The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6861
So SPL vote today. Unfortunately, I see sporting integrity coming second to commercial interests.
and so it begins...
Original post by marcusmerehay
Mulgrew has been given the PotY Award. :yy:

That was the Writers'. He's now won the PFA player of the year award, and James Forrest has won young player. And well done to Derek Adams for winning Manager of the year.

(Mulgrew also won Celtic's player of the year).
(edited 11 years ago)
Well done Mulgrew I did vote for Fraser Foster though!
Rory Fallon's volley against Hibs won goal of the year.
Reply 6866
Only team yet to speak out against newco relegated, Green Brigade delaying season ticket renewals, and SFA most likely going to reduce/abolish transfer embargo. Could be a bad month. Alex Thompson raises a good point; 'Seems to me the debate today isn't whether RFC is above the law - it's pinning down what the law is'.

"Football is a game before being a product, a sport before being a market, a show before being a business." - UEFA's 1st core value. Will SFA/SFL follow that? No is the short answer.
(edited 11 years ago)
The fakeover 2 continues

Bill has walked away
Our boy in goal Jason Brown came out to say that Rangers should get ****ed. Also, Ryan Jack said he feels like personally apologizing to every Aberdeen fan he meets in the street. Somehow makes me feel more forgiving.
Their own fans ****ed them over. What a joke.
Original post by Colonel.
Their own fans ****ed them over. What a joke.

It's probably not really down to that. Any second look at their financial situation by any bidder in the last few months has led them to withdraw. However, it's a bit ****ing stupid to be biting back at the one person who might save you.
The media is playing the "Rangers fans didn't want a Yank involved" line, ignoring that it was only a small part of Miller's reasons for abandoning the bid- he was mainly concerned with the fact that Rangers are unfixable. Whyte is still walking away with all the money, though. Check this review, taken from the SomethingAwful forums:

April 2011 - Rangers have ~£30m club debt and a big tax investigation hanging over them that could potentially result in a bill of £49m. (Big tax bill)

May 2011 - Craig Whyte buys the club for £1 by promising a cash injection of £26m.

Feb 2012 - It is revealed that since Craig Whyte took over the club it hasn't paid any tax or VAT. The cost is £9m. (This isn't the 'wee' tax case many people think it is. This is just a tax bill).

Feb 2012 - The club is put into Administration. Apparently despite an initial £26m cash injection, revenue for 9 months and the £6m sale of their top scorer... there isn't actually any money available. They did pay off an £18m debt to Lloyds Bank though.

Feb 2012 - It is revealed that the £26m Craig Whyte initially invested wasn't actually his money. He had entered into a deal with Ticketus whereby they front the cash and in return get 3 years worth of Rangers season ticket revenue.

April 2012 - The administrators release the following document. It puts club debt at £55m before the big and the small tax case. It also puts the big tax case at £75m and the small at £4m.

£14million of that £55million is the £9m tax from February, so they continued not paying tax. The 'wee' tax case is revealed to be another ongoing investigation at dodgy dealings (Sorry 'scheme participation') in regards to the transfers of Tore Andre Flo and Ronald De Boer.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/docs/dai...FD9F453C067.pdf

So Rangers owed about £105million when David Murray sold them. Apply Craig Whyte's magical business fingers, plus his £26m investment and you get? £134million debt just one short year later.

Now for some 'fun' facts.

1.) Craig Whyte's company has a secured floating charge on its Rangers assets, which is the 85% controlling stake in the club. This means that he is guaranteed his money first in the event of the sale of those assets. Not only that, he is guaranteed market value. So if those 85% shares are worth £10m but the Administrators only managed to sell them for £8m, the club has to make up the difference.

This means that Craig Whyte managed to get Rangers to buy themselves with £26m debt. He threw one measly pound on top and he'll walk away with £10m (Or whatever the market value of 85% of Rangers shares is). He can choose to not take the money of course but I really don't think the slimey ****er is the type to do that.

2.) Some of the debt revealed in the Duff & Phelps document is hilarious, If you set aside the fact they are loving over local small business for petty cash.

The best one is £350 owed to a 'Glencairn Crystal' company based out of East Kilbride. When David Weir was leaving the club the players all chipped in some money to buy him an engraved crystal decanter, this is where the club got it. Except they didn't pay for it. Also, since all this has been revealed the supporters have been paying the little debts where they can. Yep, you guessed it, the paid this one.

Wonder if fat Alex Salmond will open his pie hole about Rangers again..he might scrape around for a bail out given his previous comments lol

Also, nice picture. I'm not a Celtic fan myself, but anything to stop Rangers from winning the SPL is a good thing

I want to see Rangers and their horrid fan base die. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see an end to the entire Rangers mob.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cyanohydrin
Wonder if fat Alex Salmond will open his pie hole about Rangers again..he might scrape around for a bail out given his previous comments lol

Also, nice picture. I'm not a Celtic fan myself, but anything to stop Rangers from winning the SPL is a good thing

I want to see Rangers and their horrid fan base die. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see an end to the entire Rangers mob.

hahaha well that's your dream ****ed then isn't it

-New owners to exit via a CVA
-New owners are a consortium of 20 buisnessmen from around the world so no one man can **** up the finances again
-Joe Lewis with a £3.2 Billion Fortune is involved
-We are boycotting you ***** next season so your budget will be going right down without our ticket money
-Gennaro Gattuso is desperate to return and he doesn't care about wages he will be terrorising every midfielder in the SPL mingo broony will be ****ting himself.

So get it right up you filthy sheep shagging tarrier ****bags it will only be a year or two before we are back to the top.
Original post by Shabalala

-New owners are a consortium of 20 buisnessmen from around the world so no one man can **** up the finances again
-We are boycotting you ***** next season so your budget will be going right down without our ticket money
-Gennaro Gattuso is desperate to return and he doesn't care about wages he will be terrorising every midfielder in the SPL mingo broony will be ****ting himself.

So get it right up you filthy sheep shagging tarrier ****bags it will only be a year or two before we are back to the top.

Billionaire owners? Have we not heard this all before? :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6876

:lol:

Read up.

1. You will not get a CVA, the chances are so low I consider this a fact. Even Green says he is doubtful
2. Possibly, if they decide they want to keep club and not sell it on.
3. Doesn't matter how much he is worth, he made is money from good business, investing any large amount into a football club is not good business.
4. Bull****. I'd wager you will sell out your tix at Paradise, and (although it would be a nice rest for the eyes) you will fill out Ipox on OF days too.
5. Gattuso has been 'desperate for a move' since he left a ****hole. Here's a bit of advice for you, judge someone by their actions, not their talk.

I think that Green is being honest with his words (although clearly you would be a fool not to be skeptical). Of course you would try to get a CVA, in hope, but it's not going to happen. Rangers will be liquidated and probably made into a new company. Whether they go straight into the SPL or otherwise is whether the other teams decide short-term money is more important than sporting integrity.
They are so desperate to believe that they are blind to the truth.
I love the "boycotting" bullet point the most :rofl2:

Quick Reply

Latest