The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simon Adebisi

Ten year anniversary

Lin's back for the next game against the Heat. Remembering what Chalmers and the double team did to him the last time they played brings tears to my eyes.
Original post by Jingers

Lin's back for the next game against the Heat. Remembering what Chalmers and the double team did to him the last time they played brings tears to my eyes.

Says hes unlikely to play? Mike woodson say he isnt banking on Lin being there either doubt they will risk him.
Reply 2402
Lin wont play because at the moment he will get a big contract offer off the Nets and maybe a few others at the start of free agency and if he comes out and aggravates his injury/is terrible then he jeapordises that, it makes no sense for him to play gvien he was so bad last time against the heat
Tonight looks like a good night of games! If I do enough revision this evening I might watch the first half of Boston-Atlanta
Oh my lord, the swag levels are off the scale.

:rofl:

Wilt McGee really wants that 14 million dollars
lol

Reply 2407
Dwade what a WUM :rofl:
Reply 2408
Javale Mcgee beasting Bynum like he's his bitch.

Tbh, I'm kind of sad his Jafail moments are almost behind him, but at least people will stop talking about him lol.

And D-Wade lol.
Let us pray.
Original post by Jingers
Let us pray.

Going to need more than a prayer TBH.
I didn't know this thread existed! Last nights game was painful to watch.

Original post by Jingers

I pissed myself laughing when he did that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Knicks got their first playoff win in 10+ years, so I guess this season can only be seen as a success. Clearly the Melo trade paid off...
Reply 2414
In a superstar driven league you gotta get them anyway you can unfortunately for the Knicks Amare is ****ed and they had to pay too much to get Chandler and now that group will be stuck together for a few more years losing in the first round every year most likely.Amare is pretty much untradable with his max deal and Chandler would be difficult to move too
Original post by alexsong
In a superstar driven league you gotta get them anyway you can unfortunately for the Knicks Amare is ****ed and they had to pay too much to get Chandler and now that group will be stuck together for a few more years losing in the first round every year most likely.Amare is pretty much untradable with his max deal and Chandler would be difficult to move too

I disagree. Spurs, Grizzlies, Pacers etc. all have no superstars and are vastly better teams than the Knicks. The Knicks GM was strongly against the the Melo trade because he knew they would be screwing up their future if the chemistry between Melo and Amare didn't work out, but it was forced by the owner, probably in an effort to sell more tickets. Also Melo is not a "superstar" in terms of his game, he's just a good scorer, sort of like Joe Johnson. The Knicks ****ed themselves.
The Knicks have been plagued by injury...

JR Smith possibly might not come back. I'm not sure how to feel about that. He's really streaky, poor decision making and he does **** **** up but when he's hot he's hot.
If Woodson told JR to play off the ball off the ball instead of isoing it would have been better for New York
Reply 2418
Original post by BigFudamental
I disagree. Spurs, Grizzlies, Pacers etc. all have no superstars and are vastly better teams than the Knicks. The Knicks GM was strongly against the the Melo trade because he knew they would be screwing up their future if the chemistry between Melo and Amare didn't work out, but it was forced by the owner, probably in an effort to sell more tickets. Also Melo is not a "superstar" in terms of his game, he's just a good scorer, sort of like Joe Johnson. The Knicks ****ed themselves.

Maybe substitute the word superstar for elite then and the point stands that you need players of Melos ilk to win its just the Knicks roster is a mess now and cant really co exist and they are basically locked in with the three big contracts Melo, Amare and Chandler for another 2 years. To get the best out of Melo he needs a good floor general at the point to regulate his touches a bit like Chauncey used to and like what happens when he plays with Team USA but the Knicks don't have that player maybe they can look at Felton or Nash in free agency ?
Original post by alexsong

Problem is Melo and Amare aren't superstars. Melo is a top 3 pure scorer in the league, but he's the ultimate ball stopper in an offensive system, add this into the fact he plays no defense, he's not a superstar. Needs to have the whole offense built around him playing extensive iso to work.

Amare has never been a superstar, again, a good scorer, but because of his game, needs the offense to be built around him playing P&R/P&P with a good ball handler, which generally means a lack of post presence. Below average rebounder and a poor defender. And he's now worse than he was a few years back due to injuries.

Latest