostly in Greek) this morning :sad:

Oh, yes, I forgot that it's an unconditional. It is hard to get yourself to study, isn't it? Have you done much since you got your offer? Okay, well, we'll let you off. I'm not doing anything this morning, either...:colondollar:

'Trojan Woman'? :confused:
Reply 1526
:eek: Now, that was uncalled for. Well, given that you're now my subject, here's my little haiku about you...

I behold a black hole.
Freya's black hole of a soul.
No talent in art.

BAZINGA? :tongue:

two can play at this game...:pierre:

Messi is a bum,
a bum bum bum bum bum bum
bum bum bum bum bum

just wait till I get my Nobel Literature prize.... :unimpressed:

Oh, yes, I forgot that it's an unconditional. It is hard to get yourself to study, isn't it? Have you done much since you got your offer? Okay, well, we'll let you off. I'm not doing anything this morning, either...:colondollar:

'Trojan Woman'? :confused:

Well sort of, I've actually been quite well behaved till recently :colondollar: We had to do a dissertation (that's done and sent off and i think it was good.. so :s-smilie:), we have two translations (one Homer, one Thucydides) and three set texts we get asked questions on (either partly or all in Greek). I've revised everything out of my set texts apart from Trojan Women.

It's a play by Euripides, basically showing the aftermath of the Trojan war, and pretty much how all the women get seriously ****ed over. A bebe is also thrown from the walls...it's all very sad. :frown: Good, but sad.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Frey
two can play at this game...:pierre:

Messi is a bum,
a bum bum bum bum bum bum
bum bum bum bum bum

just wait till I get my Nobel Literature prize.... :unimpressed:

:lolwut:

Frey's twisted cortex
Bleak, swirling, blackened vortex
Doth hold no merit.

:pierre: Not if I get it first...:woo:

Original post by Frey

Well sort of, I've actually been quite well behaved till recently :colondollar: We had to do a dissertation (that's done and sent off and i think it was good.. so :s-smilie:), we have two translations (one Homer, one Thucydides) and three set texts we get asked questions on (either partly or all in Greek). I've revised everything out of my set texts apart from Trojan Women.

It's a play by Euripides, basically showing the aftermath of the Trojan war, and pretty much how all the women get seriously ****ed over. A bebe is also thrown from the walls...it's all very sad. :frown: Good, but sad.

You had to do a dissertation? :frown: Oh Oxford, y u no send me work to do?! :cry2: Well, at least that's something to keep you busy and in a relatively academic state of mind; I'm trying to do it all myself at the moment. Ah well.

Oh, okay - I think I'm familiar with some of Euripides' plays, but I haven't yet read any. Didn't he write Medea? :confused: Well, aren't they tragedies? I guess they have to be somewhat sobering...
Original post by Frey

Astyanax :cry2:

GO STUDY :fuhrer:

A level peeps get a choice between Hippolytus and Thesmophoriazusae. I went for good old Euripides but i feel like I need some comedy in my life....
hippolytus y u so misogynist
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1529
:lolwut:

Frey's twisted cortex
Bleak, swirling, blackened vortex
Doth hold no merit.

:pierre: Not if I get it first...:woo:

You had to do a dissertation? :frown: Oh Oxford, y u no send me work to do?! :cry2: Well, at least that's something to keep you busy and in a relatively academic state of mind; I'm trying to do it all myself at the moment. Ah well.

Oh, okay - I think I'm familiar with some of Euripides' plays, but I haven't yet read any. Didn't he write Medea? :confused: Well, aren't they tragedies? I guess they have to be somewhat sobering...

I GROW TIRED OF YOUR INSOLENCE! YOU ARE NOT A DESERVING AUDIENCE FOR MY HIGHER ART FORM!

hahaha.........may the best man win :pierre:

Aye, I loved it. I might actually upgrade it and use it to substitute one of my papers in our finals... :colone:

yes, that's another reason why doing it why so good I suppose, kept me in some degree of academic state :s-smilie:

Indeed he did, clever Messi *pat pat* :colondollar: yes, that's his sort of forte....y'know, suffering, downfall and all dat. I will go no later than midday.. IF I GET THIS DONE TODAY, THEN IT'S DONE.
Reply 1530
Original post by medbh4805

awwww Astyanax :frown: *comforts Medbh*It made me so sad when he died :frown:
though to be honest, the saddest/most pissed off I've ever been about a piece of literature was when we were reading King Lear in class, and our teacher wanted us to watch the ending first before reading it...so when you think it'll all turn out ok, Cordelia has been hanged, and King Lear (her daddy) come in carrying her dead body shouting his old 'Oh, you men are made of stone!' the whole class was a chorus of 'WHAT THE ****!?!? :cry:' sad stuff makes me sad :frown:

I CANNNNN'T.....Medbh how much do you sleep? Are you like the Terminator or something????:rolleyes:
Original post by Frey
I GROW TIRED OF YOUR INSOLENCE! YOU ARE NOT A DESERVING AUDIENCE FOR MY HIGHER ART FORM!

hahaha.........may the best man win :pierre:

Aye, I loved it. I might actually upgrade it and use it to substitute one of my papers in our finals... :colone:

yes, that's another reason why doing it why so good I suppose, kept me in some degree of academic state :s-smilie:

Indeed he did, clever Messi *pat pat* :colondollar: yes, that's his sort of forte....y'know, suffering, downfall and all dat. I will go no later than midday.. IF I GET THIS DONE TODAY, THEN IT'S DONE.

My insolence? Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black. :pierre: :lolwut:

Hmm, I'll be sure to give you a brief mention in my acceptance speech. :tongue:

Yes, whereas I've done nothing truly academic since the interviews. :erm: I'm going to get a sub-third for my first essay. :cry2:

Do not patronize me, woman! :unimpressed: Well, 'tis the way for most of the great writers. I think that says something about our sadism. :erm: Well, good luck with that. Perhaps once your dissertation is done you'll be able to put more effort into those haikus of yours. :tongue:
Original post by Frey
awwww Astyanax :frown: *comforts Medbh*It made me so sad when he died :frown:

Greeks y u so cruel :cry2:
He was only a baby

though to be honest, the saddest/most pissed off I've ever been about a piece of literature was when we were reading King Lear in class, and our teacher wanted us to watch the ending first before reading it...so when you think it'll all turn out ok, Cordelia has been hanged, and King Lear (her daddy) come in carrying her dead body shouting his old 'Oh, you men are made of stone!' the whole class was a chorus of 'WHAT THE ****!?!? :cry:' sad stuff makes me sad :frown:

:frown:

this reminds me how little I know of Shakespeare :getmecoat:

I CANNNNN'T.....Medbh how much do you sleep? Are you like the Terminator or something????:rolleyes:

Had about 6 hours last night. Already done an hour and a half of revision :smug:
Reply 1533

A level peeps get a choice between Hippolytus and Thesmophoriazusae. I went for good old Euripides but i feel like I need some comedy in my life....
hippolytus y u so misogynist

I'mma doing Acharnians (funneh and ruuuude :colondollar:) and Thucydides book ten (I HATE THUCYDIDES :angry:) as well as Trojan Women.
Reply 1534
Greeks y u so cruel :cry2:
He was only a baby

:frown:

this reminds me how little I know of Shakespeare :getmecoat:

Had about 6 hours last night. Already done an hour and a half of revision :smug:

aw bebes :frown: dead bebes...

:wink: careful Messi don't read that

:smug: you is so fly bro. I'm off duty as such today :colondollar: usually I revise from 9 till 1, then 2 till 4....and then anything could happen after that. I am a morning person who likes their sleepies :rolleyes: What I need to do today won't take more than 2/3 hours...so I'm faffing about :ninja:
Reply 1535
My insolence? Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black. :pierre: :lolwut:

Hmm, I'll be sure to give you a brief mention in my acceptance speech. :tongue:

Yes, whereas I've done nothing truly academic since the interviews. :erm: I'm going to get a sub-third for my first essay. :cry2:

Do not patronize me, woman! :unimpressed: Well, 'tis the way for most of the great writers. I think that says something about our sadism. :erm: Well, good luck with that. Perhaps once your dissertation is done you'll be able to put more effort into those haikus of yours. :tongue:

takes one to know one.... :unimpressed:

'The History of Bums, by Messi'

****kkkkkkkk... I know I have no idea how they'll mark it because it'll be such a s step up. Hope I get about a 2:2/2:1 at least in first year or I'll just die :frown: I'm a sensitive soul like that.. *sniff*

AHAHAHAHA.....:pierre: leave the haikus out of this.

what are you going to do today then? It's f-ing cold here :frown:
Original post by Frey
takes one to know one.... :unimpressed:

'The History of Bums, by Messi'

****kkkkkkkk... I know I have no idea how they'll mark it because it'll be such a s step up. Hope I get about a 2:2/2:1 at least in first year or I'll just die :frown: I'm a sensitive soul like that.. *sniff*

AHAHAHAHA.....:pierre: leave the haikus out of this.

what are you going to do today then? It's f-ing cold here :frown:

Okay, you crossed the line. I call for immediate termination of the ceasefire. :mob: :mad: :frown:

At least that would make me an authority on something, something you couldn't claim to. :tongue: And it would have won a Nobel Prize. So...:tongue:

I know, I'm sure you'll do very well - at least you've been doing some work, keeping your reading and essays going. I'll go into the first tutorial and the tutors will be like :lolwut: 'Why did we accept this guy?'

Well, if you were better at them, I could...:tongue:

Errmmm well, I was running this morning so I think I might go and spend an hour or so in the bath soon. :woo: And then I'll do some reading - your essay-writing has motivated me to sort my life out - it's only five months! :eek4: It's cold here as well. Yourself?
Reply 1537
Okay, you crossed the line. I call for immediate termination of the ceasefire. :mob: :mad: :frown:

At least that would make me an authority on something, something you couldn't claim to. :tongue: And it would have won a Nobel Prize. So...:tongue:

I know, I'm sure you'll do very well - at least you've been doing some work, keeping your reading and essays going. I'll go into the first tutorial and the tutors will be like :lolwut: 'Why did we accept this guy?'

Well, if you were better at them, I could...:tongue:

Errmmm well, I was running this morning so I think I might go and spend an hour or so in the bath soon. :woo: And then I'll do some reading - your essay-writing has motivated me to sort my life out - it's only five months! :eek4: It's cold here as well. Yourself?

This is such a lovehate relationship. :colondollar:

:unimpressed:

I know, but your knowledge of bums will be v. superior. :wink: You'll do fine ducky, just read your set list and maybe some critiques!

I don't know why I bother. :albertein:

I LOVE BATHS. Wellllll, I'll go omnomnomomm something, I'm hungry. Work said they might call me to come in for a couple of hours... whatever that means :grumble: then just seriously slog out this Trojan women stuff. I'll do the Greek this afternoon, then read all the English stuff in my bed at nighty time :colondollar: I should also write out lots of Greek grammar and I want to read the rest of this interesting chapter I found in a book about Persian/Zoroastrian mythology :colondollar:....yes my life is just one non-stop party. :s
Original post by Frey
I'mma doing Acharnians (funneh and ruuuude :colondollar:) and Thucydides book ten (I HATE THUCYDIDES :angry:) as well as Trojan Women.

nice. I'm doing Thucydides book 7 as well :pierre:

y u hate him? :holmes:
Original post by Frey
aw bebes :frown: dead bebes...

:wink: careful Messi don't read that

:smug: you is so fly bro. I'm off duty as such today :colondollar: usually I revise from 9 till 1, then 2 till 4....and then anything could happen after that. I am a morning person who likes their sleepies :rolleyes: What I need to do today won't take more than 2/3 hours...so I'm faffing about :ninja:

Well so nice for you and your one subject :hand:

I have so much revision to do and yet I procrastinate so much :facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest