The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Please can anyone help?

My son applied for medicine this year but got 4 rejections. He was rejected from Newcastle post interview :frown: . He really liked Newcastle so would like to apply there again for entry in 2013 (UKCAT permitting).

Is there anybody on the thread who is a second time applicant to Newcastle and has received an offer this time? I would really appreciate a response if you are. Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
has anybody that applied for feedback on their app received it yet?
Does Newcastle run a offer holders open day? Thanks
Original post by UKCATmachine
Does Newcastle run a offer holders open day? Thanks

They do.

You should have received all the info when you had your offer letter in the post.

I'm going to an open day this coming Wednesday for the graduate applicant offer holders. I think the 5 year applicant open days may be under way - pretty sure one was last week and there's another one that was either the week before or is on the 25th.
Original post by Pick up the pieces
Please can anyone help?

My son applied for medicine this year but got 4 rejections. He was rejected from Newcastle post interview :frown: . He really liked Newcastle so would like to apply there again for entry in 2013 (UKCAT permitting).

Is there anybody on the thread who is a second time applicant to Newcastle and has received an offer this time? I would really appreciate a response if you are. Thanks

I am a third time applicant an I got an offer this year, so tell him not to lose hope, it can be done! :smile:
Original post by sparkle1484
I am a third time applicant an I got an offer this year, so tell him not to lose hope, it can be done! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer - you must be so happy!!!! :smile:

Thank you for responding to my request. Your story is fantastic and will give my son hope.

Good luck at med school. I'm sure your wait will only make the experience even more rewarding.

I notice that you are a graduate on your posts. Please can you advise how long it is since you've finished your degree as my son will be taking his 3rd gap year next year (didn't decide he wanted to do medicine until on his 1st gap year). Many thanks.
Original post by Pick up the pieces
I notice that you are a graduate on your posts. Please can you advise how long it is since you've finished your degree as my son will be taking his 3rd gap year next year (didn't decide he wanted to do medicine until on his 1st gap year). Many thanks.

Thanks :smile: I finished my degree in 2010, and have been working as a HCA since then
FIRMING NEWCASTLE!!!!! yay yay :party:
Reply 1928
Original post by Metastasis
FIRMING NEWCASTLE!!!!! yay yay :party:

Yay! Just a random question, in your sig you've put one AAA offer as your firm and another as your insurance... I didn't know you could do that, I thought your insurance had to be lower than your firm :confused:?
Original post by loz876
Yay! Just a random question, in your sig you've put one AAA offer as your firm and another as your insurance... I didn't know you could do that, I thought your insurance had to be lower than your firm :confused:?

Hey :smile: I think it is possible, to be honest I haven't firmed it yet because my parents want me to think about it first. But I read on the UCAS website that you can put even one with higher grades as your insurance and the lower one as your firm (like AAA for insurance and AAB for firm).

But anyway, Newcastle is still my first choice :wink:
Reply 1930
Original post by Metastasis
Hey :smile: I think it is possible, to be honest I haven't firmed it yet because my parents want me to think about it first. But I read on the UCAS website that you can put even one with higher grades as your insurance and the lower one as your firm (like AAA for insurance and AAB for firm).

But anyway, Newcastle is still my first choice :wink:

ooh right that's weird, I always thought your insurance had to have lower grades, it seems to make sense that way haha!
Reply 1931
Seeing as the thread has been kinda quiet as of late, and it's close to the time of people firming up, I thought I'd just leave this here again... https://www.facebook.com/groups/381347678544606/
Reply 1932
Does anyone know when the Newcastle summer term ends? I'd really like to visit the uni when there's life, but I missed the open days due to illness and consequently haven't really had a good look around!
Anyone know when the exam periods for 1st year GEM students is? (a rough idea at least)

(I'm just being uber organised and pencilling in weekends to travel to see my bf in Birmingham over the next 12 months!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Woohoo!! Accommodation offer! Castle Court 05A XD
Original post by POWCATTY

Are you on the facebook group, someone on there is 06a
Reply 1936
Original post by POWCATTY

Hey when did you apply for castle court and when did you hear back?
Its just that ive applied at castle court too :-)
Reply 1937
Did you get an email through? I haven't heard anything yet :frown:
Original post by Steerforth
Are you on the facebook group, someone on there is 06a

yeah i am. we were trying to figure out how the system went and whether we'd be neighbours lol
Original post by kubs
Hey when did you apply for castle court and when did you hear back?
Its just that ive applied at castle court too :-)

i applied 7/3 and i heard yesterday (when i posted). mines an unconditional offer though. Good luck!!! hope you hear soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending