The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE ETHICS EXAMS 1 AND 2 B603/04 Pre- Exam Discussion (15th May 2012)

Thought, I'd create a thread to discuss the exam on the 15th May, less than a week away. For me, it is my first exam and going to revise one topic a day from tomorrow (even though I've already started revising!). Are you going to revise all 6 question or just 4 or maybe 5?

Please discuss and good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The exam is on the 14th, and i might just revise for 4 becuase its easier, bt the advantage of revising for 6 is that you have a choice of more questions. There are advantages both ways, revising for 4 means u can concentrate on those areas
Hey guys, personally how do you answer the Part e) questions as in what is your structure?
Reply 3
my teacher gave us this structure, it really helps.
i will use sentence starter
1)I agree/disagree becuase...
2) However someone may agree/disagree becuase...
3)Christianity/islam/hinduism teaches that ...
4)A Bible/Qur'an/Vedas quote to back up this religious teaching ...
5)Another religion such as Christianity/islam/hinduism teaches that ...
6) In conclusion to that statement i agree/disagree
Original post by popo

Do you do 2 Paragraphs for your chosen religion and then an extra paragraph of another religion as an alternate view? Im thinking of doing:
1) Intro
2)Personal opinion
3) 2 Christianity arguments (for and against)
4) Another religion
5) Conclusion

Hopefully I can do all that in 15 minutes =/
I was always taught to keep it concise and aim for 3 paragraphs. The structure I am taught is:

1. A Christians (/whatever religion you do) view, backed up with quotes and key thinkers.
2. Another view, can be another Christian denomination, religion or an atheist etc. - back up with appropriate quote.
3. Personal view point, backed up well.

Aiming for A* and this plan seems to keep me on the right track.

I see that many of you put your personal viewpoint in first, I would suggest that you consider putting it last. I was always taught to do this as your opinion is most likely to be your best point so it's good to leave the examiner with a strong and well argued point. But that's just the way I'm used to doing it, so whatever floats your boat I guess.

How much do you guys reckon you write for each unit?
(edited 11 years ago)
I am just choosing 4 to revise. Have made notes on each topic and now shall just learn the,m starting in a few minutes!
Original post by catastrophe
I was always taught to keep it concise and aim for 3 paragraphs. The structure I am taught is:

1. A Christians (/whatever religion you do) view, backed up with quotes and key thinkers.
2. Another view, can be another Christian denomination, religion or an atheist etc. - back up with appropriate quote.

I see that many of you put your personal viewpoint in first, I would suggest that you consider putting it last. I was always taught to do this as your opinion is most likely to be your best point so it's good to leave the examiner with a strong and well argued point. But that's just the way I'm used to doing it, so whatever floats your boat I guess.

Thanks, depending on how good I'm doing for time I'll decide what structure I'll use. Ermm usually 3 Pages per unit I guess if you mean a question, I'm aiming for an A* too lets hope we both can get it. This is my 1st RE exam so I dont really know but do they give you a few extra minutes to look through the questions?
Reply 8
Anyone doing OCR Christian Scriptures Luke?

I am in June and I have no idea where to start! Theres no CGP guides on it or anything!

:sad: what am i going to dooo..
Original post by zedaa
Anyone doing OCR Christian Scriptures Luke?

I am in June and I have no idea where to start! Theres no CGP guides on it or anything!

:sad: what am i going to dooo..

Is that A-level stuff, never heard of it o.O . What do you guys think the hardest topic in B603 is (i.e abortion, roles of women and men etc) ?
Reply 10
There are CGP books for Ethics 1 and 2, go on amazon, well i guess its too late if the exam is on tuesday
Reply 11
i'm doing B603 so unit 1 and 2 so unit 1 (roles, marriage ceremonies, divorce, civil partnership, contraction) and unit 2 (abortion euthanasia, fertility treatments, suicide, animal rights.

can someone help me with the structure for the 12 mark question. i'm doing Christian POV.
Reply 12
Original post by catastrophe

Original post by popo

you've really scared me! i didnt think that you needed to memorise quote for an A*. do you have to?
Reply 13
Has anybody got any good biblical views on cloning? Seems there is nothing to say other than to waffle! :smile:
Reply 14
Yes you need quotes for an A*.

Cloning

Christian teaching about the sanctity of life says that humans are not tools for science.
Also "Life is a gift from God" - not from science.
Reply 15
Is your exam 2 hours? not sure if i can write 4 e part questions that quickly??
For the Equality unit, can anyone think of 3 points for a part d) Explain how Christians might respond to inequality...apart from protesting, e.g martin luther king jr. etc.?
Reply 17
Original post by popo
Yes you need quotes for an A*.

Cloning

Christian teaching about the sanctity of life says that humans are not tools for science.
Also "Life is a gift from God" - not from science.

Our teachers didn't say that! Is there any point trying to remember quotes for Tuesday when I haven't tarted revising unit 2? I'm really scared now. What's the best way to learn quotes and how many quotes are you learning, which topics will most likely appear in the 12 mark questions?
Reply 18
learn 1 quote per topic,
Reply 19
you cant really guess what the 12 mark question is guna b about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending