jan 07
jun 07
jan 09 - 88%
jun 08 - 86%
jun 09

ill just do two more tonight.
Original post by Mocking_bird
:hugs:

We had a progression to A2 lesson in tutor... it consisted of hearing a rant about "you may not be back if you don't get passes in your subjects, rah rah" and filling out a form :tongue:

I don't really know how other colleges work/if its the same but... do you start A2 lessons after exams/half term?

:hugs:

My tutor is my Maths teacher and I'm doing A2 Maths anyway, so I won't be required to turn up to any of those if I don't wish to do so [he'll just mark me as 'not expected'].

My Physics teacher still doesn't know I'm dropping the subject after AS, but A2 is Further Mechanics and so I'll probably be able to blag my way out of that given I've covered it already in A2 Math.

I've not spoken to my Chemistry or Biology teachers about this as yet, but I'm pretty sure something along the lines of "I'll eat a textbook or two over the Summer" will suffice.

Apparently the teachers haven't been issued with a timetable for what we're doing post exams and so we're kind of in limbo in that respect.

How is your College approaching it?
Original post by Mocking_bird
I could of sworn I replied to this... :ninja: Maybe it's off floating in a different thread :laugh:.

I started at about 2 and then finished at 5 with a few 15 minute breaks inbetween.
Still got quite a bit to do though, halogens and alkali earth metal equations - which keep disappearing out of my head. & ones for extraction of metals and the rest :smile:

Lucky with your study leave though! Mine doesnt start until the 21st... which is the week that 4/5 of my exams are in. :frown:
I don't understand why they didnt just give us the week before off. Ah well.

thank you :smile: that's the plan for the evening then..
need to do ones for mechanisms as well, and all the reactions with group 2 elements:ashamed2:

I haven't done much work because everyone has been at home for bank holiday weekend-I kept saying 'oh I have a week to do it in' and didn't bother for the last 2 weeks of school :frown: It makes sense because they say everyone revises in their own way then expect you to go to lessons?
what do you think is the hardest section of A level maths ?
Original post by techno836
what do you think is the hardest section of A level maths ?

C3 trig. It simply won't stay in my head.

This is despite me doing quite badly in C4 at the moment - I know where I'm going wrong (doing papers whilst tired is the biggest problem!) but with C3 trig, especially identities, I just get so confused.
Done British History notes, American History notes, MacBeth essay completed, 'The Erl King' reread... now need to find the strength to finish this Native American Essay that is literally sucking all life out of the subject... hahaha :P
Original post by ninegrandstudent

This is despite me doing quite badly in C4 at the moment - I know where I'm going wrong (doing papers whilst tired is the biggest problem!) but with C3 trig, especially identities, I just get so confused.

i want to take it for A level buut want to get an idea of the course :biggrin:...... what is the jump like from GCSE to As (i will have an A* )???
Reply 5567
Original post by bmqib
Chemistry Paper 1

M/J 2004
O/N 2009 - 34/40, averaged on the grade threshold that comes around 97% so I'm happy :biggrin:

In the next two hours

:lockstock:

:colondollar:

heheh i'm such a nerd
Original post by techno836
i want to take it for A level buut want to get an idea of the course :biggrin:...... what is the jump like from GCSE to As (i will have an A* )???

I found the jump quite hard BUT I hadn't work in GCSE maths at all (just missed an A*), was really struggling with chemistry AS, had just started a new sixth form, and was in the beginning stages of a relationship (to an amazingly clever guy who really helped me - and gained me an A in chemistry!). If you work from the start its fine.

AS is definitely okay. BUT if you find that hard don't do A2. I know people that with a lot of help and revision scrapped a B at AS (which is by no means bad) but are now really struggling to pass at A2.

I'm probably finding it the hardest now as I'm revising for C1, C2, C3, C4 and M1 - all first sittings. I've forgotton a lot of basic alegra and techniques that only come up at AS, so somehow getting lower marks in those than I'd like. But its definitely quite an enjoyable subject - if you're on for an A or A* I'd definitely give it a go, even if just for AS.
Reply 5569
- Write up Biology notes
- Go over extraction of metals equations
- Go over group 7 equations
- S1 paper
- GL1 paper
My revision has been stopped by a lack of paper! :tongue:
Got a lot done today, finished off Detente (International relations), finished BUSS3 section on marketing and got a Core 4+Mechanics paper done.
I found the jump quite hard BUT I hadn't work in GCSE maths at all (just missed an A*), was really struggling with chemistry AS, had just started a new sixth form, and was in the beginning stages of a relationship (to an amazingly clever guy who really helped me - and gained me an A in chemistry!). If you work from the start its fine.

AS is definitely okay. BUT if you find that hard don't do A2. I know people that with a lot of help and revision scrapped a B at AS (which is by no means bad) but are now really struggling to pass at A2.

I'm probably finding it the hardest now as I'm revising for C1, C2, C3, C4 and M1 - all first sittings. I've forgotton a lot of basic alegra and techniques that only come up at AS, so somehow getting lower marks in those than I'd like. But its definitely quite an enjoyable subject - if you're on for an A or A* I'd definitely give it a go, even if just for AS.

okay ... what happened ??......... and i want to do maths, chemistry, biology and physics/english ... what can you tell me on those subjects ... ( yes i want to do medicine :L ) :biggrin:
Tidy my room so I can actually revise.
Finish Chem structure and bonding flashcards.
Finish Geog coasts flashcards. Never going to get all these done tonight but I'll start...
Read Chem textbook tonight and post-it note any additional structure and bonding info.
Got a lot done today! Very happy :biggrin:
How the hell have I missed this thread all this time :eek: Well I guess it's gonna be another distraction for me!

Urgh trig identities used to do my head in, but after the exam I seem to find them a lot easier which is annoying.

Are you doing many C3 past papers?
Original post by Pensivedore
-Sparta exam paper
-Fault essay
-Romanistion homework
-Greece worksheet
-Ephors/kings quotes

This is the most productive day I've had in a very, very long time.
Original post by Pensivedore
This is the most productive day I've had in a very, very long time.

:woo: :woo: well done :smile:
Original post by chickenonsteroids
:woo: :woo: well done :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 5578
- Write up Biology notes
- Go over extraction of metals equations
- Go over group 7 equations
- S1 paper
- GL1 paper

Will do the GL1 paper in my free tomorrow.

Tomorrow night:
- Go over group 2
- Go over kinetics
- Go over equilibria

- Go over sedimentary structures
- Go over structure of the earth
- Go over faults/folds
Today

BIOL2 - Finish Chapter 13
C2 Paper
C4 Paper
S1 Paper