The Student Room Group

Workplace annoyances

Mine are
1. Whip round politics
2. People who organise whip rounds and tea/coffee club accounts and skim money.
3. workaholic wannabe-makes sure everyone knows she has to do unapid overtime (usually because theyve been smoking/chatting on the phone all day).
4 Favouritism/Nepotism
5. Bosses tricking you out of holiday entitlement
6. Blackmail into doing unpaid overtime.
7. Babybores
8. Fag breaks/too many coffee breaks
I guess if this was a pretentious thread about Atheism or islam. Or asking how to put weight, there would be a mass exodus of people wanting to answer!
Reply 2
Original post by DrunkenMaster
Mine are
1. Whip round politics
2. People who organise whip rounds and tea/coffee club accounts and skim money.
3. workaholic wannabe-makes sure everyone knows she has to do unapid overtime (usually because theyve been smoking/chatting on the phone all day).
4 Favouritism/Nepotism
5. Bosses tricking you out of holiday entitlement
6. Blackmail into doing unpaid overtime.
7. Babybores
8. Fag breaks/too many coffee breaks

1.Nepotism
2.People who do nothing, but when the boss comes or asks them to do something loudly point out how busy they have been
3.People who talk down to you about your work, while you have been doing this job for 2 days and they have been doing it for 10 years
4.Bosses who have unrealistic expectations and don't appreciate unpaid overtime, because it your "job"
5.Bosses who claim you are lazy because you didn't do that one task they made you do, while you have done the other 1685 tasks they asked you to
6.Bosses/managers who think they are the most hard-working people on the planet, while most of the time they chat on the phone talking about sports/politics etc. cause they got to "network"
7.Bosses in general...
Original post by kassiopeia
1.Nepotism
2.People who do nothing, but when the boss comes or asks them to do something loudly point out how busy they have been
3.People who talk down to you about your work, while you have been doing this job for 2 days and they have been doing it for 10 years
4.Bosses who have unrealistic expectations and don't appreciate unpaid overtime, because it your "job"
5.Bosses who claim you are lazy because you didn't do that one task they made you do, while you have done the other 1685 tasks they asked you to
6.Bosses/managers who think they are the most hard-working people on the planet, while most of the time they chat on the phone talking about sports/politics etc. cause they got to "network"
7.Bosses in general...

Oh, I forgot BO.

Definatley agree with No 6.
People who still act like they're in unviersity such as referring to absolutely anything as 'banter'.

Supervisors who don't know how to be supervisors i.e. not having any direction or authority whilst being overly appreciative at the wrong times.

Making a suggestion which increases efficiency/solves a problem only to be covered up in red tape or ignored.

Older members of staff being overly pedantic for the sole purpose of being annoying.

Other departments thinking they're more important when they're the same but with a different title.
Original post by kassiopeia

Definitely have to agree with this one!
Reply 6
Mine are:

1. People who hate the job and whinge about it every day but can't be bothered to look for another one.
2. Definitely those who whinge because they have to do overtime which isn't paid as they spent too long chatting.
3. People who aren't superiors who think they can tell you what to do and have a "I'm better than you" attitude.
Reply 7
Having to be there in the first place.
Reply 8
Laziness, and people who phone in sick when they're not ill.
Where I work we are ridiculously short staffed so lazy people like that just mean the rest of us have to work a thousand times harder.
Last sunday I had 3 people out of my already stupidly small staff of 7 (for all day!!) phone in sick. Seriously?! Convenient that it was a sunday morning and everybody is usually hungover. Grrrr!

:colondollar: Calm now promise!
Reply 9
People who moan about doing overtime when they chose to do it.
Reply 10
Original post by hannah_dru
Mine are:

1. People who hate the job and whinge about it every day but can't be bothered to look for another one.

Defo this, if they hated it that bad they'd leave.. obviously they're either lazy or don't hate it that much.. don't get it! :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Not being appreciated by your superiors who don't realise when you're doing more than your supposed to most of the time
Original post by Samz
Laziness, and people who phone in sick when they're not ill.
Where I work we are ridiculously short staffed so lazy people like that just mean the rest of us have to work a thousand times harder.
Last sunday I had 3 people out of my already stupidly small staff of 7 (for all day!!) phone in sick. Seriously?! Convenient that it was a sunday morning and everybody is usually hungover. Grrrr!

:colondollar: Calm now promise!

Got a colleague who has spent more time off sick (hungover usually because shes been seen p**sed the night before) than in work. Seems to get let off because she's pretty and the men there follow her about like a lost puppy, and because she's a mummy and the female staff empathise with that and express solidarity. Shes off for the forseeable future because she broke her wrist
People who have easier jobs/lower workload but still earn the same as you!
Managers who blame you for something you haven't done in front of everyone really get on my nerves. Very unprofessional.
Bosses who talk about things that should never be talked about in work. Like discussing the strange ways people have died with a very detailed story about a gay guy whos mate put a gerbil in his arse then managed to blow his backside up using a lighter and plastic pipe to locate said gerbil.
People who have another job. So everyone lets them take it easy because they need to save there energy for their other job! Seen this a few times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending