The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Hi to all of you!

I have been admitted to the LSE General Course and am currently searching which accommodation would match my requirements. I have read many forum and the student halls handbook but it is still unclear for me which hall I should choose.

I am looking for :
- a kitchen to cook my own lunches
- a personal bathroom
- not very far from the LSE (15-20minutes by foot max)

Any info or advice would be welcome :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I am gonna start undergrad this year hopefully so I can only speak for the undergrad 1st year options (they are bankside, high holborn, roseberry, passfield, carr saunders and northumberland), if you want your own/shared between a few kitchen that that will be High Holborn, the other's have shared fridges and stuff but you are sharing with a whole floor. Bankside has some kitchens to but from what I have heard not everyone get's them and their are waiting lists.

For an en-suite your only option is bankside, you either get your own toilet or you share with one other person. The rest don't have en-suites but according to my research the highest toilet : people ratio's are at HH, RB/CS and I haven;t done any research on the other two after I found that 1st year undergrads must share rooms.

All of them are withing 25 mins to LSE as they are of course LSE halls, the closest being HH I think.
Original post by Eliott
Hi to all of you!

I have been admitted to the LSE General Course and am currently searching which accommodation would match my requirements. I have read many forum and the student halls handbook but it is still unclear for me which hall I should choose.

I am looking for :
- a kitchen to cook my own lunches
- a personal bathroom
- not very far from the LSE (15-20minutes by foot max)

Any info or advice would be welcome :smile:

Hey! One of my flatmates here at High Holborn is a General Course student from UNC Chapel Hill, and he's made lots of friends in our hall. There is a huge amount of General Course students allocated to High Holborn, and we do have our own kitchens! Personal bathrooms go to those who have a shared room, and there aren't many of those, but even then you're sharing with someone else so you can't exactly call it "personal". However, I only have to share with 3 other people so it's really not too bad. We're also really close to LSE, about a 7 minute walk down Drury Lane to Kingsway.

Hope this helped, if you have any questions let me know! :smile:
Original post by avash27
Hey! One of my flatmates here at High Holborn is a General Course student from UNC Chapel Hill, and he's made lots of friends in our hall. There is a huge amount of General Course students allocated to High Holborn, and we do have our own kitchens! Personal bathrooms go to those who have a shared room, and there aren't many of those, but even then you're sharing with someone else so you can't exactly call it "personal". However, I only have to share with 3 other people so it's really not too bad. We're also really close to LSE, about a 7 minute walk down Drury Lane to Kingsway.

Hope this helped, if you have any questions let me know! :smile:

btw are you studying econ ?
Original post by member910132
btw are you studying econ ?

Nope, I study Politics and Philosophy but one of my good friends studies Econ :smile:
Guys, when I look at the LSE Bankside House, it states in the details the following:

'For 2012/13 academic year, the price of the accommodation will include 7 meals."

When I look at the overview of all residential halls, it states "rates include evening meals (Mon-Fri).

Could anyone please clarify this?

Also, what sizes are the single rooms approximately?
Reply 2246
Hello,
Does anyone know when Hallpad will inform us of our accommodations? Thanks in advance.
Anyone know which Halls are close to tennis courts?
Quick question, I'm on hallpad, and I'm checking as to whether I'm eligible to apply for accomodation, it asks me to put in my UCAS number and DoB, when I put my UCAS number in it says it isn't a valid UCAS number and UCAS number's are meant to be 9 digits long (mines 10)? Anyone else?
Original post by anil10100
Quick question, I'm on hallpad, and I'm checking as to whether I'm eligible to apply for accomodation, it asks me to put in my UCAS number and DoB, when I put my UCAS number in it says it isn't a valid UCAS number and UCAS number's are meant to be 9 digits long (mines 10)? Anyone else?

Have you tried the ID number LSE gave you ?
It's nice to see such a community of helpful colleagues!!

I am an international student (outside of europe) starting the MSc in Social Policy and Development program this October and deciding on housing as well.

Here are my priorities:
- private room with shared kitchen and bathroom (do we have to clean the bathroom ourselves? that's a big no as I've always had roommates and no one liked cleaning the bathroom)
- i want the option to cook occasionally but I would not cook more than once a week.
- no undergrads in my flat...
- close to school and nightlife. Walking distance preferred but ok with a short bus ride.
- no more than 140pounds per week...

Finally, when do I find out if i am offered housing?

Any thoughts?

Thank you so much!
Have you tried the ID number LSE gave you ?

Hm when did they give us this number? Can't seem to find it..
Reply 2252
I called the accommodation office and they said they would start giving out accommodation offers next week
Reply 2253

it should be in any email correspondence you've had from LSE?
Hey all I recently accepted my offer to study Msc. Accounting and Finance during Fall 2011.

I am trying to decide on accommodations. Do you think I should stick with LSE accommodations, or try and find private ones? I barely know anyone in London, so would like to be in a social situation conducive to forming friendships.

I have only lived in the U.S. all my life, so making the move across the Pond has been taking up some research and time.

Any suggestions on this whole painstaking, but somewhat celebratory, process would be much appreciated!

In the email the sent me an also in the offer pack I think, just give them an email about it.
Original post by ash112
it should be in any email correspondence you've had from LSE?

In the email the sent me an also in the offer pack I think, just give them an email about it.

Yeah thanks, got it now :smile:
Reply 2257
Hey, has anyone got a reply from accommodation yet? I applied pretty early but still haven't heard anything. We don't need to firm the school to get a reply right? I plan on firming but haven't got around to do it, for one reason or another.
Reply 2258
Offer for Nutford House! Anyone else going there?
Original post by Reggio
Offer for Nutford House! Anyone else going there?

Are you postgrad ?

Latest