The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Did any of you hear about Lesnar's freak-out after Extreme Rules?

Apparently Cena was supposed to be carried out on a stretcher all beat up, making Brock look like he won anyway. So when Lesnar saw Cena's speech he lost it and started screaming that they had had screwed him over, and throwing **** around the dressing room :biggrin:

Well, that ending would've made a lot more sense.
Reply 6261
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Did any of you hear about Lesnar's freak-out after Extreme Rules?

Apparently Cena was supposed to be carried out on a stretcher all beat up, making Brock look like he won anyway. So when Lesnar saw Cena's speech he lost it and started screaming that they had had screwed him over, and throwing **** around the dressing room :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm betting it's either exaggerated or another story fed by WWE themselves.
Reply 6262
Ok I'm getting pissed off that every time I make a constructive criticism of TNA or just mention something they did, which just so happened to put them in a bad light, there's ALWAYS a TNA fan who goes "yeh but wwe do it to".

Other than being incredibly weak, and irrelevant anyway, it doesn't help their claims to be 'the alternative'.
Original post by Roy064
More than likely.

And it was. Well, part of it anyway.
Reply 6264
Bryan vs Punk = epicness!!!
Every episode of RAW/SmackDown seems to go like this right now:

- John Laurinaitis for twenty minutes.
- Random tag-team match.
- John Laurinaitis and Eve acting heelish.
- Cody Rhodes and The Big Show boring the place out.
- Randy Orton taking half-hour to do a simple interview.
- Random diva's match.
- John Laurinaitis and Eve acting heelish again.
- Brodus Clay or Ryback squash.
- Dolph Ziggler jobs to someone vastly inferior.
- A long, boring VT of something to with Brock Lesnar and/or John Cena that we've already seen.
- A tag-team match involving four of: John Cena, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Kane, The Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio, Lord Tensai and The Great Khali.
- A long, boring video of something we've already seen today.
- A singles match between another two of the previous list.

Dull.
Reply 6266
Original post by Introvert2020
A long, boring VT of something to with Brock Lesnar

Did someone say VT of Brock Lesnar? I've been maknig YouTube videos again.

I can't deliver on 'long' or 'boring' though.

At the very least, the music's far better than whatever autotune wigger crap WWE are no doubt playing.
Reply 6267
Just noticed that in the early 90s, WCW had all at one time Jim Ross, Steve Austin, Paul Heyman, Mean Gene Okerlund, Sting, Hogan, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Regal, Arn Anderson, Cactus Jack, Legion of Doom, Steiners, Scott Hall, Bischoff (as long as he's on screen and not doing things off it), the list goes on.

To take that and make it suck so hard and die out takes something very, very special. Those involved in its downfall, Bischoff and Russo mainly, should never really have got another job in the industry again.
Original post by nonotrly
Just noticed that in the early 90s, WCW had all at one time Jim Ross, Steve Austin, Paul Heyman, Mean Gene Okerlund, Sting, Hogan, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Regal, Arn Anderson, Cactus Jack, Legion of Doom, Steiners, Scott Hall, Bischoff (as long as he's on screen and not doing things off it), the list goes on.

To take that and make it suck so hard and die out takes something very, very special. Those involved in its downfall, Bischoff and Russo mainly, should never really have got another job in the industry again.

As bad as the product was for the last couple of years of it's run, WCW was still scoring around a 2.5 Neilsen rating every week; which if you consider that Raw now averages around a 3 isn't too bad. I know the TV market has changed a lot in the decade but WCW still had a reasonable audience when it died.

The real reason for it's collapse is simply that much like World Wrestling Entertainment at times now they couldn't turn their audience share into commercial revenue. AOL didn't want to associate with wrestling once they merged with Time Warner and Turner (the company not the man himself, he'd have been happy to bankroll wrestling at a loss to this day being such a fan of it) went more upmarket and cut Nitro from it's timeslot so after that it was a dead asset.

Bischoff was a genius commercially and marketing-wise when it came to putting on an edgier and more realistic product than the cartoon world of the WWF at the time, however badly he's messed up since he deserves a hell of a lot of credit for that. Unfortunately his obsession with ratings sacrificed their PPV revenue and led to everybody being overpaid for everything to keep them happy. It was a good payday for a lot of people and they milked it dry until the company started to hemmorhage money at a frightening rate.
Anybody got any idea who Randy Orton will be facing at Over the Limit, he's plastered over the promotion but hasn't been given match yet, or are we going for yet another Kane match.
Original post by SacredPhoenix
Anybody got any idea who Randy Orton will be facing at Over the Limit, he's plastered over the promotion but hasn't been given match yet, or are we going for yet another Kane match.

He's in the Fatal 4 way World Heavyweight match with Sheamus, ADR and Jericho
Reply 6271
Original post by FreakyStyley
He's in the Fatal 4 way World Heavyweight match with Sheamus, ADR and Jericho

Was there a draft or is a wrestler moving show just another one of those things we're supposed to ignore?
Was there a draft or is a wrestler moving show just another one of those things we're supposed to ignore?

Last night Jericho pinned Seamus in the tag match so he thought he deserves to be WWE Champion. A brawl took place in Johnny's office and he made it a fatal four way.

Rosters just dont matter anymore!

There are rumours floating around that the 'draft' will be on the June 11th 3 hour Raw, but the WWE website has updated the superstars sections so that they're all in the one bit, rather than being segregated to Smackdown or Raw. In short, yeah I guess so.
Reply 6274
WWE storylines are do bad. heres an idea, just rehire everyone involved in the creative team of the attitude era
Reply 6275
Legs were better in the attitude era.

Stephanie McMahon and Tori. In the same segment/match.
Only just got round to watching Raw. I hoped that Heyman would make an appearance when Brock first came back, so I was pleased to see him on what was yet another forgettable Raw.
How are WWE ratings in the present era when compared to attitude era?
Original post by TheMagicRat
Only just got round to watching Raw. I hoped that Heyman would make an appearance when Brock first came back, so I was pleased to see him on what was yet another forgettable Raw.

I read he's not around for long. Just filling in for Brock on occassional RAWs in order to save the limited dates Brock has in the contract for bigger things. I think Heyman is only with us up until Summerslam.
Reply 6279
Anyone seen the new vid on wwe.com about a so-called 'revolution'. Looks good, any views about what it could be?