The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I though it was a really nice paper. I genuinely checked the front of the booklet to make sure it wasn't GCSE! Yeah listening was especially nice, I found they all talked quite slowly and there wasn't that much language that threw me. And also agreed reading wasn't as nice, but still pretty reasonable, I tried a practice paper yesterday and it was so much harder. As for grammar though, I'm always atrocious at grammar, especially recognising the subjunctive. But does gris turn to grises!? and I swear there were two that stayed in their infinitive form. Essay I was surprised how much I could write in half an hour, and I thought again, the essay titles were pretty reasonable. I did the cinema one, which did you do?
The listening was fine, the last question on the reading was quite hard I thought :/ I did the sports essay and I thought that was fine, I wrote about 300 words! and the grammar was a bit mental, reckon I got about 6 for it... if I'm lucky!!
Reply 3
FOr the question on V F Nm
What did you's put for the luck one?
I thought it said carolina(speaker) was more qualified but adele earned more money? In my world, I'd say adele has had more luck in life?
Reply 4
The listening was fine, the reading was fine - well so I thought until I realised just as I got out the exam that I'd read tele mudo as tele munDo so I didn't write that one down for the silent films part!-_-

I chose the technology essay and thought that was ok. However, I completely messed up my argument about contenido inapropriado by writing contento inapropriado for some unknown reason! Hope they don't penalise me too much I really want an A!!

Good Luck to everyone who sat the exam :smile:
Reply 5
I'm pretty sure that they had said that they don't bother with all of the comparing each other's lives and don't think about who has better qualifications or anything like that. But those are the kind of tricks that I get all caught up in... Yeah the N/F/T one was really tricky, and the films, there were a couple I didn't know like espionaje. but I'm sure you all did really well, although I reckon they may move grade boundaries up :s
Reply 6
I don't know if it was just our college that had this problem, but the listening file cut out 20 seconds before the end and we all had to wait in silence for over an hour until they found the original CDs for us. It was mindnumbingly boring and frustrating. Did anyone else have this problem?!
I thought the actual paper was quite easy - ended up writing WAY too much about the risks of technology etc though. can they mark you down if you write like 200 words over? (I think I had like 500+ words) but THINK it was all relevant :P
well done everyone anyway :biggrin:
Reply 7
Can anyone remember whether your were supposed to write T or V in the listening ? Freaking out because normally its a V for verdadero but I have a horrible feeling I wrote T ???
Reply 8
Original post by holly<
I though it was a really nice paper. I genuinely checked the front of the booklet to make sure it wasn't GCSE! Yeah listening was especially nice, I found they all talked quite slowly and there wasn't that much language that threw me. And also agreed reading wasn't as nice, but still pretty reasonable, I tried a practice paper yesterday and it was so much harder. As for grammar though, I'm always atrocious at grammar, especially recognising the subjunctive. But does gris turn to grises!? and I swear there were two that stayed in their infinitive form. Essay I was surprised how much I could write in half an hour, and I thought again, the essay titles were pretty reasonable. I did the cinema one, which did you do?

yeah thought the listening was a good start to the paper, however i always start the paper by the doing the grammar, boy it was hard, on all 3 past papers the preterite is used a hell load, so i decided to make sure i knew the ins and outs, and there was only 1 answer i think that was preterite and te ha rompido.. i put te ha rompado, devastated hahaha.. the subjective was quieres que ........ can't remember the verb you had to change into the subjunctive, as you said the reading began to get difficult, couldnt remember the english definition to espionage and i didnt know cine mudo was silent cinema, so i got the spy and silent cinema the wrong way round with an educated guess.... and the essays were fine for me, my chosen topic in the oral was television and i knew a lot about technology(internet) so i chose that one which was a big help... above all i believe that it could of been a little easier but like you said, i did the past paper from this time last year i think, and it was the hardest paper i've ever done in my life!! hahaha
Reply 9
What did everyone get for the question in the grammar section, I think it was something like

'insistio en _________ (The verb was BAJAR)
I put BAJANDO, but I'm not sure if that is right or not. I wasn't sure whether it would stay in the infinitive BAJAR or not.

There was another present participle after that, estas DESARRLLANDO (I think, that's what I put anyway)
I'm guessing they wouldn't put two Present Participles in the same exercise, so I must have got at least one of them wrong.
Just wanted to see if anyone else got the same answers as me??
Reply 10
How was everyones oral? I had mine yesterday
Reply 11
Original post by rez_279
What did everyone get for the question in the grammar section, I think it was something like

'insistio en _________ (The verb was BAJAR)
I put BAJANDO, but I'm not sure if that is right or not. I wasn't sure whether it would stay in the infinitive BAJAR or not.

There was another present participle after that, estas DESARRLLANDO (I think, that's what I put anyway)
I'm guessing they wouldn't put two Present Participles in the same exercise, so I must have got at least one of them wrong.
Just wanted to see if anyone else got the same answers as me??

Everyone is saying it was bajar.

I put bajando. Seemingly so did many others.
Reply 12
Original post by akemikat
Everyone is saying it was bajar.

I put bajando. Seemingly so did many others.

same :frown: i put bajando :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by tomp123
yeah thought the listening was a good start to the paper, however i always start the paper by the doing the grammar, boy it was hard, on all 3 past papers the preterite is used a hell load, so i decided to make sure i knew the ins and outs, and there was only 1 answer i think that was preterite and te ha rompido.. i put te ha rompado, devastated hahaha.. the subjective was quieres que ........ can't remember the verb you had to change into the subjunctive, as you said the reading began to get difficult, couldnt remember the english definition to espionage and i didnt know cine mudo was silent cinema, so i got the spy and silent cinema the wrong way round with an educated guess.... and the essays were fine for me, my chosen topic in the oral was television and i knew a lot about technology(internet) so i chose that one which was a big help... above all i believe that it could of been a little easier but like you said, i did the past paper from this time last year i think, and it was the hardest paper i've ever done in my life!! hahaha

Ohh yeah it was quieres mis padres te ayuden or similar. But argghh after seeing all this grammar talk I think I majorly messed it up :0 Ohh I'm so jealous! I was praying for an essay on holidays, I did that in my oral, but no..... Oh I want the results now!!! Can we all come back here in a couple of months and share grades?! ( Sorry, yes ... I am thaaat sad)
Reply 14
Original post by srshsmmr
Can anyone remember whether your were supposed to write T or V in the listening ? Freaking out because normally its a V for verdadero but I have a horrible feeling I wrote T ???

OOOOhhhhh nooo! don't say things like that, Oh deary I think I did the same! EEEeeekkk :''''(
Reply 15
Original post by holly<
Ohh yeah it was quieres mis padres te ayuden or similar. But argghh after seeing all this grammar talk I think I majorly messed it up :0 Ohh I'm so jealous! I was praying for an essay on holidays, I did that in my oral, but no..... Oh I want the results now!!! Can we all come back here in a couple of months and share grades?! ( Sorry, yes ... I am thaaat sad)

grammar is just too hard, i do business, ict, religion and this, and i just dont get religion at all... i have my exam tomorrow and im certainly dropping it, so im dreading spanish next year. i did the fashion card, tv was my chosen subject and i got amistad and holidays for my random ones, they went really well, but apparently i didnt do so well on my card.. oh well yolo i suppose ahaha
Reply 16
Original post by tomp123
grammar is just too hard, i do business, ict, religion and this, and i just dont get religion at all... i have my exam tomorrow and im certainly dropping it, so im dreading spanish next year. i did the fashion card, tv was my chosen subject and i got amistad and holidays for my random ones, they went really well, but apparently i didnt do so well on my card.. oh well yolo i suppose ahaha

Ohh yeaahh same I have to keep spanish next year, as my english literature today was horrific. Fashion isn't easy, but I find that the card is the best part, you just read it! And I think my random parts at the end were marriage and tv so not too bad. Yeah I do philosophy which is probs quite similar to religion and it is soooo confusing I gave up trying to understand it at the beginning of the year :s

Latest

Trending

Trending