The Student Room Group

Why can't I GET OVER this guy?

ok i have this semi-friend who i really like even though he doesn't want to be in any kind of comitted relationship, he openly talks about hot girls to me, he has a friends with benefits relationship with some other girl and he has no direction in life.

what is wrong with me?!?!?!? HELP !!!!
perhaps its just a phase... maybe you just want to be closer friends.. try that.. im probably not helping.. oh well.. GOO LUCK!! :smile: xxx
i was in a similar sort of situation.

I will hit you in time that hes not worth it and you will wonder what youve been wasting so much time worrying about!!
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
You can become another friend with benefit to him and nothing else, or you can move on and find a guy who's more of a relationship material. He's probably not the type who'll ever settle down for one woman.
First, stop trying to mold him into something he isn't. Sheesh. This guy has the cojones to tell you upfront about how hot other girls are...instead of, you being in a relationship with him, you suspecting so, confronting him, he denying it, you becoming more enraged, then testing him more, he pushing back at your constant digging, etc. etc.

Don't make him the slave to a conceit that even you don't believe in (the myth of the good girl).

Relax, f^^^ him as you please, keep it straight with him and treat him with respect. You get what you really want without worrying about how his other actions reflect on your mythical and painful "princess" image.
Reply 6
Original post by fleesaurus
You can become another friend with benefit to him and nothing else, or you can move on and find a guy who's more of a relationship material. He's probably not the type who'll ever settle down for one woman.

well he's only young i'm sure he will ONE DAY obviously in the far future when i doubt i know him... i wouldn't be a friends with benefits with him.
Reply 7
Original post by masterfulprof
First, stop trying to mold him into something he isn't. Sheesh. This guy has the cojones to tell you upfront about how hot other girls are...instead of, you being in a relationship with him, you suspecting so, confronting him, he denying it, you becoming more enraged, then testing him more, he pushing back at your constant digging, etc. etc.

Don't make him the slave to a conceit that even you don't believe in (the myth of the good girl).

Relax, f^^^ him as you please, keep it straight with him and treat him with respect. You get what you really want without worrying about how his other actions reflect on your mythical and painful "princess" image.

ok????????????????? :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
well he's only young i'm sure he will ONE DAY obviously in the far future when i doubt i know him... i wouldn't be a friends with benefits with him.

Don't be 'sure' because there are guys who remain a player for life, never wanting to settle down. You probably don't want to be with him after he's 60+ years old anyway.
Reply 9
Original post by fleesaurus
Don't be 'sure' because there are guys who remain a player for life, never wanting to settle down. You probably don't want to be with him after he's 60+ years old anyway.

no i know i was just saying
Reply 10
bump
Reply 11
any other input people? xxx

Quick Reply