The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

I'm Soooo Nervous About Not Getting the Grades to Get Into Derby! HELP

Hi everyone, I have accepted my firm choice at Derby for the BEd, which is 300 ucas points. Normally i wouldn't at all be nervous about getting this, but i have recently been diagnosed will an illness. I was in hospital for 2 weeks and have had to miss lots of time of 6 form then, and also for the numerous doc/consultant appointments I've been having. I also feel really tired all the time because of my medication and also don't feel as motivated as I did before.
I really think this is going to have a negative impact on the grades I get. The only university I like and want to go to is Derby so I would be devastated if i didn't get in.
Any ideas of what to do?

P.S, resitting the year if I don't get the grades i need is not an option.
Try to gather statements from all pertinent parties (e. g. your doctor, parents, teacher) and amalgamate them into some kind of letter, and send it to the relevant admissions at Derby. If they understand you have some kind of extenuating circumstances affecting your A-level performance, they'll consider it when it comes to filling places come August 27th, so as long as you perform reasonably enough they should let you in despite missing an offer.

If it helps, I have a friend studying Journalism at Derby who missed his offer and didn't have any extenuating circumstances whatsoever; he said they just liked his personal statement.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending