The Student Room Group

How to get a body like these guys ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rossshaw
Also, I wouldn't say you QUITE have their body. I mean, they are still a bit bulkier than you. But yeah, close. Mine is similar. My body fat is a little lower right now though. It's creeping up slowly though..

Aye, I'd guess at 185 or so I'd be on par with them. I slacked for about 3 months in that year I quoted, probably enough to put on the extra 9lbs. But I doubt OP would be starting from where I was anyway. I was way below recommended BMI, and my bodyfat can't have been more than 7%. He may have an even easier ride.
Gym (:
Reply 62
Original post by Lamps08
I could easily get it though.

Get it then

Original post by Aisha~~
Aye, I'd guess at 185 or so I'd be on par with them. I slacked for about 3 months in that year I quoted, probably enough to put on the extra 9lbs. But I doubt OP would be starting from where I was anyway. I was way below recommended BMI, and my bodyfat can't have been more than 7%. He may have an even easier ride.

Yeah, Im weighing in at 75.5kg roughly these days, but that's during the day. I'd like to do it in the morning but I have no scales at uni... Haha, don't slack, work hard and get gains :p:. I was weighing in at 9stone 13 roughly when i started but my first year wasn't too great because I was living off family food. A lot of my gain have come at uni.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
Get it then

I got a messed up right foot, the right side of my body is all out of alignment it seems from my pelvis- it sucks, but i'm gonna try. In 3 months time i'll be wedge(?). (?)
Original post by Zangoose
An unimpressive array of 'buff' White guys with skinny legs and spray-tanned abs. Why would you want to be like any of them?

They are the male equivalent of those skinny, bleached-blond, caked on make-up, fake tanned and shapeless crackwhores who are idolised by the media for their 'beauty'.

Get a life -- or better, find your own swag instead of being a sheep.

Firstly what does being white have to do with having a body like that? I can see a black man close to the entrance in the picture. And swag has nothing to do with this since the men are nearly naked in the picture.
Reply 65
Original post by lowri
Seriously, not all girls like this look.
I mean, I would far prefer a normal-sized guy with no muscles like that but with a nice personality.
In fact, I tend to avoid guys like this like the plague as, more often than not, they're jerks or gay.

Seriously, not all guys who have good bodies are jerks. And yeah obviously personality matters but looks do as well. The OP may be a nice friendly guy so has the personality sorted but wants to improve his body. Not all girls like that body but most would think its nice.

I'm also curious as to how to achieve a similar body.
Reply 66
chest/biceps 3 days a week lol
Reply 67
Original post by Luxray
Seriously, not all guys who have good bodies are jerks. And yeah obviously personality matters but looks do as well. The OP may be a nice friendly guy so has the personality sorted but wants to improve his body. Not all girls like that body but most would think its nice.

I'm also curious as to how to achieve a similar body.

A lot of people with nice bodies are jerks though. Because they spend so long thinking about themselves and how they look. It sort of snowballs. And there is no real secret to getting that body. Like people have said. 2 years of a reasonably good bulking diet with heavy lifting and protein and whatnot and then a nice clean cut at the end (still keeping protein intake high, reducing carb intake and still lifting heavy but doing cardio during rest days) and you will look something similar to that. Minus the fake tan haha!
Reply 68
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
You vastly underestimate how hard it is for the average person to get a great body.

No. My chest and abdominals look very similar to the people in that picture, and I do not have to 'train' at all. As long as you don't overeat and do a reasonable amount of exercise you can get muscle definition - situps for the sixpack, press-ups for the pectorals etc.

I have not been to the gym for the last year and my job involved me sitting at a desk for at least 10 hours a day.

Of course, just having a body like that does not mean you are athletically fit. Someone who is fatter than me and has less muscle definition, but who still does regular cardiovascular training would probably win in a sprint or marathon against me easily.

Edit - I mean high metabolism (i.e. Low BMI).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by ReTurd
they are on a normal bodybuilding routine, it takes about 2 years to get a body like that (from being average/normal, not fat)

Lmao at you given a concrete answer. It depends on so many variables - your genetics, your starting point, your lifestyle, your diet, how you exercise and so on. And 2 years on average from being normal is far too short a time span to achieve those bodies (naturally). 4 years of decent lifting at least.
Reply 70
Original post by Jcon1
HAHAHAHA. People with high BMI cannot easily do pressups and sit-ups man. I should know. Took me an hour and 15 mins a day for 6 months to get to normal with strong legs. By an Hour i mean an intense speed 12-17 mile bikeride mainly on track.

Don't say it is easy until you have done it yourself, it is mentally and physically challenging and i haven't even worked on my arms or chest and my pressups are awful *22 BMI from 29 BMI, i personally say 29 is fairly high.

Sorry - I meant metabolism (not BMI). Silly me.

If you have a high metabolism then you will not deposit alot of fat even if you eat alot. Hence your muscles will be more defined than the average person - even with less exercise.
Reply 71
Why do so many people seem to assume you need to 'lift weights' to look like that. They are obviously not bodybuilders, just people with muscle definition.

I doubt that any of them will be taking steroids either.
Reply 72
Original post by RocknRap
Lmao at you given a concrete answer. It depends on so many variables - your geneticsnope, as the all have different insertions, so op must be talking about size, regardless of genetics u can reach that size within 2 years, your starting point this taking into account the vast majority of people, unless u are obese, it should be attainable, even then at the lower end of obese is is, your lifestyle not a varibale, if you are trying to get a specific physique, you training comes 1st, if u are drinking 3-4 tiems a week, you arent trying, so is irrelevant, your diet nope and you should have a good diet if you have a lifting goal, if eating **** comes before your goal in importance then you arent trying , how you exercise with a good routine, its pretty superfluous, and you arent intentionall going to do a **** one and so on. And 2 years on average from being normal is far too short a time span to achieve those bodies (naturally). 4 years of decent lifting at least.
nope.

kghftyfjuk
Reply 73
Strong level of retards in here. Girls thinking these guys need to gain their respect as if it's important to them and they give a **** what a 6/10 girl thinks of them. And guys saying it's all genetics and protein shakes.

Compound lifts 3x a week
Eat in a kcalorie surplus
high protein
moderate carb
moderate fat
progressive overload

Over time = image.
Reply 74
Eat well, lift heavy during a bulk then eat well, lift heavy, cut down carbs and do some cardio during the cut. Quite simple, just a long, committed process.

Cut down carbs? You mean pile on the carbs! No point on doing all that exercise to bulk up and not actually bulking...
Original post by Lamps08
What is the point of looking 'big' though. This is what I don't seem to comprehend here... What's the point in looking bigger than Aisha?

What's the point? Really? I'm barely over average size, and still have a lot of fat. I'm not exactly ideal, but I'm gonna ****ing try to get there. If you're happy with your 150lb physique, that's your choice. Personally, I want to get as far away from that look as possible.
Reply 76
Original post by Aisha~~
What's the point? Really? I'm barely over average size, and still have a lot of fat. I'm not exactly ideal, but I'm gonna ****ing try to get there. If you're happy with your 150lb physique, that's your choice. Personally, I want to get as far away from that look as possible.

good man
Reply 77
Original post by Aisha~~

where lol? Whatever you do now won't improve your overall appearance a great deal. Sure it may look impressive, but ultimately it's pointless.
Original post by Lamps08
where lol? Whatever you do now won't improve your overall appearance a great deal. Sure it may look impressive, but ultimately it's pointless.

I'm not someone that's happy with being average. **** everything about that. I'm satisfied when I know I'm making progress towards a goal. So no, it will never be pointless.
Reply 79
Original post by Aisha~~
I'm not someone that's happy with being average. **** everything about that. I'm satisfied when I know I'm making progress towards a goal. So no, it will never be pointless.

Not about being average mate, just meant natural looking.. Plz show us an old pic, be a sport:wink:

Quick Reply