The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matty123
Beyond bad.

Thank God I don't do any exams from that board!
What exams do you do that is WJEC?
Can anyone give me advice/tips/hints etc please: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1995238

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 8342
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
are you sitting the exam too? it's my first ever GCSE exam (like it is for some) so i guess that makes me a bit extra nervous! thank you! :smile:

Yeah, I am :smile: ahh, I have history in the morning followed by this at 1:15 :/ lucky me!
Original post by justanotherindigo
Thank God I don't do any exams from that board!
What exams do you do that is WJEC?

English Language - Bad because it is all about matching thier mark scheme, not about the actual English lol. For example, in the reading section, if you don't track through the text in order then it will be hard to get above a B :confused:. Also one hour is simply not enough time to read the two texts and answer four long questions on them.

English Literature - Also bad because you are not given enough time, have to analyse and compare two unseen poems. Also many other exam boards allow you to bring in clean copies of studied texts into the exams. But not WJEC, which means that you have to remember lot's of quotes to get above a C.

GreenLantern1, would you liike to add anything else :P
Original post by Zigggyy.
Yeah, I am :smile: ahh, I have history in the morning followed by this at 1:15 :/ lucky me!

gosh, two essay subjects in one day! good luck! :smile: i've got both my history exams on the same day as my science papers in june! what kind of transformative piece are you guessing/hoping for it to be? isn't this exam at 13:30 or is my school just casually holding the exam 15 minutes later than yours?
Reply 8345
:JKSFYIACIYASGVADV
Sorry, so ******* stressed about tomorrow didn't know what else to say...
English Language - Bad because it is all about matching thier mark scheme, not about the actual English lol. For example, in the reading section, if you don't track through the text in order then it will be hard to get above a B :confused:. Also one hour is simply not enough time to read the two texts and answer four long questions on them.

English Literature - Also bad because you are not given enough time, have to analyse and compare two unseen poems. Also many other exam boards allow you to bring in clean copies of studied texts into the exams. But not WJEC, which means that you have to remember lot's of quotes to get above a C.

My days, you can't even have a copy of the text with you? Why would any school even pick this exam board?
Right guys, I've decided I'm restricting my activity levels of TSR! :frown: I spend way too much time chatting and browsing on here! :curious:

From now on, if any of you see me on TSR before 19:00, tell me bluntly to get revising. Just tell me straight! Be utterly persistent until I get off :biggrin:

Seeing as I've been on before 19:00 today, I'm going to go away and do some revisions for a while... :frown: ba'bye!
Original post by worsdall
:JKSFYIACIYASGVADV
Sorry, so ******* stressed about tomorrow didn't know what else to say...

what do you have?
Reply 8349
gosh, two essay subjects in one day! good luck! :smile: i've got both my history exams on the same day as my science papers in june! what kind of transformative piece are you guessing/hoping for it to be? isn't this exam at 13:30 or is my school just casually holding the exam 15 minutes later than yours?

ahaha, thaank you :') ouch haha, :/ After tomorrow, my exams are nicely spread out :') I'm hoping for a report, but I think it'll be a conversation/interview type thing which I hate! /: What about you? ahah, yeah it is, we take every exam 15 minutes earlier for some wacky reason :s-smilie: We probably won;t start until about half past though. :smile:

I am sure to say nothing more about AQA after reading this!:colondollar:
Reply 8351
CIE English Language... All my exams are this month... BUT WHY?!
ahaha, thaank you :') ouch haha, :/ After tomorrow, my exams are nicely spread out :') I'm hoping for a report, but I think it'll be a conversation/interview type thing which I hate! /: What about you? ahah, yeah it is, we take every exam 15 minutes earlier for some wacky reason :s-smilie: We probably won;t start until about half past though. :smile:

how many exams do you have? :smile: one of my friends said that for the past two years they did an interview! i'm hoping the text is a people's text, i like it more opposed to the focus being on the landscape. maybe a letter or a diary/journal! i feel a bit apprehensive about a report but hopefully that would be okay too! i know what you mean, it takes time to get settled and stuff! :smile: so i'm guessing you're aspiring for an A*? :smile: you give the impression of the kind of person who would be!
Original post by worsdall
CIE English Language... All my exams are this month... BUT WHY?!

join the club, i've got that paper. my first ever official exam in my life CIE English Language woop woop! oh gosh, that sounds bad, how many do you have?
Reply 8354
how many exams do you have? :smile: one of my friends said that for the past two years they did an interview! i'm hoping the text is a people's text, i like it more opposed to the focus being on the landscape. maybe a letter or a diary/journal! i feel a bit apprehensive about a report but hopefully that would be okay too! i know what you mean, it takes time to get settled and stuff! :smile: so i'm guessing you're aspiring for an A*? :smile: you give the impression of the kind of person who would be!

I've got 15 exams :') Ah, well hopefully the texts are nice, it always helps :wink: ahahaha! Seriously?! I guess so, it would be nice :') What about you? :smile:
Original post by sophie5
Oh my god theres actually other people doing the same rs syllabus as our school!
Apparently hardly anyone does the christianity stuff. How are you finding revision, the book is really useful! Good luck to you too! :wink:

Yup, i don't know what i would do without the book.:biggrin: Umm, revision's going good, i'm really nervous about my timing whilst i answer the questions though :/ My hand is really lazy and I tend to have 2 minute rests between questions.
I've got 15 exams :') Ah, well hopefully the texts are nice, it always helps :wink: ahahaha! Seriously?! I guess so, it would be nice :') What about you? :smile:

lucky! i've got 23 hahaha! my school leaves them all till the end of year 11! god yeah, have you done the practise paper about aunt pegg? i really enjoyed that one, she was a fun character! :smile: same answer as you! :smile: do you feel prepared for your exams tomorrow?
Reply 8357
Original post by Ptolemy001
Yup, i don't know what i would do without the book.:biggrin: Umm, revision's going good, i'm really nervous about my timing whilst i answer the questions though :/ My hand is really lazy and I tend to have 2 minute rests between questions.

Oh no, just make sure that you leave time at the end to check! Its the 8 mark questions that im most worried about though, i quite enjoy the 6 mark questions

ZIGGGYY!!!!

its been ages!!! How are you? :smile:
Reply 8359
lucky! i've got 23 hahaha! my school leaves them all till the end of year 11! god yeah, have you done the practise paper about aunt pegg? i really enjoyed that one, she was a fun character! :smile: same answer as you! :smile: do you feel prepared for your exams tomorrow?

Quite a few there! ;D Aunt pegg..ahaha noo, I havent :') Ah, good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile: Yeah, im sort of 80% ish for them ahaha. Better go and get this practice paper done, best of luck! :smile:

Latest