The Student Room Group

Higher geography

Today in my geography exam I answered all 6 questions instead of only picking 2 in paper 2, what will happen?
Will my two best be marked or my first two because I didn't Answer question two well :frown:
or will I fail..
Reply 1
I can't see how you could have answered in enough detail if you did all 6 of them :s-smilie:

I'm pretty sure they mark your two best ones though, so you shouldn't worry too much
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I feel bad for you but if you're in higher how could you be so stupid?
Original post by ...........
Today in my geography exam I answered all 6 questions instead of only picking 2 in paper 2, what will happen?
Will my two best be marked or my first two because I didn't Answer question two well :frown:
or will I fail..

How the hell did you manage 300 marks in 75 minutes?

You will get marked on the two best attempts I'd imagine.
Reply 4
I was worrying about a similar thing, as I answered all 8 questions in the first paper rather than 6... I was told that they will award marks for my best answers included in the multiple choice part, so its nothing to really worry about... although i don't know how you managed to write 300 marks worth in detail during that time
Reply 5
Did your school not tell you the exam format?
Reply 6
ha I didnt really manage the 6 questions in much detail, guessed a lot but did the two I was suppose to do ok I think :/
So annoyed at myself, was wondering why everyone was finished so quickly :frown:
The teacher said right before the exam there will be two questions, then said something about graphs so I got confused and was thinking about limestone at the time
I'm so dumb
I doubt anybody finished quickly. Geography Paper 2 requires serious so I doubt anybody finished early unless they put in hardly any effort.

You should be writing 3/4 pages per question...

Also how did you answer the questions you haven't learnt?
Reply 8
ha I didnt really manage the 6 questions in much detail, guessed a lot but did the two I was suppose to do ok I think :/
So annoyed at myself, was wondering why everyone was finished so quickly :frown:
The teacher said right before the exam there will be two questions, then said something about graphs so I got confused and was thinking about limestone at the time
I'm so dumb

I'm sure it'll be fine. They do use your best two answers, as that's the case for the first paper (I asked my teacher afterwards as I was worried). I'm sure there's quite a few people out there who made similar mistakes to us! As long as you think you've answered two questions okay, there's nothing to worry about. Just put it out of your mind and focus on your next exam now :smile:
Reply 9
Anyone who answered the urban choice question - for part b what did you guys write as that part had me almost stumped, got a few things noted down.
Reply 10
Original post by Kaaal
I'm sure it'll be fine. They do use your best two answers, as that's the case for the first paper (I asked my teacher afterwards as I was worried). I'm sure there's quite a few people out there who made similar mistakes to us! As long as you think you've answered two questions okay, there's nothing to worry about. Just put it out of your mind and focus on your next exam now :smile:

Thanks, hope they do pick the best ones :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by JaggySnake95
I doubt anybody finished quickly. Geography Paper 2 requires serious so I doubt anybody finished early unless they put in hardly any effort.

You should be writing 3/4 pages per question...

Also how did you answer the questions you haven't learnt?

I did the first one,then started guessing them, i was so confused so i just skipped them and went to the malaria one like i was suppose to then went back to the others and obviously ran out of time. I did actually write quite a lot for the two i was meant to do, hope they were ok :/
Reply 12
I did the first one,then started guessing them, i was so confused so i just skipped them and went to the malaria one like i was suppose to then went back to the others and obviously ran out of time. I did actually write quite a lot for the two i was meant to do, hope they were ok :/

So basically, you wrote everything you knew on the two questions you've studied, plus you attempted the other ones in your remaining time that would have otherwise been spent rambling on trying to gain a couple of marks here and there. Therefore you've got the bulk of your marks and you shouldn't worry about it.
I wrote about the formation of rocks?
Reply 14
Original post by itsc0ntagious
I wrote about the formation of rocks?

Chill... There's no point worrying bout it now
I done an extra question in paper 1 when i shouldn't have..you know the choice between atmosphere and biosphere? i had memorised the answers to them to death, but due to doing the questions not in order, and a little exam nerves i did both:L.. what will happen?
i managed all the rest aswell,
paper 2 was a god send, dem yorkshire dales<3 cant imagine having to answer all questions! goodluck anyway aha
Reply 16
Original post by littleangelinex
I done an extra question in paper 1 when i shouldn't have..you know the choice between atmosphere and biosphere? i had memorised the answers to them to death, but due to doing the questions not in order, and a little exam nerves i did both:L.. what will happen?
i managed all the rest aswell,
paper 2 was a god send, dem yorkshire dales<3 cant imagine having to answer all questions! goodluck anyway aha

They will take your highest mark from question 5 & 6.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending