English lit and lang
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
RE
History
Business

I will be studying Maths, Economics, Politics and History at A level

What Grades would you say i need to achieve at GCSE and A level to get into those Unis?

Thanks
Go to their websites, search for the degree you wish to do and then look at the requirements. Beyond that we are just speculating and that tells you nothing of any particular value to you.
Reply 2
At least A*AA for most of those universities, and you have to actually love your subject and be well read. The thing about Oxbridge, Durham and the UoL universities is that they interview you and see how much you love your subject and how much you know outside the given curriculum; you can't just be a bookworm and expect them to let you in.

Also, do A-levels in traditional subjects; Economics, Maths, Sciences, English Lit & Lang., Philosophy etc. :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks, What about GCSE grades for economics at oxbridge?
Reply 4
Original post by harrath
Thanks, What about GCSE grades for economics at oxbridge?

The best you can get.
Reply 5
When i went to look around LSE 3 years ago, the admission staff told me, that 6A*'s are generally the norm. I'd assume either theyve increased, or their A levels have increased.

I got an offer from Exeter based on:

A*A*AAAAAABC
AAB

so i'd guess around that for Exeter. I didn't get into any of my other choices because i ****ed up on choosing mechanics instead of stats in A level maths! Ah well ;D
Reply 6
around 6/7A* minimum the rest As maybe with one B or C
Reply 7
Original post by harrath
So am thinking about studying economics at university,

I would like to go to one of the following Unis:

Oxbridge
LSE
UCL
Warwick
Bristol
Exeter
Durham
Nottingham

I am studying the following subjects at GCSE:

Maths
English lit and lang
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
RE
History
Business

I will be studying Maths, Economics, Politics and History at A level

What Grades would you say i need to achieve at GCSE and A level to get into those Unis?

Thanks

Further Maths would be wise to do on the side as an AS for some of those uni's.

A*AA-AAA is the general standard offer for a-levels.
Reply 8
for a level to stand a good chance at getting an offer you will need to get 4 A's at AS and be predicted around 2A*2A or more for a level . people do get offers with just A*AA but the majority have a lot better.

Also take further maths as a 4th a level will help you a lot. I wish someone told me that before as im now have to self teach it myself, but that is one of the reasons why i think i have my offer.

for gcses as many A*s as you can.
Reply 9
Thanks! that helped a lot :smile:
Further Maths would be strongly advisable
Reply 11
As an AS only or as a complete a level
Reply 12
Original post by harrath
As an AS only or as a complete a level

complete a level
Reply 13
I would say you almost certainly need further maths. And something like A*A*AAA for lse or Cambridge, though it would depend on your school etc. You also cannot study straight economics at Oxford so you'd need to consider that as well.
Reply 14
a*aa for a level 6/7/8 a* gcse would give you a good chance although they do accept lower offers for gcse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending