The Student Room Group

On results day...

On result's day, when UCAS is updated, does the conditional change to unconditional if you've met your Uni choice?

I'm only asking because I will have moved town (about 200 miles) by Result's day and I don't wanna travel down for my results to find out I haven't met my offers. That would be driving-off-a-cliff-worthy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, you'll be able to check on UCAS whether you have got your Uni place.
Many students do this before actually collecting their results!
Do they update before results are technically out? I've heard 6am results day... whereas I'm only allowed to collect results from 9am.
Reply 3
You may find that your Track does not update straight away. You may also get in even though you have missed your offer.

And if you do miss your offer and get rejected, you won't be able to find a place in Clearing without knowing your grades.
Reply 4
I think they do! I've heard that a lot of students do go on UCAS at 6am to see if they've got a place and the website does end up crashing!
Reply 5
Original post by doughnut92
I think they do! I've heard that a lot of students do go on UCAS at 6am to see if they've got a place and the website does end up crashing!

6am is far too early and UCAS will not have updated by then
Reply 6
Original post by Juno

Just saying what I've heard...people have done it and probably due to rumours.
6am isn't that early.
Reply 7
Just out of interest, can UCAS update to unconditional even if you don't meet the requirements or do you have to call the admissions at uni?
Reply 8
Original post by Juno

Thanks guys, will it actually say 'unconditional' or 'accepted' or ??
Original post by Juno

Was about 6am for me, although admittedly a few years ago now.
Reply 10
Original post by TheSownRose
Was about 6am for me, although admittedly a few years ago now.

There was one year when UCAS updated early by accident, and you might have been lucky enough to be that year. But UCAS promised not to do it again, and for the last few years it has been much, much later.
Reply 11
Original post by Juno

Well last year track did update at 6AM for me and in fact, those who checked it at the time they gave, 8AM, found the website had crashed and couldn't access it for the rest of the day. I'm not suggesting that you should put your hopes on being able to access UCAS at that time, but if you do happen to be up it is worth a look.
Reply 12
Original post by Juno
There was one year when UCAS updated early by accident, and you might have been lucky enough to be that year. But UCAS promised not to do it again, and for the last few years it has been much, much later.

What time does it normally update?
It is true, UCAS does update at like 6am, I remember on my results day took till like half 6 to update... becase of like every single person trying to log in at once. Although, found out that i got into uni before going to school to collect the results! :biggrin:
our school emailed us the results first thing in the morning - still drove in though just to parade my good results around the teachers that never had any faith lol
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UCAS_Track_on_results_day

Scroll down to "when will track open again"
Reply 16
Original post by XxelliexX
Just out of interest... does anybody know if UCAS updates for IB students on IB results day? Or does it update at the same time for everyone on A level results day?

Neither.

UCAS Track will update whenever the unis tell it to, which is whenever they receive your results and get round to it. If your results are sent in automatically then that can take a few days to happen, and then unis can take as long as they like to update it. If you have to send them yourself then your unis may receive your results quicker (or slower if you don't get round to it that soon...) but again unis may take a while to do their bit.
Reply 17
Original post by Sophie1805
I'm only asking because I will have moved town (about 200 miles) by Result's day and I don't wanna travel down for my results to find out I haven't met my offers. That would be driving-off-a-cliff-worthy.

Can you not get a friend who won't be moving away to collect your results for you when they get their's and text you them? Your sixth form/college will probably require a signed letter from you giving permission for that person to collect them to do this, you can ask them now what they would need.

As others have said Track updates for different people and different times and there are many different possible scenarios where you'd need your grades and/or UMS scores.
Reply 18
Last year there were quite a few in my year who were able to get onto Track and see they had gotten in before they collected their results. But I wouldn't rely on this because the website crashes. I couldn't get onto mine and actually called up UCAS to see if I'd been allowed into my firm after missing my offer by one grade but didn't.
Reply 19
Original post by StacFace
Can you not get a friend who won't be moving away to collect your results for you when they get their's and text you them? Your sixth form/college will probably require a signed letter from you giving permission for that person to collect them to do this, you can ask them now what they would need.

As others have said Track updates for different people and different times and there are many different possible scenarios where you'd need your grades and/or UMS scores.

Original post by sammy-lou
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UCAS_Track_on_results_day

Scroll down to "when will track open again"

Thanks guys, my questions have been answered! I'm going to either travel down, or ask the school to email them to me; I don't like the idea of a friend knowing my results before me - is that weird?
Thanks again, anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending