The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7820
Original post by BlaEm
Thanks for the congrats, everyone, and congratulations to everyone else who has received an offer. It really does seem as if it's coming together at last!

Just wondered whether anyone else has had trouble with the link in their offer email? Mine hasn't been working, having tried numerous browsers! I emailed the address with my acceptance form, but all I've had back is an auto-reminder to accept by the 11th - I don't want to panic, but would hate to miss out because of a technical issue! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated :smile:

Hi, I had the same problem with the link, I phoned casting and they accepted manually for me, and I've sent forms off today Recoreded Delivery.
Reply 7821
Original post by Redu
I'm 72-GS-A. Oh dear! I told my Mum I'd be in the Closing Ceremony already D:

Oh well, massively looking forward to the rehearsal!

Redu, unless your offer specifically states "understudy" then it sounds as though you are in. Understudies will probably have to be at all rehearsals, including dress rehearsals, and prepared to step in at any point.:banana2:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello,

How on earth have I missed this little box at the bottom on the screen?! Is this working, can you read this? he he :smile:

How pathetic, I've been a lurker for MONTHS! Some months as a not heard and the last as a heard and have been desperate to chat with you all.

Please excuse my delight at my first post on any forum of any kind.....but has it worked?!!
Original post by Redthunder
Hello,

How on earth have I missed this little box at the bottom on the screen?! Is this working, can you read this? he he :smile:

How pathetic, I've been a lurker for MONTHS! Some months as a not heard and the last as a heard and have been desperate to chat with you all.

Please excuse my delight at my first post on any forum of any kind.....but has it worked?!!

Welcome Redthunder - what's the role?
YESSSS!

I can see it, it worked. I'll just recall all those emails to The Studen Room helpdesk now and hold my head in shame at being 'of a certain age' that I didn't know how to post on a forum!

So, some details.

15th Feb 1st Audition
23rd Recall
13th April an offer....87B para's opening.

I've read with excitement every single post on here and have to say its helped during the long wait and helped with the excitement levels once I got my offer. Think I'd have gone insane without all you strangers!

Twilightz, I dont know how to like my post to yours yet, as you can tell, its early days for me but I'm travelling from up north and staying in a Hostel in central London if you want to stick together?!

Right, must get back to work. How will I hide my excitement at now being able to post for the rest of the afternoon?!

Thanks
.....Ooh, so nearly put my own name then!
(edited 11 years ago)
YESSSS!

I can see it, it worked. I'll just recall all those emails to The Studen Room helpdesk now and hold my head in shame at being 'of a certain age' that I didn't know how to post on a forum!

So, some details.

15th Feb 1st Audition
23rd Recall

I've read with excitement every single post on here and have to say its helped during the long wait and helped with the excitement levels once I got my offer. Think I'd have gone insane without all you strangers!

Twilightz, I dont know how to like my post to yours yet, as you can tell, its early days for me but I'm travelling from up north and staying in a Hostel in central London if you want to stick together?!

Right, must get back to work. How will I hide my excitement at now being able to post for the rest of the afternoon?!

Thanks

There are a few of us "of a certain age on here" I still think it's funny that we've hijacked a student website! We've all found such support from this fantastic crowd on here - so glad you decided to join in.

I'm sure Flakeydom will include your stats on the mega spreadsheet now - keep posting!
:cyber::cyber::cyber::cyber:
Reply 7826
Original post by BlaEm
Like many others, I have been a long-time lurker to this forum and would like to first of all thank all the contributors for providing a source of respite in the looong wait for a response... Today I finally received an offer for 87-Group B for the Paralympic Opening. Anyone else in that segment?

For statistical purposes - my first audition was on 16 Feb and my recall (6pm, hip hop) was on the 21 Feb.

Woo hoo! Congratulations! yes there are quite a few of us in 87A and some in 87B. I have still not set up the private group for these two groups but I am honestly working on it! Been so busy! I have a few gmail accounts so am sorting that out and will be in touch. Anyone else who hasn't been in touch as yet, but has heard for 87A or 87B do PM and I shall send everyone an invite for these groups. YAY!:colondollar:
YESSSS!

So, some details.

15th Feb 1st Audition
23rd Recall

Thanks

Congratulations on your role and welcome here.
I think you are probably confusing me with someone else from the forum- Im not in segment 87/ para plus I'm not travelling from far but like many people on here I was concerned of how to get to the 1:1 venue.
There are lots of people on here that have mentioned accomodation issues so if you browse back some pages you'll find lots of details here and some people that are willing to share accomodation.
Thanks for the offer though, :smile: and good luck!
well done to everyone who has got their offers.

casting are working hard, i just got a reminder email saying i hadnt accepted yet. Got till friday to do so, but e-mailed my cast co-ordinators re dates and poss reserve or something and waiting for a reply.

Not sure if i should ring up and speak to someone or wait a little longer. it would be the perfect birthday present tomorrow to hear the answer i would love

fingers crossed for everyone waiting
Reply 7829
Original post by helenb84
Hi All,

I received an offer today, Paralympic Opening Ceremony 87 - Group B.
So excited! Is anyone else in this group?

I'm in 87A- I'm not sure on 87B schedules but I think we have an 87A coming in from quite far away- can't give away details but PM me as they may know about transport share/ hostels etc. I know others have posted on this too.
PM me and I will add you to our google group for 87A and 87B once I have completed it - if you like. It's just for sharing info and opinions confidentially.
many congrats!!!! I feel the paras opening will be amazing- have a search there was some good media on it last week. The theme is "enlightenment" wooo!
Reply 7830
YESSSS!
87B para's opening.

many congrats and welcome to the 87s! Will include you in our group invites for an off forum mini group. google groups comin' up.
Daughter thoroughly enjoyed first rehearsal and wore her lanyard home with pride!
Has a special role it seems!! Got herself so stressed out on the way there that she arrived home with a thumping headache and promptly threw up on getting to the car!
Says she feels a lot calmer now and is pleased to have met some new friends and to find our her role at last!!

EG
Reply 7832
Original post by Essex Girl
Daughter thoroughly enjoyed first rehearsal and wore her lanyard home with pride!
Has a special role it seems!! Got herself so stressed out on the way there that she arrived home with a thumping headache and promptly threw up on getting to the car!
Says she feels a lot calmer now and is pleased to have met some new friends and to find our her role at last!!

EG

Aaaww, bless x:hugs:
Hello,

Hello from someone past a certain age! Well I shan't say welcome cos you have been here for ages (!) but congrats on finally posting and especially on your important casting role. Well done redthunder! The next step is using all the fancy emoticons...:banana::dancing2::congrats::flower2::hoppy::happy2:
Reply 7834
YESSSS!

So, some details.

15th Feb 1st Audition
23rd Recall

Thanks

hehehe well done, see its quite easy really. Congrats on your offer and welcome to the forum :smile:
Reply 7835
YESSSS!

So, some details.

15th Feb 1st Audition
23rd Recall

Thanks

Hey Redthunder very many congratulations :congrats:and welcome out of lurkdom! :lurk:

To reply or comment on a message just click on quote at the bottom and go from there.
Reply 7836
Big congrats to jerseygal, Redthunder and all those who have heard today. :woo:

Fingers crossed for Galactica and Eve to hear, and all the other not heards.:crossedf:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7837
Any idea where the 1:1 venue is? I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get there from Gatwick airport in <1hr
(or in other words, from the experience of those of you who are already in rehearsals, how tolerant are they of lateness? I have one instance where I'm landing 1.5hr before a rehearsal and don't want them to count it as a "missed rehearsal" if I show up an hour late...)
Reply 7838
Original post by Redu
I'm 72-GS-A. Oh dear! I told my Mum I'd be in the Closing Ceremony already D:

Oh well, massively looking forward to the rehearsal!

I didn't say at the time when I delurked but I am in segment 72-Group-A. If you search the thread for '72' you will find a few different sets of letters after the number, so presume these are all slightly different activities within this segment.
Reply 7839
Original post by scielle
Any idea where the 1:1 venue is? I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get there from Gatwick airport in <1hr

No chance... even if you took the overpriced Gatwick express and had a good series of connections, it'd be nearing two hours. You need to get to Victoria, and then it's 50 minutes by tube from Victoria station to the Tube nearest the 1:1 venue, and then I'd allow at least 20 minutes for the shuttle bus.

If you have the chance, London City would be by far the best airport to fly into.

But the main thing is that, as a Londoner, I'm so impressed (and slightly amazed) that lots of you are coming from all parts of the UK for every rehearsal. I hope that the Ceremonies team realise just how committed you are!

Latest