The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Why doesnt my payment go through when I get to the card details section, i type in my card details, then press next, then i get a card redirect page, that automatically takes me to the lloyd tsb clicksafe page nd lloyds authorises my payment...but after that a co-op page comes up that says my payment hasn't been completed!...nothing wrong with my bank as i called them nd then went to the branch n they said its fine n it should go through, the payment does get authorised correctly, but y does co-op say its not been completed when it has!....i called them and they say they cant do nothing as its all online! wat to do..help! asap
Reply 561
i done it, it worked, nw im insured!
Reply 562
Original post by TrueUnitedFan
Blimely, 12 plate clio? how you paid for that?

It's on finance
Reply 563
Anyone else struggling to get their acceleration and braking above a 4 without driving dangerously? :tongue:
Reply 564
Has anyone received discounts yet?

If so, what was your overall score averaging at prior to the quarterly review?
Reply 565
Original post by Xyls
Why would you drive bad in emergancy situations? >_> That makes no sense. An emergancy situation does not give you any right to drive like an idiot? Unless you mean when some tosser pulls out infront of you I don't see your reasoning.

And yes, if you drive like **** they will end up removing the policy but this is probably rare and you must be some pretty horrific things to get this far. They will just increase hte premium on a quarterly basis and yes, it will go up extremely fast if you do.

And good driving = Not breaking hard continuously aka, not slowing down in time for junctions, Not taking corners to fast, not taking roundabouts too fast, not speeding, that kind of things.

you sound boring lol
Reply 566
What quotes has everyone got for this??

I got about £3,400 for the year and I thought that was pretty expensive given the box??

I've just passed (last week) and am a 17 year old male so has that got anything to do with it??

Also is it best doing pass plus or is there not much discount?

Danny, thanks.
Reply 567
Original post by dannyoh
What quotes has everyone got for this??

I got about £3,400 for the year and I thought that was pretty expensive given the box??

I've just passed (last week) and am a 17 year old male so has that got anything to do with it??

Also is it best doing pass plus or is there not much discount?

Danny, thanks.

£950 as an 18 year old driving a 2001 reg 1.2 punto.

Try putting your parents on as named drivers, I was getting quotes of ~£2,000 from Co-op before I did this and it dropped dramatically, even though I said they were each doing the minimum number of miles (0-1000 I think?)

Don't bother with Pass Plus, don't even think they recognise it tbh.
Reply 568
Hi im wondering if somebody could help me out.
Im looking to get the smartbox but my only concern is the part where you cant drive after 11.
For example, on the form if you tick "daily" on the bit where it asks "how often you drive between 11-6" does that mean you are allowed to drive whatever time you like and the premium will not increase because the initial premium is already higher and takes this into account?
I hope someone can help me thanks!
Original post by dsa
Hi im wondering if somebody could help me out.
Im looking to get the smartbox but my only concern is the part where you cant drive after 11.
For example, on the form if you tick "daily" on the bit where it asks "how often you drive between 11-6" does that mean you are allowed to drive whatever time you like and the premium will not increase because the initial premium is already higher and takes this into account?
I hope someone can help me thanks!

I wouldn't get this insurance if you regularly drive after 11. On the initial quite just put "never" , I very much doubt they'll let you drive after 11 if you say you will.

I drove at 11:20PM for about 5 minutes and it made my score go down by a fair bit. If you do this too often then your insurance premium will rise after 90 days.
Reply 570
Original post by Camoxide
I wouldn't get this insurance if you regularly drive after 11. On the initial quite just put "never" , I very much doubt they'll let you drive after 11 if you say you will.

I drove at 11:20PM for about 5 minutes and it made my score go down by a fair bit. If you do this too often then your insurance premium will rise after 90 days.

Well when i put daily, i was able to get insured but it was a few hundred extra (with parent as main driver). So was wondering if anyone else has put daily and whether you are actually allowed to drive after 11 everyday without the premium increasing even more?
Original post by dsa
Well when i put daily, i was able to get insured but it was a few hundred extra (with parent as main driver). So was wondering if anyone else has put daily and whether you are actually allowed to drive after 11 everyday without the premium increasing even more?

Your best bet would be to ring them up and ask. You'd have to make sure that the night time dial is removed from the factor of the insurance else you'll end up getting ripped off.

If you ring them up can you do me a favour and ask if you're aloud to replace the sterro but keep the speakers the same? :biggrin:
Reply 572
If you ring them up can you do me a favour and ask if you're aloud to replace the sterro but keep the speakers the same? :biggrin:

I asked this ages ago when I took out my policy. They told me that changing the stereo (headunit) was classed as a modification = (
Original post by Gothica

I asked this ages ago when I took out my policy. They told me that changing the stereo (headunit) was classed as a modification = (

Wtf. That's stupid. My car didn't come with the stock stereo unit. It's this old JVC CD player that you can't even hook up your MP3 player/iDevice too.

Oh well. Already been on the insurance for over a month now anyway.
Reply 574
Original post by Camoxide

Wtf. That's stupid. My car didn't come with the stock stereo unit. It's this old JVC CD player that you can't even hook up your MP3 player/iDevice too.

Same here , the lad i bought my car off invested around £700 for ICE , I even have a little screen to watch dvd's in the front:tongue:
Original post by Gothica

Same here , the lad i bought my car off invested around £700 for ICE , I even have a little screen to watch dvd's in the front:tongue:

The guy who fitted the box said it would be fine.

I'll be replacing the sterro and speakers (they're slightly faulty). They can piss of with saying changing the sterro is a mod, it's a repair.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 576
Got £155 back from co-op, best insurance policy ever!
anyone else ever get more than the 1st safe driving discount/refund?
Reply 578
Would never do this. Why would you let someone monitor your speed, what time you drive at etc?

Not even that much cheaper than others, if that.
Reply 579
Anyone got any tips on how to get the insurance down? I'm doing a 1.1 Saxo with two named drivers and myself as the named driver and I'm getting £158 with an initial deposit of about £600.

Latest