The Student Room Group

Was this too far?

First off, **** anonymity.

I came across an ex of mine a few days ago, at which point she burst into tears. This has since been bugging me.

Let me explain. I was dating her last year. It had been going well (as far as I was aware), and a few months in she went out into town with friends. I asked her to text me when she got back home so I knew she was safe, and told her to enjoy herself.

I didn't get a text. At the time I wasn't bothered, thought she must have forgotten. I eventually recieve a text the next day telling me it was over. I pressed a friend of hers and found out she'd cheated. Needless to say, I was devastated.

A couple of months later, I recieve a text off her. She said she'd made a mistake, and wanted to get back with me.

I didn't reply strait away. My eventual reply was a video of a girl with me at my place kissing.

So TSRians, was this response justified, or incredibly harsh? To clear it up before its asked, I've never done anything like this before or since (I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I was livid), and the video was shot after she asked to get back with me, not while I was with her.

I look forward to the abuse you'll be dishing out.

tl;dr: Got dumped by text, she'd cheated, I was devastated, she texts me wanting to get back, I reply with video of me and another girl kissing.
Reply 1
Was the video made with the sole intention of baiting this girl? Or was it more a drunk-at-a-house-party sort of recording?
Reply 2
Original post by Malkmus
Was the video made with the sole intention of baiting this girl? Or was it more a drunk-at-a-house-party sort of recording?

The latter.
Reply 3
Ahaha, excellent, a good show of the stones every man should possess! Quality response! Something she won't forget for quite some time.
Reply 4
It was a fairly dick move but, to be honest, she doesn't sound a particularly model human being herself - dumping you via text, letting you find out through her mate she cheated on you etc. so my sympathy is limited.

In any regard, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. It was done in anger and I'm sure she'll get over it.
Reply 5
Well hopefully she'll have learnt that cheating on somebody and expecting forgiveness does not yield good results.
Reply 6
Original post by Malkmus
It was a fairly dick move but, to be honest, she doesn't sound a particularly model human being herself - dumping you via text, letting you find out through her mate she cheated on you etc. so my sympathy is limited.

In any regard, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. It was done in anger and I'm sure she'll get over it.

Thats why I posted, its been a year and she's burst into tears at the sight of me.

But your right, I never lost sleep on this, and I have no time for cheats.

Original post by Teabo
Well hopefully she'll have learnt that cheating on somebody and expecting forgiveness does not yield good results.

Would be nice to have some positive out of it I guess.
Nice one!

Nothing threatens the sexual order more than a male who, having been dumped, attracts other girls immediately and makes out with them in view of the first girl.

This does something very primitive to females...remember, their collective minds determine a man's attraction by the degree to which OTHER WOMEN find him attractive. They all do this, and they can't help themselves any more than a male can help looking at cleavage in front of him.

This gives the lie to the idiotic female-propagated myth that somehow, males are more drooling, instinctual and primitive-brain driven than females. Nonsense. Females are controlled by their own base impulses but they have a socially easier time camouflaging them.
Reply 8
I 100% agree with this. Well played sir. Sounds like she deserved it and I like making people miserable
Reply 9
Original post by Dubs_ski
I 100% agree with this. Well played sir. Sounds like she deserved it and I like making people miserable

You like making people miserable?

Can't say I agree with 99.9% of people, this was a bit of a one-off. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a big softie. She brought out the worse in (a slightly tipsy) me.

Thanks for the replies none the less. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending