The Student Room Group

Liberalism is a disease.

Here is a civic 'journalist' and activist working in Haiti.
http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/04/23/we-are-not-your-weapons-we-are-women/

She is a white woman who looks to be in her 30s who was raped by a black man.
Here are some delicious dissects of her repugnant literature.

Ever committed to preserving the dignity of Black men in a world which constantly stereotypes them as violent savages, I viewed this writing as yet one more opportunity to fight “the man” on behalf of my brothers. That night, before I could finish the piece, I was held on a rooftop in Haiti and raped repeatedly by one of the very men who I had spent the bulk of my life advocating for.

It hurt. The experience was almost more than I could bear. I begged him to stop. Afraid he would kill me, I pleaded with him to honor my commitment to Haiti, to him as a brother in the mutual struggle for an end to our common oppression, but to no avail. He didn’t care that I was a Malcolm X scholar. He told me to shut up, and then slapped me in the face. Overpowered, I gave up fighting halfway through the night."

(...)

Truly, I have witnessed as a journalist and human rights advocate the many injustices inflicted upon Black men in this world. The pain, trauma and rage born of exploitation are terrors that I have grappled with every day of my life. They make one want to strike back, to fight rabidly for what is left of their personal dignity in the wake of such things. Black men have every right to the anger they feel in response to their position in the global hierarchy, but their anger is misdirected.

Women are not the source of their oppression; oppressive policies and the as-yet unaddressed white patriarchy which still dominates the global stage are.

So a black Haitian male (who comes from a country that exterminated its white population and hence has not had any white rulers in over a century) rapes a white woman indoctrinated with left wing liberal poison, and the white woman somehow, through a disturbing rationalisation process, puts the blame squarely the shoulders of all white men.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can you point out the liberalism bit?
Reply 2
I reject your interpretation of events and substitute my own.

There I just summarized the whole thread, no need to post here anymore.
Original post by Martyn*
Can you point out the liberalism bit?

Her liberal ideology, her rabid hatred of western civiliation and white men and misplaced love for so called victims who ended up raping her. She is a left wing liberal.
Reply 4
Original post by OmeletteAuFromage
Her liberal ideology, her rabid hatred of western civiliation and white men and misplaced love for so called victims who ended up raping her. She is a left wing liberal.

Good for her. Don't taint an entire spectrum of political ideologies because of one moron. Would you judge all left wingers by the actions of Stalin or the right with the actions of Hitler?
Reply 5

I would call myself a liberal, and most people aware of my political positions would describe me as a liberal and yet I hold views very different from the ones she holds. You cannot call liberalism a disease because of one traumatised idiot who doesn't know what she's talking about.
Reply 6
You're confusing Liberalism with stupidity.
Liberalism.

Left wing.

Okay.

Political ideologies, by nature, are fragmented. How you can brand an incident over such wide spectrum of political thought is beyond me.

So if I spend my life eating apples because I like them, but one day eat an apple that has spoiled and thus get food poisoning, that makes all apples bad?
Reply 9
Original post by VeniViciVidi
Liberalism.

Left wing.

Okay.

Political ideologies, by nature, are fragmented. How you can brand an incident over such wide spectrum of political thought is beyond me.

Serious answer: He can cos he's a troll. Seriously people, don't feed it.
Original post by TheIronist
Serious answer: He can cos he's a troll. Seriously people, don't feed it.

He's not a troll if he genuinely believes what he's posting, and is posting it to try and convince us it's true too. He's just wrong, hilariously so.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Barden
So if I spend my life eating apples because I like them, but one day eat an apple that has spoiled and thus get food poisoning, that makes all apples bad?

Give me a break, you all know how it goes in leftist/marxist/liberal circles.
White man is evil, he must be destroyed. Western civilisation is the cancer of the world, herpaderp, must be destroyed. Black man are all victims of evil white man patriarchy elite. A black man rapes, murders, steals? It's the white man's fault!
This is not one bad apple, this is how it goes in the liberal left. She's a little extreme I'd admit, but the others are not far off.
So what you're saying is that this woman, who has been raped by a Haitian man, lived in and studied Haiti extensively, is less qualified to talk about why a Haitian man would rape someone than you, sitting at your computer at home?
Reply 13
Original post by Barden
He's not a troll if he genuinely believes what he's posting, an is posting it to try and convince us it's true too. He's just wrong, hilariously so.

You can genuinely believe all sorts of crap but if you don't actually care about having a serious discussion with those with whom you disagree and you only want to start a fight or irritate people, you're a troll. That's what he does - as most people who start threads like these. So don't feed it.
Here is a civic 'journalist' and activist working in Haiti.
http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/04/23/we-are-not-your-weapons-we-are-women/

She is a white woman who looks to be in her 30s who was raped by a black man.
Here are some delicious dissects of her repugnant literature.

So a black Haitian male (who comes from a country that exterminated its white population and hence has not had any white rulers in over a century) rapes a white woman indoctrinated with left wing liberal poison, and the white woman somehow, through a disturbing rationalisation process, puts the blame squarely the shoulders of all white men.

Haitians exterminated their white populations? Am I having a bit of trouble with history here?
Reply 15
That's not liberalism that's retardation
Reply 16
Original post by Aj12
Would you judge all left wingers by the actions of Stalin or the right with the actions of Hitler?

Hitler wasn't really right wing in economic terms though, i.e. not in the way we use right wing in common parlance today. Although some people seem to conflate fascism/racism/etc with being economically liberal but that's ignorance on their part. Far right I would say is a different thing but often gets used as if it's an extension of neo-liberalism, which doesn't particularly make sense.

Stalin was certainly a leftist economically, but both he and Hitler were more notable for being hyper-authoritarian than anything else.

So, I wouldn't feel bad about judging the far right by Hitler, but he's generally closer to Labour than the Conservatives for example. The political compass has a nice way of showing it:

Original post by Sugarandspies
Haitians exterminated their white populations? Am I having a bit of trouble with history here?

Yes you're having history trouble because you're stupid. Read up on the Haitian rebellion before posting like an ignorant fool and wasting my time.
Yes you're having history trouble because you're stupid. Read up on the Haitian rebellion before posting like an ignorant fool and wasting my time.

More blacks died than whites, you retard. Loads of the white population LEFT because there was very little for them to remain for after they could no longer use the blacks as slaves.
You're a dimwit
Why don't you read the comments on that page I linked in my original post. Then you might say something less stupid.
The fact of the matter is that this woman created her own virtual world. Where all african men are decent intelligent beings who are simply angry, and if able to vent their frustrations on the white males who are supposedly destroying the earth, then the blacks would revert to their true nature: care bears. She hasn't studied Haiti at all, she's a scholar of Malcolm X, and is only working in Haiti as a activist.

A liberal woman is deluded. Liberalism is a disease. That's how you put two and two together? To make 10?

Quick Reply

Latest