The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm so close to drop Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, it's just the same forgettable harem/romance anime with a little bit of paranormal thrown in. It's almost the same episode every week.
Reply 3241
I'm starting to get into Eureka Seven AO. Aside from the stellar production, which you'd expect from Bones, the story is slowly coming together. I particularly like the parodic references to other anime, much like the first series did.
Original post by The Cornerstone
I'm so close to drop Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, it's just the same forgettable harem/romance anime with a little bit of paranormal thrown in. It's almost the same episode every week.

My feelings exactly. Although, once I've come this far with a 1 cour anime, I feel the need to just finish it otherwise I feel like I've wasted time. Hmm, its not great but its not unbearable so I'll stick with it for now.
I quite like Tasogare Otome X Amnesia, myself. I wouldn't say it stands out much in a season as strong as this one, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to people who only follow two or three new series at a time... but I picked up seventeen series, and have yet to place it in the bottom half of my weekly rankings. I like Yuuko's playful teasing, and the music + use of colours in the series is pretty awesome in my opinion. And since it does have the supernatural theme and the potential for plot development later in the series, I'm more than happy to wait and see how it goes. :yes:

:coma:

Spoiler

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I quite like Tasogare Otome X Amnesia, myself. I wouldn't say it stands out much in a season as strong as this one, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to people who only follow two or three new series at a time... but I picked up seventeen series, and have yet to place it in the bottom half of my weekly rankings. I like Yuuko's playful teasing, and the music + use of colours in the series is pretty awesome in my opinion. And since it does have the supernatural theme and the potential for plot development later in the series, I'm more than happy to wait and see how it goes. :yes:

:coma:

Spoiler

OP and ED are great, love the music in this series, really well done. As you have pointed out, the animation and direction is also very high quality and original. I can see the series picking up in terms of story, maybe in a little while but even that won't be much to brag about. The worst part is the characters though, all generic and inspire little confidence. It had potential for genuine character growth but instead chose to simply make Yuuko gag over generic male lead with no standout qualities from the beginning. Again, perhaps that's just what it is; a generic harem comedy but I guess the fact that its done so well, and has potential is what frustrates me.

Case in point: Saint Seiya is nothing special (though it was 30 years ago) however, I wasn't expecting originality or much apart from the usual shounen clichés and androgynous leads so I'm actually enjoying the simplicity of it a lot more than I thought I would. Though, this might just be due to to how nostalgic it feels. I never watched Seiya as a child but it certainly reminds me of watching anime as a child.

On a relevant side note, Amnesia's episode's 06 broke the mould by not being a fan service ditch and had great presentation but the whole plot was so unbelievably ridiculous, I was not amused at all. Then moving away from it's slap stick humour which usually keeps me interested, I was bored as well. From generic harem to a wannabee Another, I can only hope it can at least stay consistent.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3245
Im a few eps behind on amnesia but it seems enjoyable enough so far, really like the animation, especially things like that sky or the sunsets.:teeth: Howver there was getting a bit too much of mostly ghost romance than comedy for my liking.:hmmm: But I expect it wont stay like that.:beard:
Reply 3246
Original post by Facticity
Case in point: Saint Seiya is nothing special (though it was 30 years ago) however, I wasn't expecting originality or much apart from the usual shounen clichés and androgynous leads so I'm actually enjoying the simplicity of it a lot more than I thought I would. Though, this might just be due to to how nostalgic it feels. I never watched Seiya as a child but it certainly reminds me of watching anime as a child.

This is what I'm doing too, more or less. I expect Omega to give me those attractive Umakoshi character designs and someone being punched really hard every week, and it does that, every week.
damn it latest space bros ep flew right past :pinch: by far my fave show this season though ive only picked up half the number of shows i was meant to watch :mmm:
Reply 3248
Oh boy eureka seven just took a very trippy turn. :lolwut:
I just finished Aria the Origination... it's been years since I saw the first series, but I didn't want it to end so I spaced out the sequels. :o: Anyway, a great ending to a fantastic series IMO. :yes:

And now for something completely different... Tytania!
Reply 3250
And now for something completely different... Tytania!

Oh, Tytania. Well, the OP is nice.
Reply 3251
New here , what's up
Reply 3252
Original post by Japs
New here , what's up

Currently procrastinating at work by posting on here. :tongue:

Welcome to the Society. :smile: Have you been watching anime for long and do you have a favourite genre?
Original post by Aiko
Currently procrastinating at work by posting on here. :tongue:

Welcome to the Society. :smile: Have you been watching anime for long and do you have a favourite genre?

There is no finer time to procrastinate.

On an anime related note, Jormungand is starting to kick up again after that terrible operasaurus arc. The pacing is a little off but nonetheless, its entertaining.

Same can be said for Zetman, the pacing is going at a crazy fast speed with exposition happening left, right and center but it's definitely showing promise and I can't say I haven't been entertained the last few eps.
Reply 3254
There is no finer time to procrastinate.

Haha, indeed. :tongue:

How's things going in Japan? In exactly a month I'm coming back, so maybe we can arrange to meet up possibly?

On an anime related note, Jormungand is starting to kick up again after that terrible operasaurus arc. The pacing is a little off but nonetheless, its entertaining.

Only saw the first episode of this and it seemed mildly interesting. Should I resume this now or wait until it's finished?

Same can be said for Zetman, the pacing is going at a crazy fast speed with exposition happening left, right and center but it's definitely showing promise and I can't say I haven't been entertained the last few eps.

I've been enjoying this myself. It's far from great, but there's something about it, likely its rapid pacing, that keeps me engaged. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
Haha, indeed. :tongue:

How's things going in Japan? In exactly a month I'm coming back, so maybe we can arrange to meet up possibly?

Japan is going great thank you, I had a very eventful Golden Week. Travelling through Miyajima, Hiroshima, Osaka and Kyoto - tiring and expensive :tongue: We should definitely look into the possibility of a meet up. :yes:

Only saw the first episode of this and it seemed mildly interesting. Should I resume this now or wait until it's finished?

It has turned out to be pretty good. The operasaurus arc (which is a made up name by me due to the events & characters) was a token I think, apart from that, its been fascinating and pretty action filled. The weakest aspect is definitely the lack of any detailed character development for the majority of the cast, which is a shame because there are a lot of potentially very interesting people in the team, but the lead's (Koko) enthusiasm and effervescent antics, have kept the show engaging and amusing. So, watch it for Koko basically. If not for her, I don't know that it would be that interesting. Hmm, might be best left until the end, but that's because it would be good to marathon, as opposed to it being a bad show.

I've been enjoying this myself. It's far from great, but there's something about it, likely its rapid pacing, that keeps me engaged. :tongue:

Zetman has definitely become engaging, a pity about the awful, awful choice of music for the OP. That might be my bias but it's by far the worst OP of the year so far :tongue:
Zetman has definitely become engaging, a pity about the awful, awful choice of music for the OP. That might be my bias but it's by far the worst OP of the year so far :tongue:

Personally, it's one of my favorites. :o:

Jormungand is alright... though I've learnt more about weapons and military tactics from Upotte!! so far. :p:
Reply 3257
Lupin III that woman fujiko 06... Famous thief, using her real name for reason to teach at a girls school ...
completely unsurprising how she turns her students lesbian.:laugh:
:shock:

Spoiler

I happened to have liked most of jormungand so far.:smile: I certainly wouldnt call that "operasaurus"arc terrible.:nah: I thought that had one of the more amusing action scenes yet. An experienced asassin running into an open area and standing in the middle with a shield and so forth.:mmm: There hasnt been alot of character development beyond Jonah and Koko but they've been slowly revealing some back story for the others. Its still pretty early anyway. :smile:

I've learnt more about weapons and military tactics from Upotte!! so far. :p:

Somehow I knew you'd be watching that.:hmmm:

However at times jormungand takes a black lagoon type of action.:mmm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by vin
Somehow I knew you'd be watching that.:hmmm:

Wish vol 3 arrived at last! Two days after the latter part of the delivery estimate, which wasn't fun for someone as impatient as me, and kinda defeats the point of having paid extra for faster delivery... though the ironic thing is, now that I have the volume in my hands, safe in the knowledge that it isn't lost in transit, I'll probably shelve it for a week or so and read Negima instead. :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3259

Latest

Trending

Trending