The Student Room Group

Aeronautical Engineering

Anyone planning on doing aeronautics?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep.. My firm is Aerospace but my insurance is Aeronautical..
Reply 2
Me, start Aeronautical engineering in september :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Aiden
Me, start Aeronautical engineering in september :smile:

even im going to start in september r u gonna be doing it in scotland itself or abroad? if u are currently doing a'levels wht subjects have you chosen?
Yeah I am! Looking forward to it, to say the least haha
I've applied to Strathclyde University as my insurance and Loughborough University as my firm.

Where have you guys applied to do Aeronautical/Aeromechanical Engineering?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by SameerM
Yeah I am! Looking forward it to say the least haha
I've applied to Strathclyde University as my insurance and Loughborough University as my firm.

Where have you guys applied to do Aeronautical/Aeromechanical Engineering?

ill be starting in september with emirates aviation college in dubai.
Would that course by any chance be helping you becoming a pilot?
Reply 7
Original post by SameerM
Would that course by any chance be helping you becoming a pilot?

no
Reply 8
Original post by 99llewellyn99
even im going to start in september r u gonna be doing it in scotland itself or abroad? if u are currently doing a'levels wht subjects have you chosen?

I will have the option of doing a year abroad :smile: In scotland our equivilant to A-levels are called Advanced highers. Im doing maths and Physics, with Higher Business. Do you have an unconditional? What grades did you require?
Reply 9
Original post by Aiden
I will have the option of doing a year abroad :smile: In scotland our equivilant to A-levels are called Advanced highers. Im doing maths and Physics, with Higher Business. Do you have an unconditional? What grades did you require?

im just doing maths and physics i require an A or better
im planning to do it aswell! may i know what did you guys take for AS levels? im a bit stuck on choosing my 4th :tongue:
Original post by SupremeNunchucks
im planning to do it aswell! may i know what did you guys take for AS levels? im a bit stuck on choosing my 4th :tongue:

our school does AS and A2 level in one year so im doing maths and physics
Reply 12
Original post by SupremeNunchucks

Im are scottish student, how do AS levels compare to an A level? Higher or lower?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Nexus One
Original post by Aiden
Im are scottish student, how do AS levels compare to an A level? Higher or lower?

It's 50% of an A-level. It's lower, in my school we do a full year for As and the next year we have an option to do the remaining 50% to get the full A-level qualification.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Aiden

yes SupremeNunchucks is correct AS is lower than A2 which is why if you only complete AS level the max grade you are eligible for is an A not an A*
What's up guys, providing I achieve my required grades I'll be starting in October.

BTW, why did you guys decide to do aeronautical engineering?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JohnyTheLad
What's up guys, providing I achieve my required grades I'll be starting in October.

it kinda interested me
Reply 17
Original post by JohnyTheLad

Was always interested in aviation and flight as a kid. Origionally wanted to be a pilot, but eye sight wasn't good enough. So opted for the engineering route

Reply 18
Starting in september if i get grades... Currently studying maths physics and french at A2 (dropped economics after AS).
Original post by Aiden
Was always interested in aviation and flight as a kid. Origionally wanted to be a pilot, but eye sight wasn't good enough. So opted for the engineering route

Haha, thats the same as me!!

Starting at Imperial in October if i get the grades... Haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest