Scroll to see replies

Reply 3520
Here are some of mine. :smile:

Spoiler

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanymorris/
(edited 11 years ago)
Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol

IMG_3125 - Version 2.jpg
This may not be the best picture in the world but I think it's really cute!
SAM_1679.jpg
For some reason I just really like the first two. Not my best, but I just like them; I think I like them because they seem to tell a story.
The last one I added because it reminds me of batman for some reason :L
23525_378817333550_730038550_3796774_383185_n.jpg
A sign I found after an EDL march in Luton.

For a project I was given to photograph in the style of Nick Knight.

Original post by britchick

Given that I have a fear of eyes, this terrified me!
Why'd my photo get negged? :P
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Given that I have a fear of eyes, this terrified me!

Haha, I hope to be an optician so bit of a contrast there
Reply 3531
Why'd my photo get negged? :P

I'm going to be overly critical for a minute, which I generally don't like doing but it's just my opinion on why people might not like the photo. The framing is poor. It looks like it's been heavily cropped it from a bigger photo. The focus actually looks to be on the eye lashes which makes the detail in the eye very soft/out of focus. The reflection from the window blinds is so distracting as it covers about 40% of the iris. Eye photography is very difficult without a macro lens.
Original post by Roobsa
I'm going to be overly critical for a minute, which I generally don't like doing but it's just my opinion on why people might not like the photo. The framing is poor. It looks like it's been heavily cropped it from a bigger photo. The focus actually looks to be on the eye lashes which makes the detail in the eye very soft/out of focus. The reflection from the window blinds is so distracting as it covers about 40% of the iris. Eye photography is very difficult without a macro lens.

Okay well it wasn't cropped from a bigger photo, and I'm not a photography expert which I didn't know you had to be to post in this thread. Thought this was just for a bit of fun, but never mind
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3533
Okay well it wasn't cropped from a bigger photo, and I'm not a photography expert which I didn't know you had to be to post in this thread. Thought this was just for a bit of fun, but never mind

You asked why people were negging your photo, so I gave you some suggestions as to why. Ask for criticism, go all passive aggressive when it arrives. Good one.
Original post by Beska
Here's one of mine.

e: It is 3 years since I posted this picture originally, and I am absolutely astounded with the +ve rep I am getting. Thanks you very much, it means a lot!

I love this!
Couple of my favourites:

1. Street in Nha Trang, Vietnam
2. Sunset in Perhentian Islands, Malaysia
Reply 3536
How do you embed large images into text like OP? When I try they either come up small, or as 'attached thumbnails'...

Sorry if the solution's really easy and I'm a bit dense!
IMG_0045 edit copy.jpg
IMG_0109 edit copy.jpg
IMG_0863 edit copy.jpg
IMG_0109 edit crop copy.jpg
IMG_9348 edit 3 copy.jpg

And my photostream(if some insane reason you want to see more... O_o) http://www.flickr.com/photos/64729262@N03/
These are a few of my pics from when I visited Iceland in October 2010, absolutely beautiful country. The first one I think is stunning, I'm not a photographer so I don't care if the lighting/framing or anything else is wrong I just think it's a beautiful pic!
The second 2 pics are of a geyser in Iceland, the first pre eruption and the second post eruption!
If any of you ever get a chance to go I really recommend it! It's simply gorgeous

Instead of 'neg and run', a bit of constructive criticism would help.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending