The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

50/50 from Supervisor. Very happy :smile:
Original post by becbec :)
*subscribes*

So what topic is everybody doing?

I'm thinking something related to my favourite subjects - democracy (political philosophy)- perhaps looking at case studies throughout history (history and law) and whether democracy can ever be achieved. Though I'm not entirely sure, and may wonder onto the grounds of human rights, terrorism or the British constitution, but they can all be connected under the same kind of area. Can't believe I have to have made a proper start on the research and have filled in my initial log bit by the first week in September! On top of all the other college work I've been set as well!

I just can't believe how much universities seem to like it, when I can do the majority of it without being in a lesson!

I want to base mine on nursing and the way the media negatively speaks about the NHS! :tongue:
Reply 2782
Original post by . .
That's not good my supervisor and hates me with a passion. :frown:

Do you know what he/she has given you? Could you negotiate it?
Reply 2783
Original post by S_123
Do you know what he/she has given you? Could you negotiate it?

No but I know it's going to be terrible.

Can you get it remarked?
Reply 2784
Original post by . .
No but I know it's going to be terrible.

Can you get it remarked?

I'm not sure. Why don't you ask them what they have given you? I'm sure it won't be that bad :smile:
Reply 2785
If anyone needs any advice about the EPQ or AQA Bacc, especially if it is to do with English Literature, just quote me :smile:
My summer shall be spent writing on the ever so light subject of neurodegenerative diseases. Should be fun! Popping up to Herts Uni too with the college.
Need help with my epq I'm about to start, would like to do it about thermodynamics or synthetic chemistry no idea how to come up with a question...
I'm trying to choose a project but I can't seem to think of anything chemistry related. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 2789
Original post by Anything at all
I'm trying to choose a project but I can't seem to think of anything chemistry related. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Do something with contemporary relevance if you ask me, like IDK if you want to do a inorganic chemistry project graphene or petrochemical stuff alternatively pharmaceuticals are pretty interesting, especially looking at drug trials, but then I am biased :smile:
Hey guys,

I'm starting my EPQ in a matter of days and I have no idea what to do it on?

I know I want to do a legal topic, but im just not too sure what to pin point it down to?

Anyone got any ideas?

THANKS
xoxoxoxo

:pingu:
Original post by Poshguuuuurl
Hey guys,

I know I want to do a legal topic, but im just not too sure what to pin point it down to?

Anyone got any ideas?

THANKS
xoxoxoxo

Pick something based on something else that you enjoy that also ties in to established legal issues like the determination of blame or just interesting cases.

For example I'm also interested in law and I narrowed my choices down to the Hillsborough Disaster and the Tony Bland case, Michael Watson and Gerald McClellan, and the usage of steroids in sport.

This combined an interest in law with an extra-curricular interest and I suggest that you do the same. You are cutting it a bit fine if you don't mind me saying so...
Reply 2792
has anyone done the extended project im considering doing it over the holidays. Could you suggest any ideas to do with historical events/english realted/ political please :smile: thanks
You need longer than the school holidays and teaching time etc...talk to your school!

It is fun but a lot of work - Pick something off the wall so your PS stands out!

For instance, I am doing mine in Tudor Cookery!

Best bet for history is to do something local or to do with social history, and not just a coursework type thing as you do that over summer/winter term for A2 anywho!

If you have any questions pm me :biggrin:
Reply 2794
Original post by fimblesocks
You need longer than the school holidays and teaching time etc...talk to your school!

It is fun but a lot of work - Pick something off the wall so your PS stands out!

For instance, I am doing mine in Tudor Cookery!

Best bet for history is to do something local or to do with social history, and not just a coursework type thing as you do that over summer/winter term for A2 anywho!

If you have any questions pm me :biggrin:

Thanks we have 2 1 hour lesssons on it and then the whole summer (about 2 weeks) to do it. How long have you got to do it :smile: ?
Oh - I have a year and 30 hours of teaching for mine! I am doing Level 3 with OCR :-D
Original post by fimblesocks
Oh - I have a year and 30 hours of teaching for mine! I am doing Level 3 with OCR :-D

Likewise although we have a little less time and more teaching hours. :smile:
Original post by Poshguuuuurl
Hey guys,

Anyone got any ideas?

THANKS
xoxoxoxo

Just finished mine and got the marks back mine was based around the question who does medical law benefit the most, my advise is when doing law research find some local solicitors to give you some opinions and quotes.
Woah everyone seems to have had teaching on it ! I did it last year and had like 2 hours teaching and was fine I guess! Spent a lot of summer researching. Mine was on the Physiology and Psychology of pain. Did a small research project with 20 participants and ice water.

If anyone has any questions to help get started I'll do my best to answer :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
hey, how much work is the epq? I'm not sure if I should take it :s-smilie:

Quick Reply