The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maths_Lover
Today, while returning from my piano lesson, I saw a primary rainbow along with its secondary rainbow and it cheered me up to no end. I took pictures (from the car), of course. :ahee:

If you look really closely, you can see the secondary rainbow to the right of the primary rainbow - it was much more vivid in life:

Now that I have seen one in real life, my life = complete. :love:

/goofyness (goofiness?)

:K: Those are amazing :biggrin: Where was that?
Original post by Llewellyn
:K: Those are amazing :biggrin: Where was that?

Thanks. :biggrin: I like taking photos of things like that.

We were driving back from my sister and I's piano lessons - East of England. :smile:
Original post by Maths_Lover
Thanks. :biggrin: I like taking photos of things like that.

We were driving back from my sister and I's piano lessons - East of England. :smile:

Oh cool, that explains why you don't see more rainbows I suppose :smile: Piano lessons? :yep: I approve!

If anyone doesn't know that physics is the best subject, take a look at this:

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Physics is the best :yep:
Oh cool, that explains why you don't see more rainbows I suppose :smile: Piano lessons? :yep: I approve!

Astronomy!! :love:

I have seen that before - it came up on an astronomy documentary I watched a while back. Physics is amazing. :sogood:
Reply 1025
Original post by Etoile

How pointless :lol:
I have a German essay due the first day of my exams, when I have three exams totalling 5 hours... fortunately that means I will miss the lesson :lol:

I think it's called exam leave now though, to differentiate between the two. Ouch....I don't think I have a day with more than one exam on. It'm Lucky! YOu'll be fine though!
Reply 1026
Original post by wcp100
I think it's called exam leave now though, to differentiate between the two. Ouch....I don't think I have a day with more than one exam on. It'm Lucky! YOu'll be fine though!

Ahhh cool. I REALLY want to skip some lessons on Monday/Tuesday to revise, but the library will be packed and no way will my parents let me stay home :/
Lucky thing :tongue: It's going to be awful, but over soon! I'm looking at the bright side - I have 7 exams and that will make nearly half of them over in one fell swoop :colone:
Activity? :colone:

Two days ago, Ben was 9. Next year, Ben will be 12. How is this possible?

Why can't 324758968296839740179037486257966068126347825468152479364863256328500000 possibly be a the value of 60 factorial? without doing the calculation.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1028
Original post by Etoile
Ahhh cool. I REALLY want to skip some lessons on Monday/Tuesday to revise, but the library will be packed and no way will my parents let me stay home :/
Lucky thing :tongue: It's going to be awful, but over soon! I'm looking at the bright side - I have 7 exams and that will make nearly half of them over in one fell swoop :colone:

Aren't you revising in lessons?
Yeh. I feel like I peeked a few weeks ago though. Whilst mine drag on, late into june. Damn general studies!

Two days ago, Ben was 9. Next year, Ben will be 11. How is this possible?

He went into a time machine to troll the world :colone:
Original post by chickenonsteroids
He went into a time machine to troll the world :colone:

:eek3:How did you know!?!?!:gasp:
:eek3:How did you know!?!?!:gasp:

:smug:
Reply 1032

Why can't 324758968296839740179037486257966068126347825468152479364863256328500000 possibly be a the value of 60 factorial? without doing the calculation.

By doing the calc do you mean finding 60!. I mean it isn't divisible by 59 shown by calc which proves it.
Reply 1033
Original post by wcp100
Aren't you revising in lessons?
Yeh. I feel like I peeked a few weeks ago though. Whilst mine drag on, late into june. Damn general studies!

Yeah, but I revise better at home, I find classrooms really distracting - particularly my maths class because I sit with my friends and we consider 5 questions in a 70 minute lesson productive :tongue: And maths is the one that needs the most work :facepalm2:
I get bored in languages too, the grammar stuff is too easy and all the past papers are really similar :/
That sucks! Do you have to revise for that though?

It's his birthday today?
Original post by Etoile

I get bored in languages too, the grammar stuff is too easy and all the past papers are really similar :facepalm2:

:colonhash: :colonhash:
Original post by wcp100
By doing the calc do you mean finding 60!. I mean it isn't divisible by 59 shown by calc which proves it.

I mean, by not doing any calculations at all.

Original post by Etoile

It's his birthday today?

Not necessarily, but perhaps. :holmes: 2 days...

Edit: I messed up that question :facepalm: Ben was 9 two days ago, he will be 12 next year
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1036
Original post by chickenonsteroids
:colonhash: :colonhash:

I dropped a mark in French today though, I was really annoyed because I forgot that avouer is to confess...kind of threw off the whole meaning :facepalm2:
But yeah, I'm the only person in my German class who understands cases and the subjunctive. I do the exercises while she is still explaining them :lol:
Reply 1037
I mean, by not doing any calculations at all.

Not necessarily, but perhaps. :holmes: 2 days...

Today or yesterday was his birthday then :tongue:
Reply 1038
Original post by Etoile
Yeah, but I revise better at home, I find classrooms really distracting - particularly my maths class because I sit with my friends and we consider 5 questions in a 70 minute lesson productive :tongue: And maths is the one that needs the most work :facepalm2:
I get bored in languages too, the grammar stuff is too easy and all the past papers are really similar :/
That sucks! Do you have to revise for that though?

That's true for me as well.
Sush I struggled with languages.
Original post by Etoile
Today or yesterday was his birthday then :tongue:

See my edit. I'm such a moron for messing up so many of my questions :emo:

You're along the right lines already.

Latest