The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caitykinss
We're supposed to be receiving our emails between now and Friday - has anybody got theirs today?

Got mine a short while ago. :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I've just received mine too! It was in my Junk folder!
Reply 2102
Original post by catrinasheep
are you kidding? there's loads of places to go out!

asylum, welly, fusion, sugar mill, piper, spiders the list goes on.

lol sugar and asylum.
We're supposed to be receiving our emails between now and Friday - has anybody got theirs today?

I've just recieved my email. I got worried because I checked earlier and couldn't find it. :s-smilie: Ill have to decide my 3 choices now before wednesday :colondollar:
Reply 2104
Hi please could someone advise me on the best place to stay for a first year student nurse? I've been looking at both Taylor Court Flats and Student Houses and I would really appreciate some advice on the best place to stay.

I want to bring my car so parking would be great and I'm worried that if I live in a student house in my first year I'll miss out on the social aspect of uni. I would have loved to of lived in halls, but due to the short contract I don't think its an option for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you :-)
Original post by Samus2
lol sugar and asylum.

What's wrong with sugar?! :O
Original post by gingeramy22
I'm hopefully looking to get into Twaite hall, the place I stayed on the summer school. The rooms are a good size if you get a medium upwards and the grounds are beautiful.:smile: Also I'm drawn to Twaite as it is catered, I can cook but I don't think cooking is big on my list of priorities when I get there, making friends and just planting my feet on the floor is what I want to be doing :biggrin: where are you looking to stay??

Thwaite did tempt me (especially because of the Steinway piano they have there), but I've got my heart set on the Lawns. I just love how many students there are there, and it'll force me to use my bike to cycle to uni. :P

Original post by Keckers
Really?

In that case you'll probably consider Hull an amazing night out.

I hope so! I'm not hard to please when it comes to clubs mind, I'm more focused on who's with me and what we're doing rather than where I am. :smile:

Yup, I got mine at about half five today, and I'm all signed up! :biggrin: My mam's making me do the accommodation at 7am next Wednesday so she can be there, even though I could just as easily do it at school. :') Have you got yours since you posted this? :smile:
Reply 2107
Original post by Katie (:
What's wrong with sugar?! :O

Overpriced, bad music and just a general rubbish place! It's better than Pozition at least!
Reply 2108
Original post by Reo18
Hi please could someone advise me on the best place to stay for a first year student nurse? I've been looking at both Taylor Court Flats and Student Houses and I would really appreciate some advice on the best place to stay.

I want to bring my car so parking would be great and I'm worried that if I live in a student house in my first year I'll miss out on the social aspect of uni. I would have loved to of lived in halls, but due to the short contract I don't think its an option for me.

Taylor court is mainly international students. I'd recommend a student house... you'll still meet people, maybe join a sport or society. I've met some of my best friends through my sport! I was in a house this year and it's not so bad!
Original post by Samus2
Overpriced, bad music and just a general rubbish place! It's better than Pozition at least!

Someone's hard to please :tongue:
Reply 2110
Original post by Keckers
Someone's hard to please :tongue:

No...! Just not Pozition... I can deal with Sugar if I don't go often.
Reply 2111
Original post by _RobynMeadwell
Is Lambert en-suite? :smile:

Lambert Blocks D and E are. When you apply for accommodation you have preferences like en-suite, non-smoking etc so you don't actually chose the Hall, you choose the range of Halls that cater for your needs in the hope you get into one of those.

Original post by j0ker
Yes 2 playing cod! I saw it in the background, dont talk back unless your k/d is more than 2

2.14 my friend.
Original post by Samus2
No...! Just not Pozition... I can deal with Sugar if I don't go often.

I hate sugar.

Love me a bit of welly though.
Reply 2113
Original post by Keckers
I hate sugar.

Love me a bit of welly though.

Welly's my favourite place... I just love it... the cheap alcohol, good music. You do Hockey right? Do you know Ash?
Original post by Samus2
Welly's my favourite place... I just love it... the cheap alcohol, good music. You do Hockey right? Do you know Ash?

I think I overdid welly in the first semester to be honest. Yeah 'course I know Ash
Reply 2115
Original post by Keckers
I think I overdid welly in the first semester to be honest. Yeah 'course I know Ash

Yeah...
Ash is lovely!
Original post by DoubleNegative
Yup, I got mine at about half five today, and I'm all signed up! :biggrin: My mam's making me do the accommodation at 7am next Wednesday so she can be there, even though I could just as easily do it at school. :') Have you got yours since you posted this? :smile:

I have, it was hiding in my junk folder! I'm doing mine at 7am on Wednesday too as I want to make sure I get an en-suite room. I really don't think I could share a bathroom, I'm far too private.
Reply 2117
Original post by Samus2
Taylor court is mainly international students. I'd recommend a student house... you'll still meet people, maybe join a sport or society. I've met some of my best friends through my sport! I was in a house this year and it's not so bad!

Okay thank you :-)

Do all of the student houses have shared bathrooms or are there any that are en-suite? Also does anyone know what the parking is like for those living in student houses?
Reply 2118
Original post by Reo18
Okay thank you :-)

Do all of the student houses have shared bathrooms or are there any that are en-suite? Also does anyone know what the parking is like for those living in student houses?

I don't live in the university owned hoses but I'll try and answer your question :smile:

As far as I'm aware, there all shared bathrooms. Some have a sink in the room and the rooms are generally quite large.
The university owned houses are 5 minute max walk from the uni.
Parking is generally good... You can actually park behind the houses aswell...
Original post by Reo18

I am definitely going for student houses. My sister graduates from Hull this year and she thoroughly recommends the Lawns for first years because of the social side. I am more concerned by the distance to uni myself and really want to be closer. I am quite outgoing so I am sure I will make friends easily, whether through house sharing or through joining societies, etc.

I think the accommodation site is likely to crash on Wednesday morning because everybody is going to be wanting to log in at the same time but let's hope it doesn't. My sister's experience (and that of her peers) with first year accommodation was that just because you apply as soon as you possibly can there is absolutely no guarantee that you will get your first or even second choice as some accommodation (ie, Nicholson) is massively oversubscribed. It would appear that if you go for Nicholson (Lawns, en-suite self catered) and then apply, as a second choice, for an en-suite semi or fully catered room at the Lawns that you may well end up with a non-en suite semi or fully catered room in the Lawns or in a house, whether you want one or not. This is because if loads of people choose Lawns en-suite as a first choice, they are going to get preference for these above those who put Nicholson as a first choice so the Nicholson first choice applicants move further down the list if they don't get Nicholson.

Gosh, I have waffled, sorry.

Guess we will all have a great time wherever we end up living.

Quick Reply

Latest