The Student Room Group

Anyone got their remark back

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mee.vu
Hey! I just pop in to ask what your remark was :colondollar: My paper (after being sent to remark once), was found by my business teacher that AQA still hadn't count all 3 raw marks I supposed to have for the finance question that I did correctly every single word :eek:
It was sent back to the exam board and this time it came to the head examiner. I finally got an A :biggrin:
I just don't know what was in the mind of the examiners

How do you send your paper for a remark again?
Reply 21
Well I don't know exactly because it was my teacher who sent it. But she told me that the exam officer sent an email saying my candidate number, centre number and about the requires
Sent my History one of in early March and still haven't had it back! I went into my exam office last week to find out what the problem was and the office still haven't received the remark? They said they would ring me when it came in but alas still not phone call !Judging by the posts on here the remarking process seems like quite a swift one! Any advice on what I should do? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by mee.vu
Well I don't know exactly because it was my teacher who sent it. But she told me that the exam officer sent an email saying my candidate number, centre number and about the requires

I sat for my A2 Chemistry and A2 Physics exams in Jan 2011 but ended up with overall C's in A-Level Chem and Phy. I re-sat all three of my A2 modules of A2 Phy and Chem in Jan 2012 but still ended up with C's in both A-level Phy and Chem. I got my Chem papers remarked as I was 3 marks off a B and I got a B. I also got 2 of my A2 Phy papers remarked as I was 3 marks off a B in A-level Phy but I did not gain even a single extra mark. It's so horrifying for me to see the same results in Jan 2012 as in Jan 2011. Do you think there's a possibility for me to get my papers remarked again provided my Exam Officer requests Edexcel that my paper gets marked by the Principal Examiner? I am so lost.
Reply 24
Original post by M Kh
I sat for my A2 Chemistry and A2 Physics exams in Jan 2011 but ended up with overall C's in A-Level Chem and Phy. I re-sat all three of my A2 modules of A2 Phy and Chem in Jan 2012 but still ended up with C's in both A-level Phy and Chem. I got my Chem papers remarked as I was 3 marks off a B and I got a B. I also got 2 of my A2 Phy papers remarked as I was 3 marks off a B in A-level Phy but I did not gain even a single extra mark. It's so horrifying for me to see the same results in Jan 2012 as in Jan 2011. Do you think there's a possibility for me to get my papers remarked again provided my Exam Officer requests Edexcel that my paper gets marked by the Principal Examiner? I am so lost.

Well, to be honest I actually don't know how to suggest you about this cause it's a different exam board and a different subject from mine. I think you should first ask the exam officer to order your paper and the mark scheme and then check it with your teacher. I think your teacher will be the best person to see whether it should be remarked.
I got an AS English Lit paper re-marked last year, since I was 1 or 2 marks off an A, and it stayed exactly the same. That same set of exams I also got an AS Physics paper re-marked, which you'd expect to come back with the same marks, but it went down 8 UMS!
Reply 26
Original post by mee.vu
Hey! I just pop in to ask what your remark was :colondollar: My paper (after being sent to remark once), was found by my business teacher that AQA still hadn't count all 3 raw marks I supposed to have for the finance question that I did correctly every single word :eek:
It was sent back to the exam board and this time it came to the head examiner. I finally got an A :biggrin:
I just don't know what was in the mind of the examiners

Hii mines went up by 4 marks :frown:

went up by 1 grade though
Reply 27
Original post by mee.vu
Well, to be honest I actually don't know how to suggest you about this cause it's a different exam board and a different subject from mine. I think you should first ask the exam officer to order your paper and the mark scheme and then check it with your teacher. I think your teacher will be the best person to see whether it should be remarked.

I cannot order my paper since the deadline which is the 28th of April (today) is Saturday and so a holiday here. I study privately so I haven't got any experienced teacher to deal with. I already got my papers remarked but only the chemistry overall grade changed but the physics one remained the same even after re-sitting and getting a remark. Do you think I can ask my Exams Officer tomorrow to request Edexcel to get my papers remarked by the Principal Examiner?
Reply 28
Original post by franzk
Hii mines went up by 4 marks :frown:

went up by 1 grade though

Well, congrats to you anyway because not everyone who gets their paper remarked can go up to 1 grade :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by M Kh
I cannot order my paper since the deadline which is the 28th of April (today) is Saturday and so a holiday here. I study privately so I haven't got any experienced teacher to deal with. I already got my papers remarked but only the chemistry overall grade changed but the physics one remained the same even after re-sitting and getting a remark. Do you think I can ask my Exams Officer tomorrow to request Edexcel to get my papers remarked by the Principal Examiner?

I think if you have a chance you should still ask the Exam Officer :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by mee.vu
I think if you have a chance you should still ask the Exam Officer :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement. I emailed my Exams Officer but he replied by saying that the deadline for requesting Edexcel enquiry about results has passed even though I explained to him in the email that he can atleast email them to request them. What shall I do now - just leave it or request him again to atleast try?
Reply 31
Original post by M Kh
Thanks for the encouragement. I emailed my Exams Officer but he replied by saying that the deadline for requesting Edexcel enquiry about results has passed even though I explained to him in the email that he can atleast email them to request them. What shall I do now - just leave it or request him again to atleast try?

Leave it. The deadline for re-marks is weeks past. From what you said you have already had it re-marked by a senior examiner (because all re-marks are done by senior examiners) who agreed with the first marker. Most re-marks don't change as most of the time the marking is correct; what grounds have you for thinking 2 separate markers are wrong? What grounds have you for wasting everyone's time other than you want a better grade?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Data
Leave it. The deadline for re-marks is weeks past. From what you said you have already had it re-marked by a senior examiner (because all re-marks are done by senior examiners) who agreed with the first marker. Most re-marks don't change as most of the time the marking is correct; what grounds have you for thinking 2 separate markers are wrong? What grounds have you for wasting everyone's time other than you want a better grade?

What grounds? I don't trust these exam boards anymore. Like I highlighted in a previous thread, the review of marking sent to me by the examiner after my EAR last year did not include two of my answers, even though I answered those questions. Also, when I counted all the raw marks awarded, excluding the marks for the answers that the examiner did not comment on at all, after taking the Grade boundaries into account those raw marks did not match the UMS awarded to me. I am not going to highlight that to Edexcel but I am just saying that I have lost trust in their system - sorry, it's not my mistake that I have lost my trust.

I am not wasting anyone's time and this is why I asked here whether I must or must not request the Exams Officer again. Anyway, I don't think it will be worth it since I am starting Medicine this September with full scholarship anyway. Now it's time to move on. Thanks for your suggestions though.
Reply 33
I got my Unit 1 Business Studies back and I was on a C (1 mark from a B) and I went up a mark into a grade B. It took like a week to get them back (mine were sent off about a month ago) :biggrin:
Off the point, but I think it's terrible how remarks can up the marks by so many. I mean 10marks is absurd!!! :fuhrer:

Quick Reply

Latest