The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by After7
Ive been talking to this girl for like 2 weeks now but she texts me good morning everyday and attempts to make small talk random like asking how are you etc. I'm pretty sure thats a quick trip to the friendzone and replying makes you look needy sometimes so I'm gonna ignore her texts for the next few days.

Do you think its true that if you make yourself less accessible it increases attraction?

I don't text my friends good morning every day tbh. I think she likes you.

I've had a girl tell me before that "girls are weird, they like it when you blank them". It might work and it might not but I personally wouldn't do it. I'd rather just do what comes naturally (if I want to text I'll text etc, don't care about looking needy) and not play games.
Reply 2
Don't blank her, you won't look needy by replying to her.

If she's making an effort to text you that much then she probably likes you and if you're ignoring her then you'll just seem uninterested and she might just give up.
I have a girl who's just like this. I ignore her now, old school. Not because I'm playing hard to get but because I'm bored and lost interest in her as a whole. If you like her, respond. If you find her dull then don't.

I find dragging out dialogue with a someone I have no interest in and isn't interesting excruciating. If you feel the same then its time to move on.
No matter what girls say on this forum. No matter how much they try and deny it. The truth is that as soon as you stop "trying" you suddenly reel them in. I noticed this with my first girlfriend and its continued for every girl since. Providing they like you.... or are on the edge and not sure which way they want to g with you, its the exact same pattern that occurs:

1. text them normally and then suddenly blank them

2.A period will go on where she initially blanks you too and communication breaks down for a period. Can be hours to days depending on the girl. You need to "hold" at this stage and do not crack otherwise the balance of power flips in her favour.

3. She WILL crack and message you. Again ignore

4. She will have one last try at you ( they always message twice at the least without a reply if they like you)

5. This is when you MUST reply. Its 2 risky to leave it another one. Voila..... all of a sudden shes sees you as a challenge rather than thinking that shes the prize for you.

Women are so weird sometimes
Reply 5
Man she sounds like a nightmare, get out while you can or every move you make for the rest of your life will be censored...
Reply 6
She's gonna get annoyed. See what happens. If she's needy she'll text you again and ask what's up. Just tell her you are not addicted to your mobile or something.
Original post by Anonymous
No matter what girls say on this forum. No matter how much they try and deny it. The truth is that as soon as you stop "trying" you suddenly reel them in. I noticed this with my first girlfriend and its continued for every girl since. Providing they like you.... or are on the edge and not sure which way they want to g with you, its the exact same pattern that occurs:

2.A period will go on where she initially blanks you too and communication breaks down for a period. Can be hours to days depending on the girl. You need to "hold" at this stage and do not crack otherwise the balance of power flips in her favour.

4. She will have one last try at you ( they always message twice at the least without a reply if they like you)

5. This is when you MUST reply. Its 2 risky to leave it another one. Voila..... all of a sudden shes sees you as a challenge rather than thinking that shes the prize for you.

A lot of girls see right through this "game" plan though, due to the "if he likes you he will make the effort." If a guy starts ignoring me, i'll just move on as I think i'll just make an idiot out of myself/seem desperate if i text him again. Obviously you've encountered opposites of girls like me and some girls i know, but i think it's far too risky, and it's also mean! Stop with the games and just be straightforward, chances are we like you in the first place, regardless of whether you just 'treat us mean to keep us keen' thing.

Oh my God this is so stupid. In my experience, guys have tried this twice on me. It doesn't work. The first time I'd been seeing this guy, texted most days, after my last text he didn't reply for a week. At the end of the week he asked me out. All that this ignoring did was convince me that he was just playing me around, so I ignored him. Pretty much the same thing happened with another guy a few months later. If there is one thing I hate it's when people play stupid games like this when dating. Just be honest with each other for goodness sake. All I can say is that if this worked for you then the girl's an idiot with very little self respect.
Reply 9
followed through with ignoring her and she sent 3 messages in a row all hours apart, asking if she did something wrong and then claiming that she cant be bothered with this. When i finally did reply she started to apolgize and attempted to cover up her desperation. hahah it really does work!

Total. Utter. Rubbish.

You must attract really desperate girls. If a guy stops texting me I move on. If somebody is blatantly playing games they can take a hike cos myself and pretty much all my female friends would not be interested.
Original post by After7
followed through with ignoring her and she sent 3 messages in a row all hours apart, asking if she did something wrong and then claiming that she cant be bothered with this. When i finally did reply she started to apolgize and attempted to cover up her desperation. hahah it really does work!

She liked you anyway, that's pretty clear, so why the need to play stupid, immature games?
Reply 12
Original post by cat_in_the_hat
She liked you anyway, that's pretty clear, so why the need to play stupid, immature games?

dont wanna end up being too nice and available, thats what every desperate guy does.

She is good looking so is probably used to that type of behavior from guys anyway. Its just a way to communicate that she isnt special. Would you go for someone you know you could have right away?
Original post by After7
dont wanna end up being too nice and available, thats what every desperate guy does.

She is good looking so is probably used to that type of behavior from guys anyway. Its just a way to communicate that she isnt special. Would you go for someone you know you could have right away?

Wow what a lucky girl.

Yes I would, I have more self respect than to put up with being played around.
I don't play games. So when guys have done that to me in the past I forgot about them and moved on.
Personally I wouldn't like to be ignored :L But all girls are different so it depends what she would think if you blanked her.
So funny reading about all these girls who "can see through it". Listen it works and the vast majority of you do not see through it. Realising we are ignoring you doesn't count as "Seeing through it". Its obvious when someone is ignoring you. Its the little doubt in the brain that makes it work. You will never know for sure whether its a game or genuine unless we told you. I have done it more than enough times to "test" it. Its slightly mean yes but its very effective. Obviously they already like you in the first place thats the point. The reason for doing it is to counter act the "being nice" to you lot all the time. If you are always nice it makes it far to easy for you girls to walk all over a guy.

This is a clear cut effective way in saying "Yes I want you, but I can easily go without and its not all about me "getting" you. It works both ways girl"

Love is a game. Thats another fact. Everyone does it to small extents. Everyone has their wee sly tricks to "get at" their partner when they have done you wrong. Get off your high horses and take a look at your own relationships. I guarantee you that you do infact "play games".

I'm going to get slated for saying this but I'm only posting what many of us already know. Love is a game, its a struggle for power and someone always ends up winning. Its just a matter of who. Who is going to be the most "needy" partner. This wee test helps tip it in your favour. It works and you can still be nice to the girl. After shes cracked.
Reply 17
Well, this is a depressing topic.
DON'T DO IT! if you blank her she will be upset and think you thing she is dorky. she won't want to humiliate herself further by flirting more. she texts you good morning because, funnily enough SHE THINKS OF YOU IN THE MORNING, why do you think that is, hmmm?
if you really want to reel her in, text back, even make the effort to text her first. ask her out for a drink. make her feel you are also interested in her and she will feel comfortable to flirt even further with you. if you want to 'reel her in' as you say, tease her without being mean. girls love being teased.
girls don't like the hard-guy jerk thing. it upsets us and makes us feel stupid and embarressed. girls don't like guys who make us feel bad about ourselves.
Original post by After7

a bit insensitive of you. i feel sorry for her because she obviously cares about you, and you show little regard for her feelings. through-out that time she was probably going to pieces worrying that she had done something wrong, trying to figure out what it was and upset that she might have messed things up. its not right to toy with people, particuarly with matters of the heart. remember; when you play games, you can sometimes lose.

Latest

Trending

Trending