The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarkson Controversy, again...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
stock-photo-happy-family-having-fun-outdoors-at-home-on-a-sunny-day-3273930.jpg

or

hqdefault.jpg

I know who the biggest threat is.
Terrorists with nice families have never blown themselves up? What if a family is coerced into carrying illegal materials? This happens ALL the time with drug trafficking. Are white people never terrorists? If they are, are we now going to let white people through but stop white males? What about female terrorists?

Racism carries too much history behind it. There have been countless genocides, colonialism, slavery, civil rights issues and so on, relating to racism so beyond the superficial racist jokes anything remotely serious like what Clarkson said will not go down well. You can't just tell 'coloured' people to take a chill pill.
Reply 62
I love Jeremy's sense of humour as do a lot of people i know. Some people just seem to take what he says way to literally and seriously. To all those people, take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy your lives instead of bringing everyone down. You'll enjoy life a lot more.
Reply 63
I don't really like him, but i kind of agree, people just look for an excuse to be offended these days.
Reply 64
Original post by AYE
Oh yea? So how does Mr Clarkson even try to differentiate a terrorist from a non terrorist if not based on how they look? He's obviously talking how Muslims, he just doesn't out right say it so when people point this out he/his fans can say he never mentioned Islam.

He's quite clearly not talking about Muslims. He said that "nice families returning from their holidays" could be waved through without checking.

I don't see where you're getting this Muslim idea from?

It's not like you can tell if someone's a Muslim or not from the way they look, either.
Reply 65
Original post by M4LLY
I love Jeremy's sense of humour as do a lot of people i know. Some people just seem to take what he says way to literally and seriously. To all those people, take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy your lives instead of bringing everyone down. You'll enjoy life a lot more.

He can be funny, but sometimes he's one of those people who say stuff that they think will be taken as funny by less intelligent people and get a buzz from the laughter of the stupid - at other times, he says things under the guise of humour that are actually just nasty remarks. He does the latter quite a lot during the show and sometimes I really wish James would just hit him or something.
Reply 66
Original post by Architecture-er
People are ****ing stupid..

It's not racism Clarkson is meaning, it's discrimination. The police already discriminate when they're stopping random people based on their clothes or the state of their car etc.

/QUOTE]

There are legal requirements as to the state of your car, so that is not discrimination.
Original post by arebours

There are legal requirements as to the state of your car, so that is not discrimination.

How about when it's a really nice car being driven in a crappy neighbourhood? Police will profile that car and stop it as well, in case it's been stolen
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 68
[QUOTE="Architecture-er;37467657"]

How about when it's a really nice car being driven in a crappy neighbourhood? Police will profile that car and stop it as well, in case it's been stolen

I think that has more to do with arising natural suspicions. A very nice car in a crappy neighborhood is out of the ordinary and it would be unnatural for a policeman not to be curious.

Whereas, an Asian travelmaker is very much a normal occurrence.

I think that has more to do with arising natural suspicions. A very nice car in a crappy neighborhood is out of the ordinary and it would be unnatural for a policeman not to be curious.

Whereas, an Asian travelmaker is very much a normal occurrence.

That doesn't change the fact that the majority of policing is based, fundamentally, on vetting a populace based on probabilities, and using that to work more efficiently. Which is what Clarkson is suggesting, and what everyone's kicking a stink up over, as if we don't already do it.
Reply 70
Original post by Architecture-er
That doesn't change the fact that the majority of policing is based, fundamentally, on vetting a populace based on probabilities, and using that to work more efficiently. Which is what Clarkson is suggesting, and what everyone's kicking a stink up over, as if we don't already do it.

Ah yes I agree.

That people are kicking up this fuss has more to do with the way Clarkson articulates his views. And the way he articulates his views has a lot to do with selling his books.
Oh Jeremy :rolleyes:
Reply 72
Ah yes I agree.

That people are kicking up this fuss has more to do with the way Clarkson articulates his views. And the way he articulates his views has a lot to do with selling his books.

Yes, he probably has something new coming out soon - Private Eye did a piece on him where they showed that each time he makes some superficially crass piece of public loud-mouthing, he is selling something or launching something soon afterwards.
Original post by ras90
stock-photo-happy-family-having-fun-outdoors-at-home-on-a-sunny-day-3273930.jpg

or

hqdefault.jpg

I know who the biggest threat is.

The family? I bet those kids are evil.
Jeremy Clarkson - what a hero
I don't know whats worse, the idiots who think he should be sacked from the BBC, or the idiots over on the Daily Nazi website that think the government should actually carry out what he said.
Reply 76
Not only is what he said racist, its also mindbogglingly stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending