The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kalliope
This is scarily early!

Name: Kalliope
AS Levels: English Literature, History, Philosophy & Ethics, Biology, Critical Thinking, EPQ, General Studies

My bad suggesting this thread earlier xD
I guess it would deem itself a useful motivator.
Reply 61
I have a feeling I shall definitely be frequenting this thread! At least I'll have other people to worry with me! :smile:

Name: Catherine.
A Levels: French, Spanish, English Literature
UCAS (firm & insurance, required grades, if applicable): Firm: Modern and Medieval Languages - Trinity Hall, Cambridge (A*AA), Insurance: Applied Languages and Translation - Heriot Watt (BBB)
Reply 62
Sorry it's so early :colondollar: couldn't remember how early it was started last year :teehee:

When do we all start study leave? (if at all).
Original post by madders94
Sorry it's so early :colondollar: couldn't remember how early it was started last year :teehee:

mine starts 28th May
-.-
i have 3 resits before that lol
My last day is the 31st May then I go on study leave. So I get two weeks of study leave before my next exam :biggrin:
Name: Jasmine
A Levels: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature (and I also did History and Critical Thinking last year)
UCAS
Firm-
Leeds Uni (Biology- BBB)
Insurance
Sussex (Biosciences with a foundation year BCC)
I'm worried already and I only need 3 Bs :frown:. Sussex is great for biology/life sciences in general but I'm not keen on the idea of taking an extra year. I've got an AS resit on Wednesday next week and then study leave on the 1st, then A2 exams start on the 13th. Both of those first two exams (AS resit & first A2) are Chemistry (the bane of my life!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Name: FuzzySheep
A Levels: History, Spanish, Philosophy
UCAS (firm & insurance, required grades, if applicable): Firm: Bristol for History (AAB)

:hello:
One exam down and three more to go !! :biggrin:
Reply 68
I'm actually feeling quite motivated for revision today. Maybe because I haven't been to college for a couple of weeks so it's a kick up the backside to do work :colondollar:
I'm actually feeling quite motivated for revision today. Maybe because I haven't been to college for a couple of weeks so it's a kick up the backside to do work :colondollar:

Always feel more motivated working from home!
Reply 70
Are year 12s allowed to be part of this thread? If yes, please add me in :h:
Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History, Art

It seems so strange to be thinking about results day before exams have even begun :nutcase:
Original post by Silent--ly

It seems so strange to be thinking about results day before exams have even begun :nutcase:

This thread started off for yr13 but if year 12s make it clear what year they are in then it should be ok.
Reply 72
Original post by Silent--ly

Of course :smile: like im so fresh said, it was originally for Y13 students to avoid confusion but it'll be better/easier/less confusing to have one results day thread for everyone, and it was fun last year :awesome:

I know it's early :colondollar: but it's motivating me to keep revising :teehee:
Name: Jessica
AS Levels/A Levels: A2 History, English Literature, Drama, RE (early)
UCAS (firm): History - Leeds University - AAA
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
Name: Jessica
AS Levels/A Levels: A2 History, English Literature, Drama, RE (early)
UCAS (firm): History - Leeds University - AAA

That was my firm last year. Good luck, it's a cracking course.

Just don't expect any leniency. I was 2 UMS short due to coursework moderation (had AAB) and they still said no :frown:

I already know that the night before results day will be an all-nighter though. Obsessively checking UCAS from 6am :biggrin:

Everyone said this last year and by the time they day came around, i think 3 people stayed and a load of new people entered the thread :tongue:

Was good fun though. Do it!
I got an iPad on Saturday, serious procrastination tool! Although, I have written some FP3 notes on there so I guess I can (kind of) justify it.

Original post by Catherine.
I have a feeling I shall definitely be frequenting this thread! At least I'll have other people to worry with me! :smile:

Name: Catherine.
A Levels: French, Spanish, English Literature
UCAS (firm & insurance, required grades, if applicable): Firm: Modern and Medieval Languages - Trinity Hall, Cambridge (A*AA), Insurance: Applied Languages and Translation - Heriot Watt (BBB)

:five:

Last year's was great - I was an ASer in it and made a few friends. How's the exam prep going? Tricky A-Levels you've got there, I started French and dropped it pretty quickly. Saying that, I dropped RS, French, Biology and Chemistry at various points; it seems I've dropped more A-Levels than I've taken. :lol:

Good to see you've let the ASers in now - if last year's thread hadn't done that, I wouldn't have this post count :laugh:

It started around the last few exams IIRC?

I think mine begins after half term, so 11th June. Although our school's version of 'study leave' is 'you don't have to go to registration but you still need to turn up to lessons'. My physics exam is on the 11th :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Name: Lottie
A levels: Government and Politics, English Literature and Psychology
UCAS: Firm - University of Liverpool - Law - AAA/A*AB/A*A*C (so 360 points over 3 A levels)
Insurance - Man Met - Law - ABB

Soo want liverpool, if I dont get in I'm gonna take a year out I think, I haven't even properly thought about what I'll do if I don't get AAA, but I really should because its a very realistic prospect! argh panic zone.
Reply 77
I did an all-nighter for GCSE results day and also ended up having a mass MSN conversation with loads of people popping in and out (we even got imsoacademic in for a while :colone: ), it was great. I spent the night before AS results day with my boyfriend so I got some sleep because I wasn't that worried, but this year regardless of who I spend it with I think I'll be too nervous to sleep!

:sexface:
Reply 78
Original post by Contrad!ction.

Last year's was great - I was an ASer in it and made a few friends. How's the exam prep going? Tricky A-Levels you've got there, I started French and dropped it pretty quickly. Saying that, I dropped RS, French, Biology and Chemistry at various points; it seems I've dropped more A-Levels than I've taken. :lol:

Haha, that's brilliant! Sure, try before you buy :wink:

You must start your exams really late! I've already had three, and mine are over on the 31st of May! :smile:
Original post by Catherine.
Haha, that's brilliant! Sure, try before you buy :wink:

You must start your exams really late! I've already had three, and mine are over on the 31st of May! :smile:

lucky you
mine are spread over 2 months -.- and they are in packs of 3's. ¬.¬
18,21,23 may 13,14,15 - 19,21,22 June