The Student Room Group

Cambridge further education summer school 2012

There probibaly is already a thread about this but I couldn't find one so here it goes. A long story made short, I applied to the sutton trust summer school to do chemistry and got a letter saying that I wasn't really suitable to go (as one of my parents went to uni and Leyland isn't really classed as deprived). It then said that they however would like me to come to the fe summer school to do the same subject.

My question is, does that mean I'll be doing bio or physical sciences there (as I would like to eventually do chemical engineering for a degree) ?

BTW, who else has been accepted to it ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So who's been give a place then? :biggrin:
Reply 2
is this the FE summer school? then yes!
Reply 3
Cool, what you doing?
Reply 4
erm.. physical sciences i think?
Reply 5
I think I'll be doing biological, but I'm going to email them to see if I can do physical.
I'm doing Biological, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go as I have something medicine related (Yah I one of those) and I will have to check the dates don't collide. if they do then i will be doing the medicine related thing instead.
Reply 7
Yep, doing Physical Sciences now, anyone else?
Reply 8
Original post by Avenged616
Yep, doing Physical Sciences now, anyone else?

how do you confirm? Because nothing said in my letter what i was doing....
Reply 9
I just emailed thepersob saying whether I could do Physical rather than Biological sciences and they emailed back saying it is fine. I'm sure if you just emailed them to ask to do what you want then they'll probibally arrange it for you to do that subject :wink:
Reply 10
There probibaly is already a thread about this but I couldn't find one so here it goes. A long story made short, I applied to the sutton trust summer school to do chemistry and got a letter saying that I wasn't really suitable to go (as one of my parents went to uni and Leyland isn't really classed as deprived). It then said that they however would like me to come to the fe summer school to do the same subject.

My question is, does that mean I'll be doing bio or physical sciences there (as I would like to eventually do chemical engineering for a degree) ?

BTW, who else has been accepted to it ?

When did you get a letter? I still haven't received anything!
Reply 11
Original post by Bresh
When did you get a letter? I still haven't received anything!

Late april, but that was the letter for the sutton trust saying I can go on this. If you applied dircetly to the FE summer school then I recon that letters have not been sent yet as they changed my course very easily when I asked, so I recon that people have not been set to courses yet. Although saying that it is still probibally best to just email them :wink:
Reply 12
Anyone got a email replying to them about it yet? I thought we were supposed to get something by June 1st.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
I got mine recently
I have got a place for this :smile: biological sciences anyone?
Reply 15
Anyone Physical. Or anyone traveling from the Leyland-Preston-ish area?
Reply 16
Anyone Physical. Or anyone traveling from the Leyland-Preston-ish area?

I have, I'll be from Preston.
Reply 17
Might see you on the way there :smile:
So is anyone else going on this? It's getting quite close now and I haven't had my train tickets through :smile:

I'm staying at Newnham college, which is funny because it's an all girls college and I'm not a girl :teehee:
Reply 19
Well they e-mailed me to say they're running late on the tickets and mine would get here on monday. And I'm at newnham too, lets keep this to ourselves :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest