The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F211 (Cells, Exchange and Transport) >< Post Exam Reaction

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
protein secretion, ah man obviously it would be exocytosis! i was thinking about the whole 'division of labour' thing, such a stupid mistake!
ohh crap :/ . This might sound dumb, but was the very 1st one? (the yeast one) mitosis or meiosis?
Reply 42
Original post by PrincessMedic
I said when the vesicle moves through the cytoplasm...I guess that's wrong? Man, I got too many wrong. I'll be so lucky to get a D.

unforrtunately so :frown:. Exocytosis is specifically when the vesicle fuses with the membrane
Reply 43
MITOSIS
Original post by Axion
Nah it said what process during protein secretion requires energy.

Which was exocytosis

Damn :/ ah well
Reply 45
the question that was such a B**** about breathing. was it tidal or vital volume?
*curls up in a ball to die* and I got vital capacity?
Reply 48
In my school there was a guy, it was his 4th time i believe re-sitting this exam.
That should give you an idea of how hard this exam is :frown:
Reply 49
Original post by Issy123
I hated this paper. How horrible was it!

Definitely not as horrible as jan 2012!

<3 x
Reply 50
NB: New point to everyone! IF IT WAS A SPIROMETER THE AIR VOLUME WOULD HAVE DECREASED!
Reply 51
Original post by Axion
NB: New point to everyone! IF IT WAS A SPIROMETER THE AIR VOLUME WOULD HAVE DECREASED!

It wasnt a spirometer.

It said volume of air in the lungs.
Reply 52
I know :smile:
Reply 53
So that meant between Points a and b the volume is decreasing so therefore it wants EXHALING
Reply 54
Original post by Reclaiimer
So that meant between Points a and b the volume is decreasing so therefore it wants EXHALING

did the question want us to explain the mechanism of expiration then, coz thats what i did but i wasn't sure it was right
oh well, damage done, got Chemistry to revise for now
Reply 56
Original post by LETSJaM
Definitely not as horrible as jan 2012!

<3 x

I preferred Jan 2012 by a mile!
Reply 57
Original post by Aa234
exactly! I found it harder than the biology unit 2 as resit i did in january, and that one is meant to be harder! As soon as i saw that spirometer thing i died a little inside, why do they love putting that in there?!

Same!! I did that resit too in January! Urgh, i hated the artery and spirometer question! Don't understand how people can call this paper easy. :confused:
Reply 58
okay, so what did you put for the one about residual volume? i was absolutely clueless...
Reply 59
eventually as the air is being exhaled, the pressure gradient will diminish thus some air will be left in the lungs without a pressure gradient thus it does not flow out

Quick Reply

Latest