The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by icesally
Hi I've firmed for ancient history at Nottingham and will be in the Hugh Stewart Halls (grades permitting). Thought it would be nice to pop on this thread and say hi :smile:

Another Hu-Stuer! Hi!

What room have you been given?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
Another Hu-Stuer! Hi!

What room have you been given?

Naw, I didn't get into HughStu! I got a shared ensuite in Willoughby hall which is really far from classes! What kind of room did you get?
Starting in September to do Adult Nursing! Had a nightmare with accommodation but finally decided on Rayleigh Park :smile: so excited!
Reply 783
Original post by sophieockenden
Starting in September to do Adult Nursing! Had a nightmare with accommodation but finally decided on Rayleigh Park :smile: so excited!

Hi, how come the uni have already sent you an acommodation offer, when theyve sent me an email saying that ill be offered an acommodation within five working days after 17th August ?? (I applied for accomodation about 3 weeks ago ..)
Original post by sirage94
Hi, how come the uni have already sent you an acommodation offer, when theyve sent me an email saying that ill be offered an acommodation within five working days after 17th August ?? (I applied for accomodation about 3 weeks ago ..)

Maybe it's because the room type you chose is no longer available? So they need to wait until after people get their results (and maybe not meet their grades) before a room opens up for you? I'm not too sure about this, just a guess.
Reply 785
I've firmed for Adult Nursing at Nottingham and i have no clue about accommodation because my course is 44/45 weeks. Help?
Reply 786
Original post by Sampanther101
Firmed Notts for Adult nursing :smile: got an offer of a place at Raleigh Park in Sillitoe Court :biggrin: xx

I've firmed for Adult nursing too :biggrin: I'm not sure where to apply for accommodation, help?
Original post by icesally
Hi I've firmed for ancient history at Nottingham and will be in the Hugh Stewart Halls (grades permitting). Thought it would be nice to pop on this thread and say hi :smile:

Hey, I've firmed for Ancient History and Archaeology so we'll probably share some classes :smile: I'm in Willoughby though
Any philosophy firmers? I fot Florence Boot hall
Original post by oliviagunapalan
What events do they have during Freshers? :biggrin:
Each day there will be fancy dress themed club nights. During the day there will be non drinking events, for example comedy evening or day trips to say Alton Towers. There will be something for everyone don't you worry! :smile:
Hugh Stewart for Law! :biggrin:
Original post by et cetera
Hugh Stewart for Law! :biggrin:

The Hu-Stu family is slowly and steadily building up ;D
Original post by simon.h
Me too, it's great to have found somebody else doing the same course!! Are you going for halls or private accommodation? :smile:

Yeah its always nice to know someone before!! im going into halls, Raleigh Park :biggrin: you?
Original post by hannah.green93
Hey, I just wondered, when you firmed Notts, did you find out whether you were in Nottingham or the Derby campus? cus im really confused about the Derby campus haha.

I don't want to be there and I want to apply for accommodation in Nottingham.
I didn't know if we found out where we were or we just assumed we were in Nottingham unless we'd been told otherwise?

Defo nottingham :smile: Erm well i think when you applied through UCAS and put the campus code in, there was the option of putting the derby or notts campus. So if you made sure you put the notts campus code in im sure you've got a place there :smile: id email them just to double check though if your worried.
Original post by sophieockenden

woo im doing adult nursing too and staying in Raleigh Park! so glad to find someone hahahaha x
child nursing me :smile: and St Peter's Court xx
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
The Hu-Stu family is slowly and steadily building up ;D

Lucky buggers, Hugh Stewart hall is the closest to Portland building :rolleyes:
I'm typing this from a shared bathroom room in Lenton and Wortley, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by karateworm
I'm typing this from a shared bathroom room in Lenton and Wortley, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:

That's my first choice, so whats the bathroom and room like, give us your opinion? on a scale from 'Crack Den' being the lowest to 10 haha
Salute and Respect!
Original post by AmeenRevoluton
That's my first choice, so whats the bathroom and room like, give us your opinion? on a scale from 'Crack Den' being the lowest to 10 haha
Salute and Respect!

Pretty alright. My cold tap is a bit weak and the shower takes a bit of time to warm up, but they're pretty good :smile:. It gets cleaned once every two weeks, which is good.

Only real downside is that it has an automatic light that detects movement, but if you're sat on the bog... it plunges you into darkness after 2 minutes :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending