The Student Room Group

Snooker

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Hmm, Carter does seem to be holding back with his play. He's playing too defensively to do any real damage to Ronnie's game.
Ronnie looks like he's going to run away with this session.
Seems the beeb has started to support Ronnie now after finding out he only ate a banana the day before.
Ronnie has been pretty ordinary in this final and is still brushing Carter aside. It's just incredible how negatively he's playing in one of the biggest opportunities of his life. His tactic is to only capitalise on Ronnie's mistakes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 324
Rocket Ronnie setting off.
Reply 325
Original post by silent ninja
His tactic is to only capitalise on Ronnie's mistakes.

And he's not even able to do that.
Reply 326
Come on Ronnie!!!!
Original post by f1mad
And he's not even able to do that.

He hasn't missed so many in the whole competition.

This match is over. The commentators know it, we know it.
Original post by Gary Barlow
Seems the beeb has started to support Ronnie now after finding out he only ate a banana the day before.

Parrot's sticking to his guns.
Reply 329
It does look like a foregone conclusion doesn't it. This next session would have to be pretty special if Carter was to come back into this.
When does it restart?
Restarting now.
"a little wry smile"

FFS - you've said that a million times.
Reply 333
Wow, Carter's back in it tbh
Just on my way home from crucible and Ali will feel at 15-10 that he's got a great result. Watching it in the auditorium the way Ali played in the last two frames before the interval I know I wasn't the only one who thought it possible that Ronnie could reel off the next four and win this afternoon.

Tonight, to win I think is asking too much from Ali but if he can get to 16-13 at the interval then Ronnie will feel it.

Still going with my 18-12 scoreline though

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Reply 335
Original post by Mo-Amin
Wow, Carter's back in it tbh

He needs to win this last session 8-2 or better :s-smilie:
If ronnie says you will pay tribute to alex higgins, you will pay tribute to alex higgins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17983911
The only thing that's missing is a maximum from Ronnie, hope it comes in this session. Does anyone believe Ali Carter will win?
Original post by shyamshah
The only thing that's missing is a maximum from Ronnie, hope it comes in this session. Does anyone believe Ali Carter will win?

Does Ali Carter believe Ali Carter can win? That's the question that matters.

I'm glad he won 3 of the last 4. It was pretty sad seeing him look so hopeless in the first half of the session.
Original post by shyamshah

He'd have more chance of the £250,000 if he bought a lottery ticket.

Quick Reply

Latest